• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Gematsu never said Chrom/Shulk/Chorus Men were the last 3 newcomers, he just said they would be in the game and playable. Chrom is clearly NOT playable

I seem to remember a lot more folks adamantly saying that those guys (and Palutena, Mii Fighters) were all based on how leak 3 was phrased.

Either way, hyyyyype. There is still stuff to this game we can't predict.

Holy shit guys I just watched the trailer again.

IKE HAS BLUE FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH SHIETTTTTTTTTTTTT

Everything_was_better_than_expected.jpg

georly

Also, robin is a perfect way to represent fire emblem as a whole because he can use tomes and different swords and doesn't have a lord sword to rely on the whole game. Great way to show off the other side of fire emblem. My only concern is the future of robin in smash bros since, unlike marth/ike, I don't see him appearing in more than one game. Who knows. maybe we'll get an awakening 2.

He....
wwe-showul-crying-sports-crying-gifs.gif

He does love us....

He loves us more than we know. :)

Romano defenders are the new Ridley believers.
Except the Ridley believers are right.

I don't know how to feel about the leak probably being fake now. I mean now Ridley has a bigger chance... but I had accepted that he probably wasn't in and was super excited about Shulk... SAKURAI PLZ LET ME HAVE BOTH!

Xane

Notice all the pictures from the website that say "newcomer"?

The fact that her small picture isn't labeled as "newcomer" comes down to one simple fact:

Layout and design.

They have a fixed grid with the character display on their website.

Every newcomer spot is three times (or two times?) the width of a regular spot.
Since it would look fucking stupid if there were two empty spots next to two new newcomers they decided to give either Lucida or Robin a regular square spot in the grid.
I bet t his will be corrected once the next veteran is announced.

Please don't let the hype disable your ability to think straight.

Oh god yes, I was about to type the exact same thing! Glad I'm not the only one giving more than three seconds of thought into things.

Crocodile

I honestly think Sal Romano confused Robin with Shulk, like I didn't know who this Robin guy was when first revealed and I assumed it was Shulk, so he's still right to me

To be ever so slightly fair, Male Robin does look a lot like Shulk so I can see how somebody could be confused in that respect. When you add in the ENTIRE REST OF THE TRAILER though? Naw man.

Dryk

I see no confirmation of this anywhere, people
Lucina's moves seen in the trailer:
- Marth's uair
- Marth's side b
- Marth's nair
- Marth's fair
- Marth's down b

Lucina's moves not seen in the trailer
- Anything fucking original

Of course the leak isn't made of random asspulls. Just it isn't as definite and absolute as everybody wanted us to believe. In that sense it's dead.

I still think Shulk and Chorus Kids are in.

So in reality this was the best possible outcome? Might be more characters, still get Shulk and the Boys. Win/win?

Azure J

I'm kind of looking forward to the pointless arguments and shit-slinging. Anything's better than the fatalism we got after the leak.

Yeah, it's like we went through the 5 stages a bit too fast because of how omnipotent the Gematsu leaker seemed. Now we can actually have some fun pondering about the unknowns in the game again.

georly

Today's video was the best possible thing. 1. Didn't expect captain falcon. 2. Didn't expect Lucina over chrom. 3. DEFINITELY didn't expect robin. AT ALL. ATTTT ALLLLL. 4. It upsets every other leak that has ever been ever so now the possibilities are endless for the last few newcomers that remain.

Thank you for continuing to surprise me, sakurai. Thank you nintendo and team. Fantastic job.

I still think that the rest of Gematsu's leak will come true (Shulk/Chorus Men). Him being wrong about one character doesn't automatically mean that he's a fraud and that none of the info was ever legit. The leak is partially real, I think it's foolish to say otherwise at this point, it's just that his info is not as 100% as we've been taking it.

We also all came to the conclusion Shulk was gonna be in due to specific retweets (which don't normally happen). I have feeling they had all the trailers lined up, had a schedule, sent it to the devs who actually need to know. Sakurai probably just switched the order up because of the leaks.

By the time the next reveal comes (I'm gonna assume they might have something for Comic-Con) that will be when we can just write off the Gematsu reveal.

Guesong

Yeah, because it was all a series of super lucky guesses, none of which had been false up until this point.

What's more likely, that he didn't have legit information, or that plans changed during development?

Seriously, what is everyone's deal with this? How can you guys be this rabidly unreasonable in regards to the leak situation.

The only really lucky guess was Wii Fit Trainer, to be honest. It's also the one guess that people take up as gospel.

I mean to be perfectly honest, the rest of the newcomers are not so far out there that nobody not in the know would not have seen them coming. Even Pac-Man, because of the Namco collaboration.

As I said before due to Rosalina never being mentionned in the leaks (and the original leak saying 6 characters on the first E3), it could be right, but there's definitively missing pieces in it if it is legit. Nobody should give up on characters or believe everything Sal Romano's leak said to be the end-game of Smash 4, because now with Robin and Lucina and Rosalina, that's 3 popular newcomers he never uttered a word about, while being wrong about Chrom.

NeonZ

This is rad and everything, but people are jumping way too quickly on the "Gematsu is wrong" bandwagon.

I always insisted that the first leak had proven itself, but the second one and later weren't necessarily as reliable. We don't know if Gematsu's source is even a primary or secondary one after all. If this is a telephone game, he could get things wrong later even after the first leak, in spite of being the same source.

Azure J

My favorite FE Class, spell and weapon got into to Smash

Today's a good day

Seriously. We have a magic rogue. A red mage. For reals. In Smash.

I am totally excited right now. As soon as I get muh samurai/iaido character, we're set for base sword style archetypes.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
No Shulk is making me sulk. Boohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom