• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

RedAssedApe

Banned
That's not what I'm even implying. I'm saying whoever's servers are running this game are shit and needs to be fixed.
But do we even know if Naughty Dog is hosting the servers? Or is it someone else?

Well haven't they been releasing several patches to the game? That would imply that its not a physical hardware issue no?

Interesting comments about open-matching. I was the only one in the game with full bars--- most people had 2-3 and some didn't have any light up. lol And the ones with the worst connections had the best score...

Oh, and I'm getting serious SOCOM vibes from this.

ThisOne

Just searched for a game for 15 minutes and never found one. It's a shame. I really loved the MP on this game for PS3 but I fear by the time they get these matchmaking problems fixed, the community will have moved on.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
*I can't have a fix MP character design. No ND I don't want to play a female randomly or a long haired creepy looking male. Let me pick one of your models to be permanently fixed to

imagine how all the girls who play video games must feel all the time

the lack of customization is pretty baffling

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Interesting comments about open-matching. I was the only one in the game with full bars--- most people had 2-3 and some didn't have any light up. lol And the ones with the worst connections had the best score...

Oh, and I'm getting serious SOCOM vibes from this.

I've had plenty of times where I know I hit an enemy with an arrow yet it doesn't register. I'm not sure if it is lag from me, the host, or the person I'm shooting at..... But it can be pretty darn frustrating at times. Though I usually just chalk it up to online gaming in general and move on.

madp0k

Someone mention earlier that if you can't get in a game as a party, change party leader, you'll be suprised how many times it will find a game almost straight away then.

So, what are everyone's favorite loadouts, weapons, perks, or classes? Share 'em with a noob to help me become better at this. One thing I have learned to appreciate is being patient. THEY. WILL. COME. I don't think I've ever seen a successful "Rambo" player online yet. Not like in CoD where you can be a lone wolf (which I'm accustomed to being) and completely decimate the opposing squad.
imagine how all the girls who play video games must feel all the time

the lack of customization is pretty baffling
I understand the sentiment, but it's not the same. They don't choose female characters who suddenly have men's voices.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
After spending almost 15 minutes looking for a fucking match, half of my team quits making it 2 vs 4 for like the entire match with no one late joining into our team.

I can't wait to be done with the hunter journey so I can never play this multiplayer with its broken and garbage matchmaking. Oh but wait, here's overpriced hats and an upcoming DLC map pack to segregate a "consolidated" player pool and increase lag - Naughty Dog.

impact

Banned
After spending almost 15 minutes looking for a fucking match, half of my team quits making it 2 vs 4 for like the entire match with no one late joining into our team.

I can't wait to be done with the hunter journey so I can never play this multilayer with its broken and garbage matchmaking. Oh but wait, here's overpriced hats and an upcoming DLC map pack to segregate a "consolidated" player pool and increase lag - Naughty Dog.

salt

Does the MM work right now? Not looking to waste my time on trying to play if the majority of the time is spent looking for a match

Gray Matter

what perks do you use, i love using the rifle but havent found a perk system that has worked great for the load-out

The most important is hawk eye 2 since it makes the enemies glow and you can see where their head is and what their movements are. Time your shot and boom, headshot. Besides that no other perk that you increase the chance of getting headshots.

lmbotiva

I've tried countless times to be good on this MP but man is so slow, so little bullets, but i love it, what's wrong with me?

I've tried countless times to be good on this MP but man is so slow, so little bullets, but i love it, what's wrong with me?

There's a fairly steep learning curve with trying to move fluidly through the maps, knowing the best most efficient loadouts, and learning general takedown tactics.. That's the biggest key. Being able to traverse the map quickly with constant knowledge of where the supply containers are, making as little noise as possible, and keeping track of enemy players as often as possible.

Also, you're most likely playing with a lot of PS3 veterans. I got addicted to the MP for a few weeks, but then I stopped for a month, came back, and everyone had suddenly gotten ridiculously good. Put it away after that.

Vitanimus

Any beginners tips? Besides learn the maps, don't run, and heal your teammates?

Tag enemies with R3. You'll get parts for marking them, and if someone else downs an enemy you marked. Although when marking enemies, your character will shout and make your presence known, so if you're wanting to stay hidden it's best not if it compromises your position.

The most important is hawk eye 2 since it makes the enemies glow and you can see where their head is and what their movements are. Time your shot and boom, headshot. Besides that no other perk that you increase the chance of getting headshots.

Also, if you're going up against better players/other snipers, you're gonna want to have Covert 3. Makes it easier to sneak and go head-to-head against other snipers. My sniper loadout is Hunting Rifle/Covert 3/Hawk Eye 2/Military Rifle. Sucks you can't put more skills in there, but it gets the job done.

