• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Miiverse Update Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Yes, what we have now is the final roster at launch. However, I definitely don't think this is everything we will get. What happens after the 3DS version has launched? How is Nintendo going to keep us hyped for the Wii U release? It's simple - they hold back a few characters and give them to us later (either for free or by linking the two versions).

That's why I choose to believe Spainkiller's post. I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. I'm not sure about the exact characters he mentioned, but I'm not convinced what we have now is final. Nevertheless, we will know soon enough.

I love all the salt about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit "getting in over" other characters. As if Sakurai was sitting in his office and said, "hmm, maybe I should put in Ridley and Ice Climbers...nah, I want Dark Pit and the Doc!"

If those two weren't in the game, the roster would be - 49 characters. Or there'd be two different clones: Pichu and Toon Zelda, say.

If they're unlocked through that, we'll know before the US release from datamining, I guarantee you that.
The only trace of DLCs in Mario Kart 8 were four old placeholder icons with "DLC" in the filename, and they weren't even used in the actual DLCs. They should know by now that people are able to datamine games.

Hatchtag

Banned
Is the IRC down or something?
Anyways, how big's the download? 49,211 blocks should be more than enough for it, right?

The only trace of DLCs in Mario Kart 8 were four old placeholder icons with "DLC" in the filename, and they weren't even used in the actual DLCs. They should know by now that people are able to datamine games.

He didn't say DLC, he said a connectivity unlock, much like some content in Pokemon. If its DLC, yeah, that's a whole different story.

sfz

Banned
How on earth could Ridley be in the game as a playable character if he's in the metroid stage as a boss character?

At this point I think Sakurai recognizes Ridley and refuses to include him, but prefers to troll fans about him.
Inb4 Conductor Toon Link in Spirit Tracks stage.

Maybe Ridley becomes Kraid when somebody plays as Ridley.

Not surprised by all the groaning in this thread; reveals of final rosters in Smash Bros. games have always been reacted to in this manner. Ironically, I think this one is actually pretty good, but being spoiled so early on kind of diminished a lot of the surprise. Besides, Nintendo could be planning some DLC for this game as well, seeing all the cool Mario Kart 8 stuff on the way seems like a good sign for this game as well (since they are both popular multiplayer games with a lot of DLC potential I mean).

Kouriozan

Famitsu recently lied and said it was online.

Did you saw the fixed R.O.B. avatar?

EDIT : Beelzebufo, please :p

And fixed, if anyone take him.

24FDeHh.png

Thanks for your work!

Zubz

Banned

Eh. The Egg Cup was still used, but it's true; after so many other games, Nintendo knows not to leave stuff laying around.
Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion being exceptions for convenience sake, of course

Kyzer

Banned
Smash Run is whatevz anyways.

Cutomized chars. are really only good for classic mode and stuff. I don't really care for fighting my friends at 2x speed, 3x jump height, super strength, and shit like that.

Dr. Buni

Smash Run is useless to me now that it isn't online. Fuck local multiplayer.
Yes, what we have now is the final roster at launch. However, I definitely don't think this is everything we will get. What happens after the 3DS version has launched? How is Nintendo going to keep us hyped for the Wii U release? It's simple - they hold back a few characters and give them to us later (either for free or by linking the two versions).
That would be the biggest middle finger ever. Most people are buying the 3DS version only and they wouldn't have access to the other characters. Not to mention there are people skipping Smash 3DS and waiting for the Wii U version, too.

DLC (FREE DLC)? Sure, give us on the Wii U version release date. Linking the two versions to unlock characters? No, thanks.

The tip before the R.O.B. battle said the Ashley AT had 6 random effects, but it was too quick for me to get what they were. I like that some ATs have multiple effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom