• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT| It's out in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
sorry for re quoting myself guys

thread goes pretty fast and nobody answered last time afaik :(

There is a yellow arrow in the For Glory section that has it, I think.

Nice and organized. Thanks.

Really love how varied this is.
HfaQkgp.png

God I love the Koopalings. I wish they're weren't on the flying clown head thing though. It would have been awesome to actually control them. They were my favorite bosses in any Mario game.

For Glory has a pretty extensive statistics section, though to be honest I can't read a lot of it, heh. I think it's a lot of the same statistics that you get at the end of the match like how much damage you deal and how many of certain types of attacks you pull off.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I don't have the game though, I'm exactly curious about What is in there :p
I am also trying to understand if there is some kind of matchmaking or what

It looks similar to Kid Icarus Uprising in layout. I'm pretty sure there's Win rate % and Win/Loss at least. There's more but I can't read Japanese.

Speedwagon

Anyone found a Ridley trophy yet? I doubt he's playable, but I want to see if it mentions his role in the games at all.

I have over 350 trophies and I haven't gotten him yet. I don't think he's in this version. Maybe the Wii U one.

daxgame

It looks similar to Kid Icarus Uprising in layout. I'm pretty sure there's Win rate % and Win/Loss at least. There's more but I can't read Japanese.

If it's not too much to ask, if you can take a quick photo with your phone or something, I will be able to translate it later :)

Anteo

It's four-player (local?) in what looks like a dorm/apartment, so it could be either. Have they mentioned onstream if the game itself is lagging on the 3DS's or just the 30 fps broadcast video?

It was slowing down like crazy, imagine a slow item from brawl? just like that, I've seen it happen before in one streetpass meeting, games will lag if there other players around in their own games. Also, there are other players besides the 4 on stream playing right now

Revven

It's four-player (local?) in what looks like a dorm/apartment, so it could be either. Have they mentioned onstream if the game itself is lagging on the 3DS's or just the 30 fps broadcast video?

It was definitely the game, they quit the moment the lag was happening and tried again only for the lag to continue to persist so they kept playing hoping it would go away.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At they very least they could have kept his orange/purple one from Brawl. It's my favorite alt color in the whole game. :(
This is why custom colour palette should have been a feature. I mean customisation is a big thing in Smash 4, so why not personal colour palette.

Yes, it was a pipe dream that had no chance of becoming reality. Mostly because people are too busy clamouring for pointless fighters rather than useful features.

I was but a wee sweet whisper amongst the horrid screeching invading Sakurai's ears.

Alfredo

so, I got a demo code last night and play 4-players local with my friends in their apartment. There was a lot of lag. I was hoping it was just due to some weird thing with the demo.

But if the full game is also like that, that's kinda unacceptable.

Yeah, confirmed you can save replays after for glory matches.

Did it myself.

Once again, still no way to export these videos :/

Really hoping youtube support will be added into wii u version, or at least miiverse posting of them.
Well, obviously this isn't a solution for everybody, but at the very least I can use my capture card to get the footage. Hopefully they have some sort of export, though.

Project M did it better.
They weren't focused on also building a game from the ground-up, though. :p

Rewatching the developer direct... mega man used to be a lot better :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=295

Look at his metal blade! Look at that instant leaf shield! :( :( :(

What did they do to you?

67POIct.gif

6lKB8wd.gif

Wow. What happened during development? o_O
I already have over 10 hours into the demo. I was playing as Mega Man earlier today, and I found out that if you use the Mega Upper on the ground (your opponent has to be on the ground too), it can kill at 80% damage.

Rewatching the developer direct... mega man used to be a lot better :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ#t=295

Look at his metal blade! Look at that instant leaf shield! :( :( :(

What did they do to you?

67POIct.gif

6lKB8wd.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom asked for this Mega Man to be canceled ;_;

He's fun to play as but feels so gimped compared to the other characters in the demo. I'm mainly using short hops with his side aerials because fuck his mega buster.

so, I got a demo code last night and play 4-players local with my friends in their apartment. There was a lot of lag. I was hoping it was just due to some weird thing with the demo.

But if the full game is also like that, that's kinda unacceptable.

Really? That's weird. I did 4 player matches with my friends on Friday, and we didn't experience any kind of lag. (We played with items and without)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom