• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Vire

Well... at least we won't have sub 20 framerate drops anymore. That bookstore scene was pretty spotty on PS3.

Andrew.

Banned
Clearly it will be the end of the world for some if this isnt 60 fuckin frames per second and I will enjoy the salty tears.

The game isnt tailor made to be 60fps. It's a slow burn, not some frenzied FPS or racer.

Cornbread78

S¡mon;107574995 said:
And it's not just PR speak. It's from Arne Meyer who works at Naughty Dog. 60 fps is real, folks.

giphy.gif

Time to dance if true!

ref

Hmm, if it's only 1080p, higher resolution character models, and improved lighting and shadows, there's absolutely no reason why it can't be 60 fps, I highly doubt those things can cause a dip to make it not a consistent 60 on the PS4 hardware.

If it's 30, it's a choice from the developers.

I hope there's more visual enhancements than just that though, I'd be alright with a significant visual overhaul at 30 fps.

I'm a little more cautious about a purchase if it's just what they mentioned at 30 fps.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm in since I never had a PS3 and had a chance to play it. People who already played it can wait for the price to drop I guess, it might go on sale within months like Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition anyways.

The frame rate isn't a big deal for me as long as it's relatively smooth. Can't wait to explore!

Vire

Haha so they were really lying last year when they kept shooting down claims of a ps4 port. That was... unnecessary?

Glad the game is coming, will not double dip as I never got it for ps3. Good things come for those who wait they say!

Not really unnecessary... they wanted the PS3 version to continue to sell rather than people wait for the ultimate PS4 edition.

Kinda sucks, but I'm not surprised.

Majanew

Banned
locked 30 would be more than enough for this. 60 would be a bonus

It aint some intense action packed racer, fighting, or shooter anyways.

Doesn't have to be. 60fps looks better than 30fps even in slower moving games. You can still see the judder 30fps causes when moving the camera, not to mention less input lag in the controls.

Yup, no one mentions it except the German blog. I'm pretty sure it will be 30.
I'm fine with it.

Having never played this game, one thing I kept hearing was really bad frame rate, and after playing AC4 on PS4 with locked 30FPS, I'm more then ok with a locked 30FPS experience

Kinyou

Is that a serious question? A shitload. Look at maxed out games on PC versus The Last of Us, or any other PS3 game for that matter. Or just look at Infamous: Second Son. The visuals are way better than anything on PS3. IQ on top-tier PS3 games is nowhere near how good they could be with everything maxed out.
But second son didn't get ported from last gen. Also is usually one of the biggest plus of PC versions that the game runs at 60FPS

Curufinwe

I read quite a lot about it having glitchy trophies on the PS3. That was one of the reasons I skipped it. Hopefully that's tidied up for the PS4 version.

CSX

Doesn't have to be. 60fps looks better than 30fps even in slower moving games. You can still see the judder 30fps causes when moving the camera, not to mention less input lag in the controls.

oh i agree. Like i said it would be a nice bonus. 60fps is always better. I guess i should have mention it gives a bigger advantage depending on what type of game it is. A game that is slower paced + more exploration focused benefits less than say some fast paced action/shooter where instant controls are key.

Dreez

Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Framerate: 60 fps source
Higher resolution character models
Improved shadows and lighting

Several other gameplay improvements
In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign

So worth it. Can't wait to see previews!!!

Obscured

Having missed the PS3 era, I'm excited for this because I've been hoping for some HD remastered 'best of' stuff coming. Think I'll wait on a firm release date before dropping the pre-order though.

And kudos to them for giving some incentive for the digital version, that is the kind of thing I'm hoping to see more of going forward (incentives, not necessarily just this specific kind.)

Did they improve the textures?

TLoU had some low res artwork/assets like the cars and other stuff that wasn`t that nice looking. So far i read nothing about improved textures.

Top Bottom