• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The homie Phillip W. Spencer III President of Microsoft Gaming says cloud gaming is up 50 percent year over year.

gokurho

If last year' share was 50%, this year it will be 75%
☁️🌧️🌨️⛅🌪️😶‍🌫️🌥️🌩️⛈️🌦️🌤️🌫️🌬️
Bother Mother Nature GIF by joonasjoonas

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It was A.

Showed what they had to show. Big games, small talk.

Only downside is the timing is late once again.

That's your opinion dude. No hate here, but 30% of the people in the GAF poll rated it a B too.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
huh spencer is balding, weird i always thought he has quite a volume of hair

LordCBH

This doesn’t surprise me. I’ve even done some on my phone with Gamepass while I’ve had to wait places.

El Muerto

Because most Xbox owners have a Series S and there isn't enough storage to download games. I know because i'm streaming Forza Horizon on my Series S in my wfh office and i dont want to delete anything to make 153gb of room in my internal storage and 512gb seagate card. I also have a 1tb expansion card for my Series X and it's still not enough. I dont understand why we can't get a M.2 adapter.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Mostly because it doesn't have a date. That is why their score line is low.

Do the reasons matter, so long as the final rating I or anyone else chose was a B?

If you thought it was a worth an A, good for you mate. Its a win for you and your tastes. And for just over half the voters in the poll it was an "A".

My point was only that as a third of the voters scored it same as me, it shows its not that "out there" as overall opinion of the show.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
This doesn’t surprise me. I’ve even done some on my phone with Gamepass while I’ve had to wait places.

I’ve been shocked by checking the Xbox Reddit how many of these kids are playing on XCloud. There’s a new thread every day bitching about wait times.

DavidGzz

Gamers have an infatuation with hairlines going by this thread and the chat of any streamer. Like an obsession lol. It's almost like 35% of men deal with some form of it.

I'm not surprised about cloud. It's actually a lot lower latency than it was months ago, and they worked some magic to where it isn't blocked by my workplace anti-gaming Nazi firewall.

SteadyEvo

It was a solid "B" showing, but legendary? GTFO.

What exactly was there to get so hyped about? A lot of sequels, a lot of expansions, and what was new had mostly been trailered multiple times already.
You’re describing gaming as a whole

StueyDuck

50% of 10 is 5...

I'm not against cloud gaming we just aren't there now, It's still very much a privileged alternative.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Poor Phil having to deal with this 'hip hop gamer' clown with his fucken chocolate watches and styrofoam bling. Like being trapped in an episode of Pimp My Ride.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I got 9 seconds into that video and turned it off. People who suck cooperate dick make me cringe.

It's still nowhere near good enough to replace local hardware. And I have 1GB fiber optic. We'll see in... hmm maybe 2040 or so.

Last edited:
It was a solid "B" showing, but legendary? GTFO.

What exactly was there to get so hyped about? A lot of sequels, a lot of expansions, and what was new had mostly been trailered multiple times already.
A lot of sequels? Are you serious with this?

I swear to God some people just literally cannot accept when something is good.

feynoob

Gold Member
That's your opinion dude. No hate here, but 30% of the people in the GAF poll rated it a B too.
"Release 📅"
That is the sour grape of the event. 2025 is too long.

That is main issue with that event. The presentation was great.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
A lot of sequels? Are you serious with this?

I swear to God some people just literally cannot accept when something is good.

B ranking *is* good. Its just not great or "legendary" which was the description I was disagreeing with!

And I stand by that.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Fail Just For Laughs GIF

But just like MTX, they will keep pushing and conditioning the new generations of gamers, and they won't ever know the wiser prior to their birth.

Up “50%” from what? 5?

Without context the percentage itself is meaningless.
Remember last year or so the France console sales were up 1400% for just one week(?).

But they only averaged like 200(?) or so consoles sold prior.

Or Japan was up 100% :pie_roffles:

Hallow victories, but big possitive PR I suppose.

Last edited:
B ranking *is* good. Its just not great or "legendary" which was the description I was disagreeing with!

And I stand by that.
I gave it a B, maybe B+ because the Fable segment had actual gameplay segments laced into it. Which they definitely could've not done for another year or so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom