• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have wanted Tom Nook badly for some time. This reveal has confirmed it in my mind.
But Tom Nook is in Villager's FS. He's not gonna be in.

God damn it, twice I have been at try bottom of the page with my post.

Re: Robin's sword mechanic: I think that it will work similarly to the spellbooks. The trailer says that each spellbook only has so many uses. I think the same will hold true for his swords. It might be on swipes, hits, or damage taken, but I think the swords will be expendable as a reference to FE mechanics.
Bottom tier confirmed I guess. That's like super stale moves.

J-Tier

so can we now all agree that the leak was not,in fact real,but just well made and kinda lucky?

I doubt the part with every single thing correct is just a lucky guess.

Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, PacMan, Villager, Little Mac, and Mii Fighter -- no way are all of those at once just lucky guesses.

DaBoss

This tweet lmao: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/488693255476097025

RyEC37L.png

All together, I'm happy about today. Still would like to see Shulk show up as I really want some content from that game in Smash, but it looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Re: Robin's sword mechanic: I think that it will work similarly to the spellbooks. The trailer says that each spellbook only has so many uses. I think the same will hold true for his swords. It might be on swipes, hits, or damage taken, but I think the swords will be expendable as a reference to FE mechanics.
Down B to change tomes I hope.

Golnei

Either way, having them reference FE mechanics at all is a vast difference from Ike and Marth's implementations - considering the care the newcomers thus far have been implemented with, I feel ashamed for even expecting the only new FE rep to be a clonish Chrom.

I think what we all are missing here is that Capt. Falcon is clearly a villian in this Smash game. I mean he was trying to Falcon Punch Lucina just for her trying to defend her father who is a man who fights for justice that Falcon defeated.

Thusly Capt. Falcon is now evil.

Sakurai should troll Metroid fans by making Dark Samus and SA-X playable characters rofl
;_;

King K. Rool's old ass is still more relevant than Lucina. Her imposter face will be forgotten before the next Fire Emblem is even released.

lol the fuck outta here with that rare abomination

That was my thought as well. I love the implementation of actual FE gameplay!

RomanceDawn

2nd or 3rd Pic Of The Day.

"And welcome back, Captain Falcon!! When are you ever getting a new game of your own?"

I LOVE SAKURAI!!!!!!!!

J-Tier

But Tom Nook is in Villager's FS. He's not gonna be in.

He'd be redundant anyways. I think Villager best represents AC at this point, without any other AC rep needed.

If Villager was never revealed, I'd probably be rooting for Tom Nook as well though.

... and at the end of the day, though they were very excited, nobody quite knew what to make of that Rayman trophy.

Sakurai just loves toying with us. He's a sadist.

Kouriozan

I think what we all are missing here is that Capt. Falcon is clearly a villian in this Smash game. I mean he was trying to Falcon Punch Lucina just for her trying to defend her father who is a man who fights for justice that Falcon defeated.

Thusly Capt. Falcon is now evil.
Plus, he killed tons of Pikmins :mad:

Either way, having them reference FE mechanics at all is a vast difference from Ike and Marth's implementations - considering the care the newcomers thus far have been implemented with, I feel ashamed for even expecting the only new FE rep to be a clonish Chrom.
The difference is that Marth and Chrom both have signature weapons tied to them on the games. Robin doesn't. So one can be more flexible with what he uses. Marth can't expend his family sword.

georly

I hope we can customize Robin's appearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if every alt color had one of the 3 different faces and maybe different hair color/style

Female 'big':
WkW6bOV.png

Female 'medium':
FZ1TUbZ.png

Female 'small':
l3ZutL0.png

Male 'big':
VA1upIb.png

Male 'medium':
RaqZKyr.png

Male 'small':
D0weEDV.png

Obviously their body type/size won't translate but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw all 6 face variations.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
wasn't k.Rool forgotten even by his own franchise?

Rool is the most well known DKC villain and the DKC villain with the most appearances in the DKC franchise. Let me know where girl-Marth stands in five years. One mainline game and one Smash appearance most likely.

Yes but:

• One reveal trailer =/= one character. See this and the Greninja ones.
  • Reveal trailers =/= all newcomers. There could and there will probably be unlockables.
Sakurai has stated that he wants all newcomers to get a video. Even Lucina got one, and she's a clone.

NeonZ

King K. Rool's old ass is still more relevant than Lucina. Her imposter face will be forgotten before the next Fire Emblem is even released.

I'm not sure about that. What if they develop the whole "past FE characters" mechanic next game? We could start seeing actual recurring characters (with no roles in the main story, but still gaidens and supports) just for fanservice.

I still think that the rest of Gematsu's leak will come true (Shulk/Chorus Men). Him being wrong about one character doesn't automatically mean that he's a fraud and that none of the info was ever legit. The leak is partially real, I think it's foolish to say otherwise at this point, it's just that his info is not as 100% as we've been taking it.

Yep.
He is probably not someone very important during development, translator for example.
Development in games change all the time.
Is obvious Sakurai knows about the leaks and he is acting accordingly. Im pretty sure he told people at Monolith to retweet just so he could make a huge surprise. The Chrom fakeout was done in the trailer exactly for that.
This is done all the time in other media (misleading script titles, recording altarnate scenes so people can't leak, etc...), its not surprise Sakurai is using this tactic against the leak. No creator likes he things leaked before time.

The leaker knows things, but he doesnt know all and things like Chrom can be explained perfectly. And thank god for that, I think this is the more beneficial troll Sakurai has ever done to keep people excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom