• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
I liked the Micaiah...
image.php

At least Lyn and Roy were awesome!
Est and Katarina also had really cool designs.

EDIT: Roy's design sucked, though!

justchris

I think people are misinterpreting Sakurai's quote from Famitsu. He's not saying he was going to make Lucina a Marth alt, then decided to make some changes to her and make her a real character. He's saying he considered making her a Marth alt, but she doesn't quite match up with Marth's characteristics exactly, so he made a few more changes to her and gave her her own character slot.

Also, I guess 3 days of solid info and discussion is as much as Sakurai could stomach.

It's just disappointing, though since she's a popular character nobody sees anything wrong with it.

people love time paradoxes lol (i can see where your coming from though :p)

edit: also man learning who did the guest art always leads to some interesting artwork by the artist :p Ephraims artist yamada koutarou did a fire emblem manga and has written some yaoi lol

ryanofcall

I find it desturbing that all of GAFs favourite Fire Emblem Awakening Characters, died very early in my Fire Emblem: Awakening Save. (Frederic, Anna etc.)

ffdgh

I find it desturbing that all of GAFs favourite Fire Emblem Awakening Characters, died very early in my Fire Emblem: Awakening Save. (Frederic, Anna etc.)

Freddy is always a early crutch then benched forever :D. Anna...her class pool left alot to be desired. Why oh why couldn't all the females have dark flyer access

Azure J

Holy shit, how am I just finding out that based Kinu Nishimura did art for a Fire Emblem game? Kinu for primary artist on FEnext pls Nintendo/Intelligent Systems.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy shit, how am I just finding out that based Kinu Nishimura did art for a Fire Emblem game? Kinu for primary artist on FEnext pls Nintendo/Intelligent Systems.
I would be down for this. Nishimura is an amazing artist, and Est is already my favourite Awakening guest art, haha.

Redrop

This man knows what's up. Incredibly disappointed when I found out his class wasn't soldier, same goes for Nephenee.

Sentinel would have been a great name for their classes, considering the Soldier>Halberdier>Sentinel class tree in Radiant Dawn.

xaszatm

Banned
I don't feel like she's different enough to warrant that no. Nothing says that he couldn't have given her those taunts as an alt costume, has Sakurai described what the Arcade mode even is in the Wii U game? And there are a bunch of trophies for non-playable characters so I don't see this point at all. Ehhh Sakurai has been shown to twist characters to justify things in the past, good example being Robin being able to use dark magic and Ike in Brawl being nothing like how he was in Path of Radiance.

This is just making it feel that he liked the character so he made a loophole to include her in it.

Worked for Jojo and that had two characters on horseback! Plus Wario had his bike, I can kind of sort of see horseback, it just seems like it'd be fun too.

Sigurd is probably my favorite lord, and I remember a long time ago in like Melee he was almost put in or something if I'm not mistaken due to his popularity. Sigurd is nowhere near as bishie as Marth, you have to consider that the last new official work for Sigurd is from the 90s that had a totally different style compared to Marth who had new artwork done for him for the remakes and Awakening. I was hoping Sigurd would get redesigned for Awakening but we got Seliph who looks pretty cool in the new art.

This sounds great actually.

Honestly, one of the things Sakurai never seems to acknowledge with FE reps, until robin was the fact that basically every lord can usually wield more than one weapon, and the fact of class change. I remember somebody talking about differentiating Chrom by making his FS class change and I thought that'd be a fun idea. Ike can wield axes IIRC in Radiant Dawn and Lucina gets lances when she class changes, I'm not sure about Marth. I would have liked to see those features in their movesets somehow.

I am really loving how determined you are to hate Lucina. We literally know nothing about her changes except the sword part and you are STILL insisting that this is the only change she will have and she is "wasting" a character slot.

POTD: cute kitty

Neiteio

Oh man, I was hoping Sakurai would keep his combo streak going with a full week of killer PotDs. That filler pic is a c-c-c-c-c-c-c-COMBO BREAKER.

But eh, I'm not complaining. (OK, I am, but I shouldn't be after all the treats we got this week, lol)

her sexy artwork of some characters might leave people who arent fans of that put off to be honest :/ i was suprised they even had yosuke do the work for awakening since his previous work was for no more heroes and he did a hentai for that lol *didnt stop him from adding fanservice either way though*

All this Fire Emblem talk makes me want to go play one. Haven't played a game in the series since the first one that came out in the US. Too bad I dont have a 3ds, guess I just have to wait until Smt x Fire Emblem comes out.

Tomorrow's pic is gonna be something like a zoomed out shot of FD followed by a week long break because all that news from the past couple of days has wore Sakurai out.

All this Fire Emblem talk makes me want to go play one. Haven't played a game in the series since the first one that came out in the US. Too bad I dont have a 3ds, guess I just have to wait until Smt x Fire Emblem comes out.

I would recommend you another game, but apparently they're all expensive as fuck, even used. Makes me realize how luck I am for getting Blazing Sword and Path of Radiance back when they were first released.

Out of all Vets yet to be revealed I miss Wario the most. I really want to see what happens to him in this iteration. Any chance he goes back to his overalls and ditches the Warioware outfit?
(Well, he can keep it, but when he appears in a reveal video I hope he's in the overalls)

Out of all Vets yet to be revealed I miss Wario the most. I really want to see what happens to him in this iteration. Any chance he goes back to his overalls and ditches the Warioware outfit?
(Well, he can keep it, but when he appears in a reveal video I hope he's in the overalls)

I'm pretty sure WarioWare greatly overshadows Wario Land in terms of sales and popularity, so no. Just be glad that you will almost certainly still have the overalls as an alt.

Durden77

Only person that I have let die so far in my FE:A game is that red headed mage. I liked her, but she had to go. And I felt like it wasn't right to reset it every time....

What? You all do it. I had a battle go for about an hour once, then Olivia was killed at the last instant because I wanted her to kill the boss for XP but I was stupid and didn't realize he had that perk that let him attack first with less than half health. Instantly killed her.

I thought about it for a while, but still ended up reseting.

Moonlight

Banned
If you're not constantly resetting your FE game for anything - deaths, bad level-ups, excessive weapon uses - you are not playing FE.

her sexy artwork of some characters might leave people who arent fans of that put off to be honest :/ i was suprised they even had yosuke do the work for awakening since his previous work was for no more heroes and he did a hentai for that lol *didnt stop him from adding fanservice either way though*
It's not like she draws sexy artwork for everything and puts in everything, haha. I don't recall any risque scenes in VLR! She's got a really lovely style and she's already shown with Est that she'd suit the style and tone perfectly.

And as a bonus, here's a little extra FE art that Nishimura drew!

tumblr_n0ty8sBtc31sw790xo1_1280.jpg

I'm pretty sure WarioWare greatly overshadows Wario Land in terms of sales and popularity, so no. Just be glad that you will almost certainly still have the overalls as an alt.

Him having overalls on in EVERY other game Wario is featured in (golf, kart) gives me some resemblance of hope :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom