• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Acolyte premieres June 4th on Disney+

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
How about scrap everything so they don't have to divide their resources, and focus on making one really good show? Put your absolute best people on it in terms of writing, directing and production. Set it far off into the future, perhaps a 1,000 years at least. Do away with the Jedi and Sith, and create new factions in their place. Perhaps have different parts of the galaxy be ruled over by Great Houses. Force Users can be Royalty/Nobles or Elite warriors in these houses. Some houses are good and some are evil. Make it a political war drama. Enough with the Jedi vs Sith, the bounty hunting, or Empire vs Rebels. It's time for something truly different. The High Republic and Old Republic are just different shades of the same shit.

So... Dune with The Force

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Viewership beat the Shogun premiere.

As someone else mentioned earlier, isn't this 4.8M views spread across two episodes? Not that I really care either way, but I'm just curious if we are comparing apples with apples here.

Its actually decent. I was worried they were going to take a few episodes to chase osha and realize it wasnt her. Then within 5 minutes they wrapped that story up thankfully. I would have stopped watching otherwise.

I hope this whole ‘jedis actually caused a massacre that theyve been keeping a secret’ isnt stretched out the whole season, that would be tropey af.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Gold Member
So... Dune with The Force
Sure, Dune’s awesome. At least this way we would see Force Users that depending on which faction or house they belong to, they’d have their own unique philosophy and code. I think Jedi are played out and everything that could be said about them has been said a hundred times over.

Alex11

My real problem with this show is that it's boring. How, for the love of all things SW, can you make a show for young audiences, in this universe, with sci-fi space magic and whatnot this boring.
The opening fight scene was like a cheap crossover with Matrix.

Jesus Christ, just make things fun, make fights a spectacle, I don't want to see real fights in a SW movie, make interesting characters based around an actors qualities and charisma.

Ok this latest episode is BS.

DeafTourette DeafTourette

I'm gonna to stop watching after this episode

The Force Is Female Indeed

Frustrated Body GIF

And before you go into defense mode as usually is the case, it's right there

Such bullshit as usual 😆

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Alright, new episode is starting. Beware, here be spoilers galore.

• Wow, these child actors they cast look nothing like the adult actress. They're not even twins. Hmm, oh well, at least it seems the evil one can act well
  • lol, creeplord Jedi knight Sol
  • Oh the woman from the promos was a Force user? I didn't see that coming, I thought she was a Nightsister or Night Witch or whatever from Ahsoka. And I know her because I watch tons of UK television - she was Anne Boleyn in the recent mini series of the same name
  • Uh, OK, so these are Nightsisters. And they use the Force? I don't know the extended lore that well so I am a little lost as to what this ceremony entails and what their powers are
  • Interesting how they're presenting the story from the perspective of this coven, and how from that perspective the Jedi feel sinister at first
  • Tommen Baratheon, as I live and breathe
  • They did a pretty good job of de-aging both Carrie Anne Moss and Lee Jung-jae by about ten years only using makeup
  • Did the Jedi kill all of the Nightsisters? I am guessing so, given Tommen Baratheon's guilt-laden suicide in episode 2. Then Sol blamed it all on Mae? Holy shit. If that's the case this is straight G risk taking by Headland. I don't recall the Jedi being cast as the unambiguous antagonists before (edit: now that I think about it, there was a Jango Fett comic from like the 2000's that showed the Jedi massacring a bunch of Mandalorians for questionable motives - so this wouldn't be the first time)
  • I do not understand Sol's motivation to watch Osha so closely and know to be there in her time of need. Is he one of those Jedi's who are prone to prophetic visions or something? I am going to guess that we find out he was an orphan and decieved as a child as well. Kind of like how Din Djarin connected with Grogu / Baby Yoda

Decent episode. I think it ended abruptly but it served its purpose of letting the audience know what went down.

Last edited:
Lol you are going to have to be more specific. I have seen 30+ "drama bait twitter accounts", aka the folks who live rent free in a certain person's head, that claim various things.

I'll be more specific

Got a speech with one sentence being because I'm a women and the evil men hate me. It was one line but still rolled my eyes

And supposedly these two lesbains nightsisters created life. The Black Lesbian created the twins with no man and put the twin fetus into the White Lesbian. They don't show it but they both basically confirm it in one sentence.

Yeah fuck Kathleen Kennedy seriously

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Ok this latest episode is BS.

DeafTourette DeafTourette

I'm gonna to stop watching after this episode

The Force Is Female Indeed

Frustrated Body GIF

And before you go into defense mode as usually is the case, it's right there

Such bullshit as usual 😆
Why are you making shit up?

The writing and acting is the problem, there was no “the force is female” though.

Just a group of people with a slightly different take on the mystical power people use. Oh no, the horror.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'll be more specific

Got a speech with one sentence being because I'm a women and the evil men hate me. It was one line but still rolled my eyes

And supposedly these two lesbains nightsisters created life. The Black Lesbian created thr twins with no man and put the twin fetus into the White Lesbian. They don't show it but they both basically confirm it in one sentence.

