• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gift of Gaming

This is my favorite time of the year, I absolutely love the christmas feel in the air, the lights, the family and friends time and so on. Im not a super active member in neogaf, but I lurk quite a lot (I come here almost everyday), so I love the community in here, very rarely do we have such a big community that is so nice to each other.

Short story time :

Last year, on my birthday, I opened a thread about how I was super excited about The Order release, and how I have been waiting so long for it because I had some credit store, but the store didnt get the game, which (with other events in my life at the time) left me somewhat sad (I know it may seem like a first world problem). Shortly after a few repplies, someone very special told me they would buy me a voucher so I could get the game digitally...This absolutely made my day, my year...not because I was getting the game I wanted to play so much, but because someone I didnt know, would gift me such an expensive gift with nothing in return. Im not used to this kind of gesture, so its very hard to explain how I felt at the time. Shortly after, we both got a message from a developer at Ready at Dawn.

This never left my head, how could a simple gesture, make me feel so blessed. So I decided to give someone else, the feeling I felt when someone did something for me.

I will give a user a 30€ game present on Steam/PSN (I dont have an xbox, so I dont know how could I gift someone) of his/her choice. I dont want to modbot this, so what I thought of doing is, to submit, simply reply with a story of the nicest gesture you've done/done to you/saw someone doing to someone and at the end Ill randomly pick someone.

Im not sure if the "deadline" should be on christmas or january first, what do you guys think?

Top Bottom