• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Nintendo vs. Nintendo 64: Which console was golden age Rare at its best?

Which golden age Rare was better?

• SNES Rare

Votes: 59 25.0%
  • N64 Rare

Votes: 177 75.0%

• Total voters
I find Rare's n64 stuff to be borderline unplayable these days, they just feel so bloody janky and unresponsive. The fact they run at 7 FPS doesn't help matters much.
Mind you i don't like their SNES stuff either - i loved DKC as a kid in 94 of course coz the graphics and music blew my tiny timmy socks off, but replaying them as a grown up was a huge eye opener.

Nintendo absolutely did the right thing palming them off to Microsoft.

Last edited:

TexMex

Most people don’t even know Rare made any of those non-DKC games on your SNES list.

Rare is synonymous with N64. It isn’t even close.

digdug2

I would personally choose NES over SNES or N64. Wizards & Warriors trilogy, Marble Madness, R.C. Pro Am, Battletoads (and Double Dragon), Cobra Triangle, Captain Skyhawk, Snake Rattle & Roll, and Solar Jetman. That's some crazy good output. There were some stinkers in there, but that applies to every excellent game dev.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Eighteen games in 8 years.

EIGHT
TEEN
FUCKING
GAMES

Many of them beloved classics

In 8 years man.

We need to go back to smaller productions. There are so many talented people in this industry wasting away years of their lives making a tiny contribution to a single, bloated project that may not even end up seeing the light of day. It's an enormous waste for everyone.
We have single games today taking 8 years, with teams that are 10 times larger or more, and it only guarantees the end result will be an unwieldy mess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom