• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Toon Link Maybe something involving the Wind Waker? Maybe creating winds that push the opponents in a particular direction?

that would be great. he could conduct the wind-direction song and the player could choose which direction the wind would blow. It'd only affect other players, their projectiles and items. aiming wind up would make it easier to meteor KO them, down would make their jumps shorter, Etc.

Donkey Kong's was definitely the strangest. Who even gives a shit about Donkey Konga? Why the hell was his final smash not just Snake's but with barrels instead of grenades while the arcade Donkey Kong music played?

Launching from barrel to barrel could be good. a bunch of them could appear on screen and the player could aim where they want to go next. it wouldn't keep him stuck in one place like in Brawl (which was hilariously dumb)

TrueBlue

I gotta say, I'm quite pleased to see that the Negative Zone might be getting replaced. As cool and useful as the move was, it sorta typified my problems with Luigi in Brawl.

By this, I'm referring to his characterization. Yes, I know that's not the main concern of Smash Bros, but something about Luigi's character rubbed me the wrong way. There was something about his mannerisms and voice that made him sound more depressed than shy and nervous. The Negative Zone was apparently a manifestation of this, in the form of an offensive move.

I dunno. Seeing Luigi portrayed the way he was in Brawl just kinda felt off. For me, I didn't see the Luigi in Brawl as being the same one from the main series, the Mansion games or the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

I'm probably alone in this, but eh.

Final Smashes that need to be changed

They are not actual things from their actual games:

Mario
Link
Toon Link
Peach
Bowser
Jigglypuff (unless 'puff up' is an actual move in pokemon that I've never heard of)
Lucario (aura storm isnt a real pokemon move, is it?)
Metaknight (correct me if i'm wrong, but he never uses 'galaxia darkness' in his games)

Could use other final smashes:

Ness (Ness never learns starstorm! Actually, most of his PK moves are very off!)
Pit (After KI:U there are much better Final smashes he could have)
Ice Climbers (Summoning a giant mountain of ice isn't something they actually do)
King Dedede (While he owns an army of waddle dees, there are more creative final smashes he could have)
Id say toon link has a ton of options. He could use something wind waker esque, could split into four and have all of them beat up the other players and depending on whether MM would count for toon or regular link there is always fierce diety. Perhaps they could make an abriged version of WW Link's hurricane spin but add in that he can make a twister so he spins around stage and anyone hit will get KO'd but it will also create a twister above him that can catch players and they just accumulate damage. Bowser has so many options I kinda hope they pick something from 3D world. Not sure what direction they would go with Peach but there are some options such as a toad army, her emotion powers in SPP or one of the powerups from 3D World. Id also Yoshi's is barely based on stuff he's done in games but its the same situation for Bowser. I didn't actually mind Mario's FS. Although I will say LoZ series needs to be fixed. Zelda's is the only good one based on canon. Im not huge on Link's either since its not based on anything he's done. Ganondorf's just really needs to not be a Captain Falcon clone. He could get his trident of power or still transform into Ganon but not the exact same move as CF. I also wouldve liked a unique FS for Sheik but theres little to go on.
Link's Final Smash was my favorite in Brawl, so hopefully they don't change it too much. Perhaps have Link change into Fierce Deity Link and allow him to do more powerful A attacks, but if he presses B then it'll do the Final Smash from Brawl? But if it misses, then it'll transform him back.

I rarely toot my own horn, but this is actually a great idea!
Yeah I was thinking a while ago they could do something like that with Lucario where if he has the smash ball he will be mega evolved and be more powerful but if he uses his final smash then he returns to normal.

I gotta say, I'm quite pleased to see that the Negative Zone might be getting replaced. As cool and useful as the move was, it sorta typified my problems with Luigi in Brawl.

By this, I'm referring to his characterization. Yes, I know that's not the main concern of Smash Bros, but something about Luigi's character rubbed me the wrong way. There was something about his mannerisms and voice that made him sound more depressed than shy and nervous. The Negative Zone was apparently a manifestation of this, in the form of an offensive move.

I dunno. Seeing Luigi portrayed the way he was in Brawl just kinda felt off. For me, I didn't see the Luigi in Brawl as being the same one from the main series, the Mansion games or the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

I think Sakurai sees Luigi as Nintendo's Usopp, but his characterization in America comes off as more as timid and in-the-shadows since I don't think we have that same archetype as often here.

Luigi's been living in his brother's fame so long that he's become a shadow of his former self. Though there wasn't much to begin with. But what would you expect from the King of Second Bananas?

Luigi's sort of a lovable coward. You know that he's scared but he'll still pull through in the end. He's not his brother but Luigi still tries his best.

Luigi getting a full Final Smash change is so cool because it could mean so much for some other folks.

Bowser: While I'm not particularly opposed to Giga Bowser, ShockingAlberto brings up a good point. I'd love to see Bowser get his Clown Car and just chuck bombs, giant bowling balls and generally troll from afar. If not, Meteor Chucking from the background to the active area in a vague call out to both Galaxy/Galaxy 2 and Yoshi's Island would be great.

Peach & Jigglypuff: I feel like her Final Smash would make more sense on Jigglypuff while hers could be changed to either her hilarious Super Princess Peach abilities or the weird Jedi mind trick powers she had in Bowser's Inside Story.

Falco: Give him an Arwing he can play a left to right version of Asteroid in. Whenever he moves off camera to the right, he reappears on the left and vice versa while firing lasers straight forward. Hold A to lock on, B to shoot bombs and L/R to tilt sideways (double tap for Barrel Rolls) if anyone camps the Arwing itself for safety.

Wolf: Call in a Star Wolf bombing raid. Honestly, his would be the hardest to peg because giving him a Wolven makes him directly similar with my theoretical Falco FS, but him staying in a Landmaster parallels him to Fox even more.

Toon Link: Easy. The Windwaker. Seriously, why couldn't he play Ballad of The Gales and summon a typhoon on the stage in Brawl? That wrote itself. Alternatively, he could get the Four Sword and go all Yun using Geneijin in Street Fighter 3 except it's four Links following in sequence.

Ness: PSI Rockin' Omega: Because Smash needs more trippy as balls final smashes, especially with Luigi losing the Weegee Zone/ZA WARUDO.

Ganondorf: Needs a FS to change into a fully controllable version of Ganon. Trident version would be great too.

Kirby: I'm cool with Cook if they buff its area of effect or do something to make it less avoidable. Otherwise, just replace it with Mic or Crash, or one of the crazy things going on in Triple Deluxe.

Donkey Kong: I didn't mind the Bongo FS, but the throwing barrels down rafters at characters idea is hilarious. Alternatively, DK should go full Jungle Beat and get command grab pummels a speed boost and stretchy arms.

Captain Falcon: Keep his the same in beginning animation, but make it so when he's flying down the track, he pops out of the cockpit forward, flares up and throws an explosive punch with this playing in the background.
Bonus points if he plays helmet less after that point.

Lucario & Mewtwo (fingers crossed): Mega forms. Actually, if the Pokemon Trainer comes back, I think it'd be great if he would just Mega evolve the Pokemon he currently had out but I guess that would require Squirte and Ivysaur to do some last minute grinding. :p

Some really soliddddddd ideas in here! Damn, now I hope Sakurai changes some Final Smashes and makes them more fitting to the character.

Spinluck

Nah, man, my stage choices are always small-to-medium sized, so that shit gets done faster.

Well, small-to-medium sized and Hyrule Temple. That stage is special. Shit goes down there.
Specifically here:
BYWRVXQ.png

yeeeaaah.

I would love to see an updated version of this stage.

Berordn

I hate the fact everyone keeps saying november when there no evidence at all

November's the goto date because it's the absolute latest that it could still come out this year during the holiday season, and it's kind of clear it's still in active development.

It could always come out in 2015, I suppose.

November's the goto date because it's the absolute latest that it could still come out this year during the holiday season, and it's kind of clear it's still in active development.