Yeah fuck Kathleen Kennedy seriously

Sounds like typical slacktivist bullshit. I am sure the usual folk will defend it as if their lives depended on it.

EDIT: Look's like I was already proven right before I made the post.

Last edited:
Dr. Claus Dr. Claus

And that's the thing

Before Disney Star Wars I was a huge fan of practically everything Star Wars

The OT
The PT
The Expanded Universe
The New Jedi Order

Etc

I'm fine with Nightsisters existing since they were a Expanded Universe thing. George Lucas canonized them in the Clone War cartoons. It's what they did with them in this Disney Canon that I especially hated

Kathleen Kennedy is salty over that South Park episode and she's planning on destroying Star Wars now due to her feelings getting hurt

And George Lucas can fuck off with his defense of Disney. He's just protecting them due to having shares in the company. That's all

Toons

Wasn't this the ep everyone was saying would shatter canon or something? There was no female force being here at all lmao. Whenever started that rumor on YouTube or whatnot is a confirmed clown.

The episode had highs and lows. The liked the set up, it seems rather obvious that what we are shown is from oshas perspective and not what the reality is.

I found it very interesting they depicted a character rejecting her origins like this and sol still comes across as a good guy. But I think there's more to be revealed.

The child actors were aight. Real life twins, but I think one is a better actor than the others lol.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Sounds like typical slacktivist bullshit. I am sure the usual folk will defend it as if their lives depended on it.

EDIT: Look's like I was already proven right before I made the post.
You are literally talking to someone who is lying.

Pretty funny stuff.

IntentionalPun

On that note, so that Nightsister / Witch created the twins Palpatine > Anakin style it seems. I wonder if Osha is going to be crazy powerful like Anakin was by the time this series wraps.
Yeah re-treading the force baby stuff with some different beliefs thrown in. The force vs the thread.

The idea is fine to me, it makes sense that people would use the same powers but have slightly different beliefs about it…

…but it was all done so terribly. Those kids were terrible, the dialog terrible… the actual depiction of the witches… terrible.

The scene with them all dressed up in purple robes chanting with the girls dressed in gold was just so corny. Terrible costuming and the way the witches were acting was just straight out of a kids TV show about witches or something.

IntentionalPun

The ending was also so nonsensical. They bother to make the entire 3rd episode a flashback / explanation and then the important bit they gloss over with that ridiculous fire scene and all the witches just dead.

Now we’ll wait for another flashback / explanation of what actually happened… if the storytelling / writing / characters were good I wouldn’t be annoyed at an episode where pretty much nothing happened and the story didn’t really go anywhere but unfortunately this isn’t good storytelling.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
The ending was also so nonsensical. They bother to make the entire 3rd episode a flashback / explanation and then the important bit they gloss over with that ridiculous fire scene and all the witches just dead.

Now we’ll wait for another flashback / explanation of what actually happened… if the storytelling / writing / characters were good I wouldn’t be annoyed at an episode where pretty much nothing happened and the story didn’t really go anywhere but unfortunately this isn’t good storytelling.

They def crafted this episode to string along viewers. Which sucks.

Toons

On that note, so that Nightsister / Witch created the twins Palpatine > Anakin style it seems. I wonder if Osha is going to be crazy powerful like Anakin was by the time this series wraps.

Palpatine didn't create anakin, he was directly created by the force. I believe the current understanding is the force saw what plagues was trying to do, and responded by conceiving him.

What these witches did seems more like midichlorian manipulation

Tieno

I didn't really get the big deal what's so abhorrent about ep 3, it might have flown over my head as I'm not a big star wars fan...I was like "this is it? it's not THAAT bad". However, I'm not a fan of this ep...the "power of one, two, many.." chant is so very awkward and unimaginative. It feels very half baked. I'm far away from calling this episode or the show anything good at the moment, it's very much in line with the rest of the star wars shows. Hope it picks up for the remaining episodes.

Ironbunny

I’ve exercised the power of one by not watching any of this.

I get that. I have disney+ for watching a great show like "The Bear" so I'm temped to gringe watch this some of the episodes of Acolyte. Its now more to a how low can they go then being exited of Star Wars.. Yea I know i'm part of the problem.
Scared On Fire GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Wasn't this the ep everyone was saying would shatter canon or something? There was no female force being here at all lmao. Whenever started that rumor on YouTube or whatnot is a confirmed clown.

Yup

Even IGN called out Film Threat for their BS:

They’re not technically a new thing – Star Wars: The Clone Wars cemented the existence of so-called Force witches in Star Wars canon via the Niightsisters, AKA the Witches of Dathomir as it turned Darth Maul into an actual character by exploring his origins, (and we’ve seen Nightsister Merrin in two Star Wars Jedi games). But even though we met Morgan Elsbeth on The Mandalorian and encountered her and a trio of additional live-action Nightsisters on Ahsoka, it’s likely that more casual Star Wars fans will still be surprised to hear the term “witches'' used in such a prevalent way in this galaxy.

Last edited:

Zathalus

Haven't watched episode 3 myself yet, but is the problem that the Nightsisters created the twins by using a Force ritual?

Top Bottom