• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zlCfzSKwYtEL37Kcl3

zlCfzSKwY_w-zf4Y4w

zlCfzSKwZJU_vGdqsP

The plot thickens!? Comment?

Poyunch

Oh god does this really confirm alt!? Please no. Please no... Marth is supposedly very crappy I was hoping for a quicker clone. :/

Kriken

Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.

With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.

By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye.

exfatal

Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.

EDIT: LUCINA CONFIRMED AS CLONE WOOT THANK YOU SAKURIA

Cody_D165

Banned

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

Clone.

Not alt.

jph139

"With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.

NOT AN ALT

Wow, she may be even more of a clone than Falco ever was.

And Lucina is confirmed as clone.

Wow, she may be even more of a clone than Falco ever was.

She's basically turning out to be Better Roy without t3h ph1r3.

zlCfzSKwYtEL37Kcl3

zlCfzSKwY_w-zf4Y4w

zlCfzSKwZJU_vGdqsP

By the way…there's probably no chance you'll be able to see this in the game, but Lucina has the mark of Naga in her left eye.

Quoting for new page.

So Lucina (I still refuse to pronounce it as Lukina, although the Japanese name suggests it) is basically a poor man's Marth? Easier to handle and thereby weaker?

Richie

Wow, it's like Sakurai's directly addressing the questions we had as to Lucina's state. Awesome! Also, is this the most PoTD in a single go since the 3D Land Stage?

I also think this makes Dark Pit's chances sky(world) high.

jph139

Probably the cloniest clone in years, but not an alt. That's good!

Great touch on her eye, too... that's the attention to detail I like to see.

Mik317

INB4 WASTED SLOOOOOOTZ

Whatdya mean? I meant I really hope she's got her own slightly different playstyle and isn't just a costume. Which it seems like she is! :D

Beezlebuf get BTFO

eh, I'm just glad we can play her at all. Even she was just a Costume with a different voice isn't bad to me (which it seems she isn't).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Welp, looks like Ken isn't maining Lucina.

Hatchtag

Banned
"However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot."

More clones confirmed? :D :D :D
(Before a clone hate train begins, Sakurai equated that a whole new character and 6 clones take about the same amount of work. So it's not a terrible way of beefing up a roster.)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
zlCfzSKwYtEL37Kcl3

zlCfzSKwY_w-zf4Y4w

zlCfzSKwZJU_vGdqsP

So she might not suck, unlike Roy!

Toxi

Banned
So basically, she's a sucky Marth that's easier to use.

Myn

Why would Squirtle and Ivysaur be cut?

I guess it would make sense that they'd be cut because they're not as relevant as Charizard in the newest Pokemon games. I mean, people I know solely bought Pokemon X just for the black Charizard mega evolution. He's that popular.

To have Squirtle and Ivysaur back as their own character slot would be kind of weird, neither of them have ever had a significant mascot feel. Personally though, I wouldn't mind if they come back as some surprise unlockables or something. More characters is more fun.

So based from the information we got up until now, who will be much better character? Marth or Lucina?

Let me over-analyze the several seconds of Lucina gameplay and spend the next day theory crafting why she's more competitively viable, brb ;)

OceanBlue

So Lucina (I still refuse to pronounce it as Lukina, although the Japanese name suggests it) is basically a poor man's Marth? Easier to handle and thereby weaker?

I don't think he ruled out small differences in move properties. That said, if they existed, they probably wouldn't be anything drastic.

Jintor

Ah, random thought: Has anyone bothered to check if (warning: very slight Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers ahead)
Lucina has the Fire Emblem crest in one of her eyes in the in-game model
?

zlCfzSKwZJU_vGdqsP

EDIT: And there it is! Based Sakurai

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom