• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I REMAIN STEADFAST IN MY ANTICIPATION FOR TAKAMARU. I BELIEVE.

Oh my God that was so refreshing. To recap:

- Captain Falcon concern trolling got a bullet in the face
- Everyone won the jackpot with regards to who the new Awakening person would be
- Fire Emblem is now Mario/Zelda/Pokemon tier
- Gematsu leaker got the legs snatched from under themselves with yet another Rosalina style swerve (still believe Shulk and Chorus Men are a thing though)

No it's not. 4 characters vs 5 for those series. And the leaker got Chrom wrong; he's a final smash.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
illust-modal.jpg

That's a very lucky prediction...

Cse

Banned
sooo

Robin is newcomer
Lucina is Marth alt
Chrom is part of Robin's final smash

this is correct?

If Lucina is just an alternate costume for Marth, why would she get her own "Smashes in" portion in the video? Doesn't that only occur for discrete characters?

Sendou

kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif

Who the fuck is Chrom.

Who the fuck is Lucina!

WHO THE FUCK IS ROBIN?!

Jesus, Falcon is the only redeeming part of this reveal. Too much Fire Emblem shit.

Yeah I siad it.

4 reps is what I consider a good number from the best Nintendo IP.

Axass

Also, if freaking Robin was revealed before release, no way trees unlockable newcomers lol. We'll definitely see Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep in the next few months.

Sure, just like it was "implied" in the 100% correct salromano leak that those were the only newcomers.

georly

New pic of the day:

zlCfzSKleV4aEoPypm

Pic of the day. Robin, the avatar in Fire Emblem Awakening, joins the battle!! As a master of tomes and the Levin sword, Robin's not like any other swordfighter. You can also select Robin's gender when you play.

Azure J

sooo

Robin is newcomer
Lucina is Marth alt
Chrom is part of Robin's final smash

this is correct?

Seems that way, but all the Lucina photographs have me wondering now...

Edit: Oh man, I just realized, there better be a way to play Robin with the hood up at all times.

PsionBolt

Next question: Why does Robin use the Levin Sword most of the time, but a Bronze Sword sometimes? Are weapons, like tomes, limited in use? That'd make some sense.

thanks to those who sent me links, i snuck to the bathroom and watched it there lol. couldn't wait.

not surprised that they made it in, this game is supposed to be a 3DS seller first and foremost.

JediLink

Okay, time to calm down now and actually analyse what this all means.
  • First of all, no dicks will be sucked today.
  • The new character is Robin. Pretty safe to say that no one expected this.
  • Lucina has Marth's moveset, meaning she's either a clone or an alt.
  • I really don't know what the deal with Chrom is. He barely appeared much. I don't think he's a newcomer or we would've seen some of his moveset.
  • Captain Falcon is back, finally.
  • For the first time ever, the Gematsu leaker is wrong in a major way. This does damage the credibility unconfirmed parts of the leak, but we can't say for certain that those parts are false - only that this part was. Also, this gives us some more information about the extent of what he really knows. Maybe he just saw some gameplay of Chrom and just assumed Chrom was the FE newcomer?
  • Now that Captain Falcon - someone who we all thought was going to be a secret character - has been revealed, Sakurai has once again proven that he can't be predicted.
  • On a similar note, Sakurai's troll status is maintained, with Chrom's "Maybe I'll get my chance some other day" or whatever it was.
  • Ridley might still have a chance.

Mr-Joker

Banned
kido_zpsb90fe5c1.gif

Who the fuck is Chrom.

Who the fuck is Lucina!

WHO THE FUCK IS ROBIN?!

Jesus, Falcon is the only redeeming part of this reveal. Too much Fire Emblem shit.

Yeah I siad it.

There will be laugher, rage and tears this is Smash Bros it takes no prisoners.

Omzz

Lucina's moves are exactly like marths. Won't say alt i suppose at this point. Just a clone

But Chrom is part of Robin's final smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom