• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey trailer (October 27th)

yuoke

Banned
Feel like we are gonna see the Seaside Kingdom and what the amiibos do in todays direct. Exciting stuff
Will people lose it if the bowser amiibo unlocks hard mode? Will there be boycotts?
Find out (in approximately 3 hours) on gaf!

going to need that rosalina shoehorn confirmation asap

waZmAK.jpg

Feel like we are gonna see the Seaside Kingdom and what the amiibos do in todays direct. Exciting stuff

Didn't they say that they were working on making a wide array of Amiibos work specifically for costumes? I had this idea of playing as Bayonetta Mario that must have come from somewhere...

Fantastical

Death Prophet
What would your reaction be if we had a demo drop after the Direct today?

Don't even want one to be honest. The game is pretty close. I want it to feel fresh when I pick it up day one. I really don't want to see much more of the game really. The thing I'm most looking forward to are critic's reactions when they actually have the game. I got so much hype reading the vague "this game is amazing" Twitter posts for BOTW and I'm hoping we get the same here.

Didn't they say that they were working on making a wide array of Amiibos work specifically for costumes? I had this idea of playing as Bayonetta Mario that must have come from somewhere...

During the treehouse segment I think. Hopefully non super mario amiibo compatibility isn't generic like botw.

It would be amazing be amazing to see costumes and skins like in yoshi's wooly world.

Plan on buying a luigi amiibo but the smash bros version is one depressed motherfucker

Frodo

Came here for the Direct thread. Didn't see it, but noticed this one up and instantly reaalised what happened. NintendoGAF is the worst insane. (never change)

anyhow:

siPq1Wm.gif

Wamb0wneD

Mods don't want us to talk about it until its about to start.

But it is about to start isn't it? We have a thread for The Evil within 2 being 30 days away that looks like an OT but we can't have a direct thread 1 hour and a half before it starts? Seems weird.

I personally found it funny and amazing but I understand why some would fins it creepy :p
Oh it was kinda creepy. But mostly hilarious. And amazing.

Are we gonna get this thread locked too?

On topic, I am excited about this game but I really hope they go back to the SMG formula. I don't really like pseudo-open worlds in my platforming Marios.

Are we gonna get this thread locked too?

On topic, I am excited about this game but I really hope they go back to the SMG formula. I don't really like pseudo-open worlds in my platforming Marios.

Yeah, we need to go back to pretending the big direct isn't almost about to begin.

Can't wait until Odyssey comes out!

Never understood why moderation on this site is so... Exacting. No room for extraneous or fun threads. Is there a limit to server space or what?

Anyway, for some reason I'm just still not convinced about this game. The moment they added any real life stuff (or honestly the entire theme of world travel) they "dated" the game. 64/Galaxy etc are timeless in a sense which allows them to still be popular. This seems different to me.

Somebody go make a Nintendo Direct thread. They crazy for shutting it down. You cant just close a Nintendo Direct thread like that. That's not cool and its bias. Dont get me started guise

Never understood why moderation on this site is so... Exacting. No room for extraneous or fun threads. Is there a limit to server space or what?

Anyway, for some reason I'm just still not convinced about this game. The moment they added any real life stuff (or honestly the entire theme of world travel) they "dated" the game. 64/Galaxy etc are timeless in a sense which allows them to still be popular. This seems different to me.

When you have to read almost every single post as a thankless and payless job, I understand.

Maybe the mods need to unionize...
. I may or may not be kidding.

I like the different worlds of the game and the more I see the game, the more I like it. I just wasn't enthralled with Mario 64, is all.

Top Bottom