• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The first video game I ever played: Ninja Mission on Atari ST. What was yours?

Sojiro

Earliest one I can remember was Kung Fu on the NES. I went over to a house whose parents were friends of my mom and their kids had an NES. Fell in love with video games that day.

I think it was Horace goes skiing on someones Sinclair ZX Spectrum.

gyp4HbK.png
I had this too. It was really hard (I was only 6) but it was the best game I had at the time.

farmerboy

Shinobi on the arcade cab in my dad's shop
Used to love wandering into a pizza place or video store or local convenience store (milkbar here in Australia) and play whatever they had there. Usually just the one cab, maybe two. Even the supermarket would have one sometimes. The golden age of gaming. What shop did your Dad have?

coastel

I don't play games. Momma said games are the devil.

Can't remember probably pong or space invaders or some shit as im old as fuck.

I can't remember which one was my very first game, before i had my first console I played on friends and family devices. Ataris, nes, segas etc. But my first owned game was the first spyro

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Hmmm...

PONG was my first game.
Horace goes Skiing my my first spectrum game
Commando was my first Commodore 64 game
Guild of Thieves was my first ST game
Blood Money was my first Amiga game
Super Shinobi was my first Megadrive game
Super Mario World (what else?!) was my first SNES game
Destruction Derby was my first PS1 game
Crazy Taxi was my first Dreamcast game
SSX was my first PS2 game
Halo was my first Xbox game
Hexic was my first 360 game
Resistance Fall of Man was my first PS3 game
Think first PC game was Prince of Persia - CGA graphics
First pc super VGA game was Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
First PS4 game was Assassins Creed Black Flag
First XBOX ONE was Ryse Son of Rome
PS5 was Astrobot thing
Series X I don't think I had a dedicated game was probably a backwards compat game...

Bored yet? Sorry!

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Asteroids at a neighbors house on the 2600. Soon after I had saved enough to buy an Gemini with mousetrap from consumers distributing. Proof you are old if you know what either of those are!

Times were so different, we just wandered the whole neighborhood like it was safe lol. Barely knew the kid who had the 2600, just piled into his house with a bunch of other random kids. Still remember smurfs and bc quest at someone else's house, although this kid I actually was friends with.

DaGwaphics

Killing ducks is wrong. 😜

Haha. Well, I am a really soft person in real life, especially when it comes to animals, so a real life duck I wouldn't kill. But a little digital duck isn't a problem for me.

But I hadn't realized your username, that's a good one. Completely missed what you were going for there at first.

It was something on Atari 2600, either Defender or Centipede or Joust.

The first game I clearly remember playing, and actually have a photo of playing, was Popeye on NES.

kubricks

My first game? Alley Cat.
That bright pink background and title theme is forever burnt into my head.
pz4yrGw.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom