• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The homie Phillip W. Spencer III President of Microsoft Gaming says cloud gaming is up 50 percent year over year.

It's still nowhere near good enough to replace local hardware. And I have 1GB fiber optic. We'll see in... hmm maybe 2040 or so.
It physically never can be as good as local hw. It just has to be good enough, which it already is for many games and less sensitive gamers. The proper netflix push just did not happen yet. The devs and platforms just have to make it more interesting for people that eg binge watch shows. Games have to become more easily digestable again. Shorter and with less convoluted controls, optional for anyone, but specifically for streaming offerings. The wii-crowd, that never converted to be real gamers, but could come back for some streaming, is imho the best target audience to grow it and they would appreciate the install free, instant access environment more than less lag and crisper visuals of a local console.

I believe the growth is there. I’ve started using Xbox cloud pretty regularly in certain circumstances.

Do I want to download Scorn and install it? Or, do I want to try it right now over the cloud and see if it is worth downloading and installing? I used the cloud.

Do I want to download a 100gig game to play for a few hours with a friend or do I want to just play the game with him over the cloud so I can avoid a 100 gig download for a game I probably won’t play much if he isn’t online?

Do I want to delete other games to free up hard drive space to try this game or try this game over the cloud?

Do I wait an hour to download or try it right now over the cloud?

Do I stay up late playing Xbox in the living room or finish up this level on my iPad over the cloud with my Xbox controller while lying in bed?

I’m bored while in the waiting room for the doctor. I’ll play a game or two over the cloud on my phone to kill some time. Much better than most mobile games!

I’m at my grandmaw’s with no Xbox. I can boot the gamepass app up on her Samsung smart tv and play Xbox with my nieces and nephews over the cloud.

I prefer downloading games, but I have been using the cloud more often. I don’t want cloud gaming to be the primary way I play, but it has its place. I believe that they are seeing growth. It’s just so much easier and practical in certain circumstances. But again, I never want it to be my primary way to play, but it does have some very useful qualities.

Last edited:
tenor.gif
Wtf happened there, was that a fan pissed off at the wrestler and trying to assault him?

reinking

Gold Member
Which one of you sad fucks signed up and raised the total count to 3 players?

I believe the growth is there. I’ve started using Xbox cloud pretty regularly in certain circumstances.

Do I want to download Scorn and install it? Or, do I want to try it right now over the cloud and see if it is worth downloading and installing? I used the cloud.

Do I want to download a 100gig game to play for a few hours with a friend or do I want to just play the game with him over the cloud so I can avoid a 100 gig download for a game I probably won’t play much if he isn’t online?

Do I want to delete other games to free up hard drive space to try this game or try this game over the cloud?

Do I wait an hour to download or try it right now over the cloud?

Do I stay up late playing Xbox in the living room or finish up this level on my iPad over the cloud with my Xbox controller while lying in bed?

I’m bored while in the waiting room for the doctor. I’ll play a game or two over the cloud on my phone to kill some time. Much better than most mobile games!

I’m at my grandmaw’s with no Xbox. I can boot the gamepass app up on her Samsung smart tv and play Xbox with my nieces and nephews over the cloud.

I prefer downloading games, but I have been using the cloud more often. I don’t want cloud gaming to be the primary way I play, but it has its place. I believe that they are seeing growth. It’s just so much easier and practical in certain circumstances. But again, I never want it to be my primary way to play, but it does have some very useful qualities.

😜

Top Bottom