• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Ken

yes you can even do 1v2. Its all in the OT :)

Thanks.

Do you think the majority of people will play this as a tag game or as a 1v1 thing? I'm pretty new to Tekken so learning new systems and two characters at a time seems pretty daunting.

Nori Chan

OT is beautiful!

This will be my first tekken game :D Any tips for the newcomer? And is this a good game to start off my tekken career?

Epic OT man, so hyped

claimed
i9c9LfoG3Tj1D.png

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
OT is beautiful!

This will be my first tekken game :D Any tips for the newcomer? And is this a good game to start off my tekken career?

Great time! Depending on how serious you want to take it, there are tons of resources!

Check the OP :)

broz0rs

I'll be playing TT2 once my Guild Wars 2 phase dies down. Nina's my girl! Been playing with that bitch since Tekken 2.

Thanks.

Do you think the majority of people will play this as a tag game or as a 1v1 thing? I'm pretty new to Tekken so learning new systems and two characters at a time seems pretty daunting.

The original Tag (2v2 only) was probably the most popular Tekken on the competitive scene. So I guess there's your answer. You could always start out with two very similar characters. Devil Jin/Angel, Asuka/Jun, Marshall/Forrest etc.

Pookmunki

Had WAT preordered since it was announced, ready for this. Any eu psn Gaffers want to add Pookmunki to their list and ill take on challengers most evenings for FOREVER.

danmaku

Thanks.

Most people will play with 2 characters, but I guess a lot of beginners will play solo. That's why they put the option in the game, after all (learning a character in Tekken takes quite a lot of time, though some are easier than others).

I'll start with Lili/Lei because they are the only ones that I know... and I still can't remember half of Lei's moves.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This game is going to be sick! Already played it plenty at the arcades and I'm ready to kick butt online! Not to mention I'm getting a free copy courtesy of Namco Bandai, this is going to be so sweet :D

d0c_zaius

Combot training is very cool. It has some annoying challenges, but it teaches you everything in a entertaining way. It has enough surprises and content to merit everyone checking it out regardless of skill level.

Once you get the hang of tagging its really fun to mess with.

Seijuro

Coming from 2d fighters, I hope this is finally the Tekken where I can get a grasp on the game's basic mechanics.

will probably get kicked around a lot online - still hyped though :D

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
What? Free copy? :p

Yeah! I participated in some small tournament at the gamestop expo and everyone in the top 4 was guaranteed the game, plus a Christie figure and a gaming headset. needless to say I was ecstatic since I already had the game on pre-order :p

Looking back though, I was pretty fortunate to make it in the top 4, the other 3 were really good @__@

branny

Is anyone else really stressing over who to use? I'm having a meltdown!

I know my way around quite a few characters (especially in Tekken 3 and TTT1 since I played those fckers to death like everyone else), but I've only technically mained a few. Lemme think:

Tekken 1: Nina (sub Kazuya)
Tekken 2: Jun (sub Kuma)
Tekken 3: Ling (sub Hwoarang)
Tekken Tag: Ling, Jun (sub Hwoarang)
Tekken 4: Ling/Miharu
Tekken 5: Asuka (sub Ling)
Tekken 5 DR: Lili (sub Asuka, Ling)
Tekken 6: Leo (sub Lili, Asuka, Ling)
SFxT: Ling, Lili (sub Julia, Poison)
Tekken Tag 2: ???????

Kunimitsu is looking too awesome to ignore (as is nearly every other returning character), but fucking Jun is back, and I also have Leo, Lili, Asuka, and Ling to try to stay faithful to. Options overload.

Yeah! I participated in some small tournament at the gamestop expo and everyone in the top 4 was guaranteed the game, plus a Christie figure and a gaming headset. needless to say I was ecstatic since I already had the game on pre-order :p

Looking back though, I was pretty fortunate to make it in the top 4, the other 3 were really good @__@

You lucky! We never get those kind of giveways here. :(

Pachimari

Is anyone else really stressing over who to use? I'm having a meltdown!

Kunimitsu is looking too awesome to ignore (as is nearly every other returning character), but fucking Jun is back, and I also have Leo, Lili, Asuka, and Ling to try to stay faithful to. Options overload.

I think most of us will have a hard time picking our mains with all of these characters.

I myself am thinking about Lars, Jun, Asuka, Bob, Miguel, Michelle, Armor King, King, Forest Law, Jin, Steve Fox, Kunimitsu, Ling, Leo, Lili, Julia. And SHIN KAMIYA... *wishful thinking*

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Excellent OT, AAK! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be playing this on launch day - but I will eventually!

dot

Oh wow, i haven't read much of this game until now but there will be free DLC characters?

And there's customized loading screens too? That's awesome.

Most people will play with 2 characters, but I guess a lot of beginners will play solo. That's why they put the option in the game, after all (learning a character in Tekken takes quite a lot of time, though some are easier than others).

I'll start with Lili/Lei because they are the only ones that I know... and I still can't remember half of Lei's moves.

I wouldn't recommend lei too many stances. Aris had a list of beginner characters. Lili is one he didnt mention but she's in that category.

SSJ-Luffy

Neo Member
I know how to play Xiaoyu on basic level, but I have no knowledge about her advanced stuff, yet.

I have to go to a local distributor and preorder it now. Hopefully the online is playable in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
I will main Hwoarang and Devil-Jin for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 I think.

@AAK: Sick opening post!

Will be maining Kunimitsu <3 Not sure who I'll team her up with, though. Yoshi seems like the obvious choice but he's bottom tier again, with one of the steepest learning curves to boot. :/

Nyx

Nice OT, very hyped.

And finally a fighter in which my friends are also interested, so finally I will be able to play online with friends instead of just fighting randoms who are way too good for me.

Wow. Amazing job AAK. See you in Tekken Tag 2. I think I will be using Nina and Anna Williams for my team for now. Does anyone know how they compare to their Tekken 6 versions?

Glad nobody took the Alisa avatar yet, I'll claim it.
izSam1QZvQRTj.png

Can't wait until I can pick up my We Are Tekken edition next Friday, I might be rubbish at fighting games but this has so much content it's impossible to pass up.

Great OT, AAK. Looking forward to throwing down online.

This game is paid off and waiting for me. Come on, Tuesday.

Will be using Yoshimitsu for sure but will try out Alex or Kuni for possible teamage. I hope because of alex/roger's ttt ending, that there is a special relationship between them and Yoshi.

Tizoc

Alright GAFfers, look at my av.
Did you look at it? Good.
See my av has 2 meanings-
1- It's Dragunov ORDERING you to buy TTT2. No questions asked, you looked at my av, now you gotta follow his orders, lest you get the 2ND meaning of my avatar.

2- It's Dragunov dispatching his highly trained Elite Soviest Kamikaze Zombie Bunnies to munch on your entrails.

So really it's 45-60 dollars or death by Soviet Bunnies, your choice GAFfer =3

Followed by Dragunov dispatching his unit of trained Soviet Kamikaze Zombie Bunnies to munch on thier entrails

Nice OT.

Any guess on which system will have the most players, or will it be fairly even.

There will definitely be more players on the PS3 like most fighting games. That is the one I plan on getting. I will probably also get the X360 version later on down the road though.

Top Bottom