• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Magwik

Banned
The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Drugs, Hardcore 1080p60FPS Drugs
The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Naughty Dog Sells Hardcore Drugs

x-Lundz-x

Ok, I still need help. For those that played grounded difficulty on the PS3, how hard was it really when compared to survival?

I kinda want to experience the game with no hud because that just makes it seem like the immersion would be awesome. But if I'm going to die 20 times an hour I'm not too sure about that.

I consider myself a pretty good player, and usually always play on at least hard. For reference the Mass Effect games on Insanity were easy IMO.

^^^ Its really, really hard.

Edit: You found ME insanity easy? That changes everything....

I vote for this OT title - The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| You're welcome, 360 and Wii owners

Glassboy

I voted for 'Assume the Worst' because it's all we've been saying for ages.

Also, after weeks of deliberating whether to get it digital from the US store for that gib-filled multiplayer, I did it...

9z6hSWg.png

Anyone know how you download digital pre-orders? Do I just go back to that page on the day of release?
Yeah you can go back to that page or the library section of your ps4 or the download list section of the playstation store. Plenty of options :)

-griffy-

Banned
They used it in U3 on his desert outfit. Weird that its missing in TLOUR. its probably a small oversight.

Yeah, perhaps the day one patch restores the effect? Would be a bummer if it's gone, it's those type of little effects that end up adding a lot and make Naughty Dog games so special.

Donos

I vote for this OT title - The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| You're welcome, 360 and Wii owners

Nope. Played all ME titles on insantiy and i'm not a guy who often plays the hardest difficulty. But ME insanity is more a "hard". There are maybe 2 encounters in every part which are tricky but the rest is not that hard. That's the easiest "hardest" difficulty i have ever played.
I almost lost my hair on the CoD veteran diffulties or God of War.

sir_jachn

Neo Member
A cool sound effects detail I noticed:
In the prologue, when Sarah witnesses the explosion, you can hear the shockwave rattle the window frame around

I'm more often blown away by the audio direction of the game and the attention to detail. It seems mind boggling.

Andrew.

Banned

Count me in that party as well. It's not bad at all if you choose a Soldier class. Insanity on ME2 was a fuckin cakewalk, and super fun.

x-Lundz-x

Yeah, I mean when you start out it's a little tough but after a few hours it seemed like it was EZ mode.

Nope. Played all ME titles on insantiy and i'm not a guy who often plays the hardest difficulty. But ME insanity is more a "hard". There are maybe 2 encounters in every part which are tricky but the rest is not that hard. That's the easiest "hardest" difficulty i have ever played.
I almost lost my hair on the CoD veteran diffulties or God of War.

Never had any issues with CoD on veteran, the grenade spam pissed me off but that's about it. Now God of War on the other hand. If it's as hard as that shit I'm out, I'll just play Survival.

raindoc

i've got nothing to say, just wanted to show off my new avatar...

...but since I'm here: looking for a nice gaming headset to not get completely fucked on grounded difficulty. virtual 7.1 or 5.1. heard good things about Sony's "official" PS4 model, any suggestions?

Ok, I still need help. For those that played grounded difficulty on the PS3, how hard was it really when compared to survival?

I kinda want to experience the game with no hud because that just makes it seem like the immersion would be awesome. But if I'm going to die 20 times an hour I'm not too sure about that.

I consider myself a pretty good player, and usually always play on at least hard. For reference the Mass Effect games on Insanity were easy IMO.

I found it to be quite a bit tougher than survival. I'd say supply scarcity is about the same as survival, but there are far less checkpoints in grounded mode, so supply management is much more crucial. Enemies are also far more relentless in their pursuit of you, so if they are notified to your location, be prepared to be swarmed rather quickly. Bricks and bottles are your best friend.

0racle

Do we have an option in the remaster to
mute Sarah's squeals in the intro? Regardless of how many times I have seen that beginning segment I honestly get chocked up

daveo42

Banned
Yeah this makes sense too. Since they're using the cutscene models in realtime maybe it never had that effect.

Well, if the cloth effects are more accurate, then clothes don't really bend all the much anyway. I think in the PS3 version it was over accentuated to help relate the shifting textures as part of the body motion. I'm sure the new models actually portray cloth effects more realistically.

Do we have an option in the remaster to
mute Sarah's squeals in the intro? Regardless of how many times I have seen that beginning segment I honestly get chocked up

No,
I need a good cry from time to time.

x-Lundz-x

I found it to be quite a bit tougher than survival. I'd say supply scarcity is about the same as survival, but there are far less checkpoints in grounded mode, so supply management is much more crucial. Enemies are also far more relentless in their pursuit of you, so if they are notified to your location, be prepared to be swarmed rather quickly. Bricks and bottles are your best friend.

Ok cool, I'm thinking I am going to try try it out since I've already played the game. If it's too much I can obviously just turn it down a notch.

jediyoshi

The game automatically fades out the HUD during slower moments. I wouldn't suggest it if that's your only hold up.

I'm so looking forward to this I bought the Joel edition on PS3 but moved home in middle of game, upset everything and by the time I'd settled in I had a ps4 and no PS3 so damn I'm so excited. Not been this excited about a game since Wotlk expansion.

Top Bottom