• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks was Developing 2 Unannounced Games Before Closure

Draugoth

Gold Member
hi-fi-rush.png

A developer at Tango Gameworks has revealed that the studio was working on at least 2 unannounced titles before the studio’s closure.

The information comes courtesy of Tsuyoshi Okugawa’s LinkedIn page, which was first spotted by Twitter user @bogorad222. According to his LinkedIn page, he was working on two unannounced titles.

“Unannounced Title Graphics Programmer 2024” and “Unannounced Title Lead Programmer 2023-2024”, his LinkedIn profile reads.
One of these titles is almost certainly the Ghostwire: Tokyo sequel that was leaked during the Microsoft x Activision FTC hearing, which leaked that the game would be released during FY24. As for the second game, it’s highly speculated that it would be a sequel to Hi-Fi Rush.

Source

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I wish people would stop trawling people's linkedin profiles for info and then disclosing it on a much larger stage without their permission. The 'useful info' to screwing over some random guy looking for a job ratio is just way too low.

StereoVsn

Man, that just sucks. Ghostwire 2 could be really good. I liked the first game quite a bit and the sequel would have shored up some of the weak points.

😡😤🤬

Phil is a little bitch. Tango deserved better than Xbox.
Yes he is and a dead silent one. You can tell he is guilty and behind all the debacles as of late. His silence says everything especially when he would always have something to say when anything xbox related happened. They said they wanted more games like HI FI Rush and then they proceeded to shut down Tango..…Phil and Co. are a bunch of wankers to the highest degree.

Last edited:

FewRope

Yes he is and a dead silent one. You can tell he is guilty and behind all the debacles as of late. His silence says everything especially when he would always have something to say when anything xbox related happened. They said they wanted more games like HI FI Rush and then they proceeded to shut down Tango..…Phil and Co. are a bunch of wankers to the highest degree.
He really havent said anything since all the shit storm huh. I wonder if he is going to be present in the Showcase with his shit eating grin as always, I doubt it personally

consoul

I hadn't heard about Ghostwire 2 til now.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

That game was begging for a sequel to really make good on its potential.

The closure of Tango really is a tragedy on the same level as Konami killing Silent Hills. Unforgivable.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
So the insinuation here is that the claim that Tango was chosen for closure because they were "pitching" a new game rather than in development was just bullshit.

Of course. Any games development studio that's getting close to finishing a game will have a small group of people already creating and working out their next project. They'll need to get the greenlight from their publisher/owners in order to get the funding for a new game, they need to have a story, characters, an idea of the game play mechanics, the world the game takes place in, etc. If they didn't, far too many people working in that studio would have nothing to do once they shipped their big game and the studio bosses were still in the "pitching game ideas to the publisher stage".

Where does that leave the rest of their studios, if they want to focus on the bigger games? All the smaller studios are in trouble. Ninja theory just released a game that is rated lower than hi fi rush and will probably sell less too. Where does that leave them?

Microsoft are murdering studios simply by owning them and having them stuck on xbox. We're hearing that the new doom game will be fully multiplatform from day 1. Why was this not the case for hellblade 2? They're sending these games out to die and I feel so bad for the studios seeing their games flop like this because they're stuck on a platform nobody gives a shit about. Pete hines said the same thing. He didn't want Bethesda games exclusive to xbox.

Last edited:
He really havent said anything since all the shit storm huh. I wonder if he is going to be present in the Showcase with his shit eating grin as always, I doubt it personally
He has become such a coward now that he is hiding behind Sarah Bond. He made her come out publicly for that interview about the studio closures because he didn’t have the balls to do it himself. What a total loser and phony. FAKE PHIL should be his new name. He most likely will show his fat face at the showcase and put on his fake smile hoping idiots fall for his shite. Most people are onto his phony act by now either way. His true colors have been exposed for a while now.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Still makes zero sense how tango get closed and ninja theory is still around.
NT just made an entire fanbase and the xbox acces media suddenly fall in love for walking simulators ... all that it took was 7 years and 4 hours of "game play"...

They are geniuses

jakinov

So the insinuation here is that the claim that Tango was chosen for closure because they were "pitching" a new game rather than in development was just bullshit.

And then there is that
Being "in development" can mean they are developing an idea and ready to pitch it. Different companies use different lifecycle terms and have different processes but a lot of the naming/structure is modeled after movies/TV industry with phases e.g. pre-production-production etc. It's a little weird with game dev because it involves software development and so they will just say "in development", in films/TV they phase before pre-production is just called "development" phase whereas in gaming they often call it "planning" phase or break it down even further. Being in development does not necessarily mean they got the greenlight (i.e. approval) to make the game. saying they are in pre-production or production likely does.

Top Bottom