It could always come out in 2015, I suppose.

I could see NoA aiming for a North American December 3 launch date again.

Was playing project m with a buddy today, after like 2 hours of play I picked Luigi just to do negative zone, with 30 seconds left and myself, my buddy, and one ai all within 1 point of each other the first smash ball appeared and I got it, yelled "ZA WARUDO!" And the game froze. My buddy and I laughed and agreed "yep nothing is gonna top that today" and stopped playing

Muzy72

Banned
I could see NoA aiming for a North American December 3 launch date again.
NOA has always launched their biggest console game of the second half of the year the week before Black Friday. They used to release games on Sunday but now they do it on Fridays. The release date is going to be November 21.

there is as much evidence for it to come in late july/aug as there is for nov. The game looks pretty far in development, there already working on trophy(which prob is done in last stage) and been in development for longer then brawl.

I had a dream last night that Ganondorf was in.

He played just like Brawl but his neutral B was a powerful sword slash and his side B was a flurry of sword jabs.

R0ckman

Yeah I noticed this too. When we unlocked him during our release party me and my friend were big Luigi fans so when we saw that even when he came out of the pipe for his intro he said in a depressing voice: "Here we go..." We wondered what the fuck was wrong.

there is as much evidence for it to come in late july/aug as there is for nov. The game looks pretty far in development, there already working on trophy(which prob is done in last stage) and been in development for longer then brawl.

There isn't even a release window more specific than 2014 yet. Brawl had its original release date announced six months ahead of time, and Nintendo still seems to be doing this sort of thing.

Plus, Sakurai's hand is in such a bad condition that he's thinking of pushing the launch closer or further away than it currently is, and knowing Sakurai, he'll take as much time as he thinks he needs.

And it's been in development longer than Brawl? Remember that we're talking about two games on two platforms. They have to work out balancing, online infrastructure, exclusive features and stages, and stability for both games.

Personally I liked what they did with Ganondorf's moves in Brawl. Like Falco they differentiated his normals a lot more and I liked the punch his moves packed. For the character's sake and any diehard Zelda fans it might be about time they give him some more attacks relevant to his appearances though to give him more integrity.

I know he might be kid or joking or whatever.

But I was thinking, you know what disney character I would main if they got randomly added to smash?

Stich, I would main the shit out of stich. That would be hype.

You know what disney character I would main if they got randomly added to smash?

Sora.

Village

You know what disney character I would main if they got randomly added to smash?

Sora.

Rather play him in dissida.

HINT HINT SQUARE. Maybe you should make a square crossover game, hmm.

Also wolfs finalsmash should just be Wolverines power up move from marvel. He just howls and gets super strong. No I don't care its non cannon, its hype and he would shake the screen when he did it.

Rather play him in dissida.

HINT HINT SQUARE. Maybe you should make a square crossover game, hmm.

Also wolfs finish smash should just be Wolverines power up move from marvel. He just howls and gets super strong. No I don't care its none cannon, its hype and he would shake the screen when he did it.

can't have that, it's gotta be from the games /s

Tomorrow's update will be Luigi doing the Negative Zone Final Smash

We get 2 final smashes per character

NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Sakurai did mention customizability might be a thing in the 3DS version with the ability to carry it over to the wii u version, so having multiple specials may not be out of the question

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Apparently people are expecting to see other final smash tomorrow. I don't know. I think it might added to the cycle where he would randomly pick between AT, Pokeball, items and Final Smash.

These?

If so, they're good suggestions, will think about them.

Was originally going to go with the creepy Mitch McConnel smile, but I'm nt that inclined towards it anymore

Yep, do whatever you want. I can't wait for the result!

I know he might be kid or joking or whatever.

But I was thinking, you know what disney character I would main if they got randomly added to smash?

Stich, I would main the shit out of stich. That would be hype.

Next to Captain N, my left field pick would actually be Wreck It Ralph. I think if there's a Disney character it should be him.

Top Bottom