Gray Matter

Also, if you're going up against better players/other snipers, you're gonna want to have Covert 3. Makes it easier to sneak and go head-to-head against other snipers. My sniper loadout is Hunting Rifle/Covert 3/Hawk Eye 2/Military Rifle. Sucks you can't put more skills in there, but it gets the job done.

That's doesn't make sense. What's the point of sneaking around if you have a sniper?

Stay in one place for as long as you can.

x-Lundz-x

ND if you are reading this thread you need to fix the matchmaking please. This is unacceptable. For a game this good and polished in single player this is a real sore spot. Especially considering the amount if games needed to play to earn the trophies...

ksdixon

anyone on PS4 or PS3 please add me, my psn is ksdixon.
i mostly play medic/support (reviver 2/first aid 2) and gifter (crafter 2).

I've missed a couple of game invites this week since my dad's had the TV, but I do want to get playing more soon.

Bashtee

Seems like there were 3 updates in the last couple of dates. .009 was where I got almost instant matches, now with .011 it's completly broken. Oh well, seems like ND is working hard on the problem. Hope they will be able to pinpoint the problem and fix it soon.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Current favorite loadout (until I get military sniper soon) is:

Revolver
----
Brawler 2
Covert Training 2
Agility 1
Executioner 2
-----
Double Barrel

very fun. very shiv.

ramuh

Had another fun nite with some GAFers. Saw two level 25s shooting/blowing each other up and healing. They didn't have one kill in Supply Raid but had around 6000 parts each. Ugh.

Mullah88

My main class:
Revolver
Covert training 2
Brawler 2
first aid training 2
Damage marker 1

My shiv, pass people off class:
Revolver
Brawler 2
Agility 2
Covert training 3
Explosion expert 1

Gator86

Seems like there were 3 updates in the last couple of dates. .009 was where I got almost instant matches, now with .011 it's completly broken. Oh well, seems like ND is working hard on the problem. Hope they will be able to pinpoint the problem and fix it soon.

It's somehow getting worse with each patch. Like you, my ability to find games has plummeted with the last couple updates.

Oh well, another two weeks until Diablo. Then it's goodbye Last of Us find match screen.

Vitanimus

My load out recently has been:

Enforcer
Crafter 2
Bomb expert 2
Explosion expert 2
First aid training 1

It's been working well so far, those hidden bomb downs are much easier when you have complimentary perks.

Footos22

It's somehow getting worse with each patch. Like you, my ability to find games has plummeted with the last couple updates.

Oh well, another two weeks until Diablo. Then it's goodbye Last of Us find match screen.

Had no problems at all until .011

now the only game mode i can find games in is interrogation.
I hate interrogation. Takes too long with all the supply farmers.

nelchaar

Man, I'm seeing a lot of people playing with a revolver/enforcer only and no rifle. I'm still new to the game, so can someone please enlighten me as to why that's better than a handgun + rifle combo?

Mullah88

Man, I'm seeing a lot of people playing with a revolver/enforcer only and no rifle. I'm still new to the game, so can someone please enlighten me as to why that's better than a handgun + rifle combo?

Upgrade the Revolver or enforcer and they'll become deadly.

mstevens

Is there really no easy way to pick the map you need? I'm going for the 5 kills in each map trophies and now that I'm only down to a couple, this is getting a little annoying. I finally got one of them but my team was a lot better than me and I only got a few kills and the rest assists.

All this teabag talk has got me thinking...

how much do you guys think the average teabagger would pay for a teabag taunt? Pull down your pants, hunch over your enemy, and pull out a newspaper.

Come on ND, easy money right there!

I prefer the enforcer because it has a faster rate of fire than a semi rifle. Seems to have less kickback too and is just as lethal.

Not only that but you tend to get more sidearm ammo off bodies etc. so you can stay pretty well stocked

foxdvd

finally getting some games in with my bud and the game is really something special.... if only the matchmaking was fixed. We have another 2 friends we could get to buy it in a second but we are afraid to recommend it only to sit in a lobby for 20 minutes looking for a game. Those that have been finding games I envy you.

mstevens

finally getting some games in with my bud and the game is really something special.... if only the matchmaking was fixed. We have another 2 friends we could get to buy it in a second but we are afraid to recommend it only to sit in a lobby for 20 minutes looking for a game. Those that have been finding games I envy you.

I hear this game has a pretty killer single player campaign to play while they're fixing things ;)

foxdvd

I hear this game has a pretty killer single player campaign to play while they're fixing things ;)

that is exactly what my friend said...but unfortunately one of our friends is on a short leash with the wife, and only has time to play MP with us, and not any sp game. When he gets on, he wants to spend it with his friends. The other friend I would not feel bad because he would dig the hell out of the sp...

Top Bottom