• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Democratic National Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

kingkitty, what is this thread about?
This is for the 2nd Democratic National Primary Debate for the 2016 nomination.

kingkitty, when does this start?
It will start at 9pm eastern today. It should last around 2 hours.

kingkitty, where can I watch this?
In America you can watch the debate on your local CBS station. You can also watch an official stream here. This stream will not require a cable subscription.

kingkitty, what is the theme of the debate?
Originally the economy, but will now also cover foreign policy.

kingkitty, who are the candidates?
The frontrunner Hillary Clinton, the maverick Bernie Sanders, and some other guy.

kingkitty, please tell me more about these candidates.
okay, whatever

Bernie Sanders
paAKc8h.jpg
jOOzOZ3.jpg

Will bring change to America. An outsider who is consistent with his political positions. Youthful charisma. Has unprecedented appeal to minorities. No Super PAC. Would be the first Jewish American president. Isn't afraid to shout for his beliefs. Incredibly dreamy.

Hillary Clinton

Lies, emails, flip-flopper, DINO, etc etc.

This guy

Something something The Wire.

kingkitty, who else could have been in this debate but was unfairly pushed out by DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, otherwise known as Hillary's puppet?

Lincoln Chafee

Hillary was afraid of Chafee. And thus, Chafee's time came to an unfortunate end. How does Hillary keep getting away with this?

kingkitty, who should I vote for?
Well, that's not my place to say. I've laid out the facts in a fair and balanced manner. It's up to you to decide.

kingkitty, Bernie Sanders just lost the nomination, and I hate Hillary with every fiber of my being. What should I do?
If you really, really hate Hillary, then you should vote Republican in the general election to teach those Democrats a lesson. Perhaps with enough pain, the Democrats will finally feel the bern. Another option is to vote for the Green Party, especially if you're in a crucial swing state.

kingkitty, I am not from the United States and I have no idea what's going on.
Here you go my non-American friend.

kingkitty, will some Republican candidates use the tragedy in Paris to attack Democrats?
Yes. But to see that in full display, you'll have to wait for the next Republican debate on Dec 15.

Tough break for Bernie. I don't think having this debate switch focus from the economy to foreign policy will do him any favors.

Edit- what more do you need from an OT, people? It's a debate between 2.5 candidates that we're already very familiar with.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There is like no buzz about this. I almost forgot it was even happening tonight.

Joni

It will be interesting to see what the opinions on ISIS will be, as you know that will dominate the quotes.

Slayven

There is a conspiracy theory going on that the Debate was scheduled because tonight in the big night of some Iowaian football game. Hillary doesn't want any eyes on her

Ovid

Apparently, because of the tragic events in Paris the debate will be about terrorism.

I'm looking forward to it.

The CBS News team immediately shifted gears and reformulated questions to make them more directly related to the attacks. Mr. Capus said it was important for the debate to go on because the world looks to the American president for leadership during international crises.

“American leadership is put to the test,” Mr. Capus said. “The entire world is looking to the White House. These people are vying to take over this office.”

CBS is also planning an hourlong special report Saturday night, immediately preceding the debate, with a singular focus on the attacks in Paris, Mr. Capus said. It will be anchored by Norah O’Donnell in New York with a contribution from the “CBS Evening News” anchor, Scott Pelley, from Paris.

“Face the Nation” has changed its plans for its Sunday broadcast. The network originally intended to broadcast the show from Des Moines the morning after the debate, but has scrapped those plans and now says it will travel back to Washington to cover the news of the terrorist attacks.

nytimes.com

I expect there will be a lot more foreign policy / national security questions added to the debate than there originally would have been.

UraMallas

There is a conspiracy theory going on that the Debate was scheduled because tonight in the big night of some Iowaian football game. Hillary doesn't want any eyes on her
What? I'm from Iowa and the Hawks are playing Minnesota. It's not some crazy big game and, tbh, no one even thought the Hawks would be in the position they are in even one month ago.

People are crazy.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
This'll probably get the lowest ratings of any debate so far.

With probably a heavier focus on the Paris attack that happened last night, I actually think many more people would want to tune in to hear what these candidates have to say about it. Describe how they'd handle the current Syrian crisis, ISIS, preventing terrorism and all that.

But this OP isn't quite up to the standard as the previous Democrats debate thread :( Sorry kitty~

It's not like she had a bad performance during the first debate. And coming off her strength during the Benghazi hearings, I don't think her campaign has a reason to become camera shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom