• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take Two CEO on GTA6 for PC: “Rockstar has an approach to platforms which we’ve seen before, and they will make more announcements in due time.”

GO5xwbKWkAA2CZD

During an interview at a TD Cowen conference this week, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick was asked whether the lack of a PC announcement was set in stone, or if the game could be confirmed for the platform at a later date.

“Well, the lack of an announcement is not something that could be set in stone as near as I could tell, because the only thing that happens after the lack of an announcement is an announcement, I suppose, or a continuing lack of an announcement, I guess that could happen too. It doesn’t seem to me that either would be set in stone,” he said (transcribed by VGC).

“But Rockstar has an approach to platforms which we’ve seen before, and they will make more announcements in due time. I do believe that the right strategy for our business is to be where the consumer is, and historically what this company has done is address consumers anywhere they are, on any platform that makes sense, over time.”

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
One thing I think people didn't consider is how MS is going to handle their forward compatibility efforts. Huge question mark at this point. But if they somehow do manage to get that working in Windows, PC gamers would potentially have access to Unicorn Overlord and GTA VI. Really unclear if any of that is actually happening, but I guess we'll see.

bitbydeath

They will probably hold off close til the PS6 releases so they can triple-dip. That’s how they handled GTAV.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
One thing I think people didn't consider is how MS is going to handle their forward compatibility efforts. Huge question mark at this point. But if they somehow do manage to get that working in Windows, PC gamers would potentially have access to Unicorn Overlord and GTA VI. Really unclear if any of that is actually happening, but I guess we'll see.

There is no scenario where PC gamers are able to play the game on PC ahead of the official T2 release date.

Reckheim

GTA6 will be a huge boost to both consoles. I'd prefer to play it on PC obviously, but I ain't waiting. Will probably double dip like last time.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
There is no scenario where PC gamers are able to play the game on PC ahead of the official T2 release date.
Well I just listed a scenario. But it's total speculation at this point. And it wouldn't be an updated full PC version.

Laptop1991

It will come out later on PC like the 3D era games always has, while it would disappoint me in the past, it doesn't now after GTA V's short SP campaign and all the SP DLC that got cancelled for online, i expect GTA 6 to be the same in my opinion, the SP will be good but short and the focus will be on shark cards, i would be shocked if it was any different.

bbeach123

Game release too soon , should be at the end of the gen where the console playerbase at maximum, then release the next gen version a year later for people to double dip . Then release the pc version a year later for people to triple dip .

There .

Translation: It will release with the next gen consoles in 2027 (with PS6 because nextbox is mostly 2026, one year earlier), and we want the console audience to double and triple dip on the PC version, just like last time.
Lol, wrong. It is releasing on PS5/Xbox Series consoles at 30fps next fall. In 2028, when the PS5 comes out, Rockstar will make an "enhanced 60fps" version, just as Rockstar did with GTA 5

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
Well, the lack of an announcement is not something that could be set in stone as near as I could tell, because the only thing that happens after the lack of an announcement is an announcement, I suppose, or a continuing lack of an announcement, I guess that could happen too. It doesn’t seem to me that either would be set in stone

This man should be a politician, what a master of saying a lot of words without saying anything at all.

Kabelly

Game release too soon , should be at the end of the gen where the console playerbase at maximum, then release the next gen version a year later for people to double dip . Then release the pc version a year later for people to triple dip .

There .
GTA 6 will move consoles like no other game. No reason to wait for the maximum playerbase when Rockstar will be the reason.

Let's see how much they charge for this game first. I don't know how they could launch it at anything more than £70 as that's the RRP for games right now. People are saying it could be the first £100 game which is fucking bananas.

I'll probably double dip though if it looks good enough gameplay wise.

Schmendrick

Consoles first, then the improved PC version later, maybe together with the next gen version for consoles.
Business as usual.

We can wait, no issue.

Denton

I was very glad I ignored PS3 version of GTA5 and waited for the PC version.

I was very unglad that I purchased RDR2 like a moron for PS4 only to get PC version announced and be much better.

So GTA6 on PC it is.

I still wish they would do some new IP instead. Like Agent, or the rumored medieval game.

SNG32

It's always the case in their practice.

Currentgen (2025 September) > nextgen (2027 November) > pc (2028 March)
It’s definitely not going to be that long for a PC release. I think a pc release will be sooner than that. Especially since online is now a focus so they probably want to get that out to as many people as possible. You’ll get a PC release in 2026.

Danknugz

for me, all their tactic of delaying the pc version just means i end up not really caring about the game. because i won't but it for console, but i'll play it for maybe 10 or fifteen minutes of 30 fps console trash disappointment if it's on game pass. then i'll forget about it and not play it for a few years until it comes to PC, at which point i'll care even less. that's kind of what happened with gta V for me and i just never really played it or cared.

i also used some glitch to give myself 100 mil gta dollars in the first couple weeks of gta V launch, then rockstar took it all away from me and i never touched the game again, was way more fun stealing the money and exploiting the glitch than actually playing the game.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

I see no problem, Its always a better version and nobody is forced to double dip. Il jist bust it on current console and if its an amazing game and I feel like it il wait for a meger sale and get it on PC yrs after its release.

Dr.D00p

Translation...we don't want everyone seeing it looking and running much better on a PC, and losing juicy console sales because of it.

NickFire

Anyone played 2k24 my team this year?

This dude and his buddies might be the biggest villains in video game history.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I'm one of those who gladly triple and quadruple dipped in the past. But there's going to be no more of that shit. I want to experience it fresh and unspoiled on my high-end rig, "waiting" is easy.

Last edited:

Hudo

Aka: "Rockstar have seen that retards are willing to triple dip. So we'll launch SKUs for Xbox and Playstation first. Then for PC after a year and then a ''''definitive'''' edition for PS6 after that. They are carrying the whole of T2 Interactive, after all."

thegame983

I get the whole double/ triple dip thing, but wouldn't it benefit 2K to release it on as many platforms as possible for GTA: online?

The more people, the more pay pigs?

Hudo

I get the whole double/ triple dip thing, but wouldn't it benefit 2K to release it on as many platforms as possible for GTA: online?

I can guarantee that they ran the numbers and concluded that triple dipping brings them more money.

Hip Hop

If the next gen is coming out in 2026,

GTA 5 will sell first with current gen in 2025

and in 2026 the upgraded version will be released with the next gen and then the PC release will soon follow suit. Its a great strategy really.

Fbh

True but the double (and then triple on Ps6) dipping will still bring in a lot of money.
It might also help with server load and having a smooth launch as well as give them more time to release a fully polished game on console and then a fully polished PC port later on.

Top Bottom