• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wait seriously! Where did you see that?

It was on Shofu's stream so take that comment with a grain of salt. Shofu was on a streak with Mac and got matched with these Japanese Ganondorf who just wrecked him.

Not

Banned
Hey guys, so if the Wii U-3DS connection rumors are true, shouldn't we be able to find the extra characters in the game's code, like Pokémon?

ALM5252

So will there be an Online Tourney after the rest of the world receives the game? I would like to join in if there will be one . :)

I think he's one of the few (if any other) characters that I have yet to see on stream. Unless the E3 Invitational counts.

no

btw that invitational was wacky as fuck, KDJ got robbed twice and the second time they didn't even notice it

I think he's one of the few (if any other) characters that I have yet to see on stream. Unless the E3 Invitational counts.

I haven't seen Mii Swordfighter used on a stream either. Which is disappointing because he's one of the new comers I'm really excited for (because I want to make myself a sword fighter, heh)

Revven

Nobody seems to ever pick Olimar like... ever

He's not a popular character. In Brawl tournaments, there were only two really good Olimars: Dabuz and a Japanese Olimar (I forget his name atm). He was very underused despite how good of a character he became in the end. I think it was because he had a steep learning curve.

However, despite the steep learning curve being cut down due to only 3 Pikmin needing to be managed now no one seems interested in playing him much -- probably because what was good in Brawl for him got nerfed (his grab range, Usmash, Dsmash, etc). And those were the main things that made him as good as he was in Brawl (guaranteed Dthrow > Usmash at almost any %, for example).

You won't probably see Olimar much even when the game releases outside of Japan. Olimar is just not a very appealing character to play.

He's not a popular character. In Brawl tournaments, there were only two really good Olimars: Dabuz and a Japanese Olimar (I forget his name atm). He was very underused despite how good of a character he became in the end. I think it was because he had a steep learning curve.

However, despite the steep learning curve being cut down due to only 3 Pikmin needing to be managed now no one seems interested in playing him much -- probably because what was good in Brawl for him got nerfed (his grab range, Usmash, Dsmash, etc). And those were the main things that made him as good as he was in Brawl (guaranteed Dthrow > Usmash at almost any %, for example).

You won't probably see Olimar much even when the game releases outside of Japan. Olimar is just not a very appealing character to play.

weren't there two good Japanese Olimars? :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wow two Sheiks fighting first on Final Destination and then Battlefield, glad to see the "competitive" scene has evolved since Melee!

emb

Brood I think?

Was Rain also an Olimar?

Revven

weren't there two good Japanese Olimars? :p

Memory is foggy, if there were then that's only 3 Olimars still lol.

@emb: Rain was Meta Knight, I think. There were 2 Japanese MKs, Otori and Rain. I also seem to remember that Rain also had a ROB? Or maybe that was a different Japanese player...

Wow two Sheiks fighting first on Final Destination and then Battlefield, glad to see the "competitive" scene has evolved since Melee!
*gasp* Very early on in the meta, people are using easy-to-use characters on two of the like three or four legal stages?

Say it ain't so!

emb

Wasn't there also another good American Olimar, Rich Brown?
Memory is foggy, if there were then that's only 3 Olimars still lol.

@emb: Rain was Meta Knight, I think. There were 2 Japanese MKs, Otori and Rain. I also seem to remember that Rain also had a ROB? Or maybe that was a different Japanese player...
It's hard to keep up with. I was thinking Ocean was the ROB. But it's been so long, I have no idea really.

No items, Sheik only, Battlefield only. The new age mantra.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm honestly surprise Namco didn't see how OP Sheik was. I was calling it since the invitational.

Yet they didn't nerf her at all

It's early days yet though, I said what I said as a joke. Would have been funnier if Fox or Falco was seemingly overpowered this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom