• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Strider

What you can lose all your people by failing one mission? I have 60 people and I'm on week 3 day 1.

Yes. I think there are 4 total weeks when you face 100% population risk if you don't complete the mission. Save the easy missions for those weeks. Stuff like downs, executions, are the easiest IMO.

foxdvd

What you can lose all your people by failing one mission? I have 60 people and I'm on week 3 day 1.

as already said, save the easy ones...I am going to save the Downs...executions...healing...downs with my weapon of choice...for the 4 100% fail weeks. I might even skip the healing and just do downs with another weapon...even if you suck, you should be able to get 3 downs in 3 games. (edit to add I would guess marking an enemy would actually be the easiest, though it takes more, I still think it only takes 6 or something over 3 missions)

Okay matchmaking seems to work fine for me when I'm solo in no parties.

Ibp57.gif

andycapps

Enforcer doesn't need a nerf. If you compare the Enforcer to something like the Revolver for example...

The Revolver is a 3 shot kill to body, or 2 shots if one is a headshot. The Enforcer is a 4 shot kill to body. 2 shots to the head, or one to the head/2 to the body.

To make up for the lower damage the Enforcer has more range and is more accurate, making it the better gun by a little bit. But the Enforcer also takes up a loadout point and the Revolver is free.

You guys really think the Enforcer is that much better than the Revolver + a perk like Sharp Ears or Strategist? Or that extra loadout point used for a tier 3 perk instead of a tier 2?

You make great points. I can't say I disagree at all.

todd360

Yes. I think there are 4 total weeks when you face 100% population risk if you don't complete the mission. Save the easy missions for those weeks. Stuff like downs, executions, are the easiest IMO.

as already said, save the easy ones...I am going to save the Downs...executions...healing...downs with my weapon of choice...for the 4 100% fail weeks. I might even skip the healing and just do downs with another weapon...even if you suck, you should be able to get 3 downs in 3 games. (edit to add I would guess marking an enemy would actually be the easiest, though it takes more, I still think it only takes 6 or something over 3 missions)

Holy crap. I had no idea there was 4 weeks with 100% fail risk. Definitely gonna save easy missions. I only need the two complete multiplayer story trophies to get the platinum.

Jinjo

I learned how to do "drag shots" with the hunting rifle today (I subconsciously did them before, but now I learned the principle). Sooooo gooooood.

Jinjo

Can you explain what drag shots is?

Sanchowest explains it nicely here. Basicly, you abuse auto-aim to hell and back. Line up the scope next/near the head. Flick the controlstick in a straight line toward the head and fire. The auto-aim will reliably aim/stick directly at the opponents head this way. Was headshotting people left, right and center up close and far away just now. Basicly, magic happens.

Grinchy

Banned
Sanchowest explains it nicely here. Basicly, you abuse auto-aim to hell and back. Line up the scope next/near the head. Flick the controlstick in a straight line toward the head and fire. The auto-aim will reliably aim/stick directly at the opponents head this way. Was headshotting people left, right and center up close and far away just now. Basicly, magic happens.

This is why I hate aim-assist in console shooters. People can talk shit about Shadow Fall all they want, but its complete lack of aim assist is its best feature. Gunplay is just so much better without it.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Holy crap. I had no idea there was 4 weeks with 100% fail risk. Definitely gonna save easy missions. I only need the two complete multiplayer story trophies to get the platinum.

5 Weeks.

Week 6 Day 1
Week 8 Day 2
Week 10 Day 3
Week 11 Day 6
Week 12 Day 4

Edit: Rabid-Coot ^

Spades

Just started playing TLoU (both SP and MP) for the first time this week. Is there a GAF clan I can join to help get in the swing of things?

Vitanimus

Just started playing TLoU (both SP and MP) for the first time this week. Is there a GAF clan I can join to help get in the swing of things?

Add your name to the spreadsheet in the OP and add a couple of people and play with GAF. I'm sure there's enough to give you advice as you play.

I am only on week three, and suck complete shit, but if that sounds good... add me : gaf name is PSN name.

Gonna be back on in 20 min or so.

Footos22

Is there any way to fail the healing missions? I completed it on the first day. If only I could pick them every time.

I only do healing missions.

usually end with over 100 heals after 3 days. helaing one person can take ticker up 8 or 9 points in some cases.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I only do healing missions.

usually end with over 100 heals after 3 days. helaing one person can take ticker up 8 or 9 points in some cases.
And I think first aid 2 is better than first aid 3 for these missions, as you get more heals (only 10 health per heal vs 20)

Gator86

This is why I hate aim-assist in console shooters. People can talk shit about Shadow Fall all they want, but its complete lack of aim assist is its best feature. Gunplay is just so much better without it.

I actually think they should tone down aim assist for sniping in all games. I mean, you're a mile from the fight and not even moving, you should at least have to aim. It's the only thing you're doing.

Those 100% Loss Events are scaaaaary. I think I have 2 to go.

Yet to use a Healing objective... Easy enough?

And I think I'll use Bow Downs for the other. 3 downs with anything is fairly simple.

Does anyone else not use Purchasable Weapons 95% of the time? I find they're far too circumstantial to justify, especially when you're forgoing a silencer and/or skill, etc.

Footos22

Hmm, can you do nothing but healing missions? Seems like the easiest way to avoid major casualties.

Ive done 3 in a row including survivor gain missions so i suppose so. Its definately the easiest.

the other easiest is gifitng when using crafter 3.

Im using healing 3 and crafter 3 all the time so misisons pose no extra challenge at all.
easily give away 7 or 8 gifts per match.

Alienous

Hmm, can you do nothing but healing missions? Seems like the easiest way to avoid major casualties.

You can't, but Healing is the easiest.

Downed Enemies isn't that difficult. Neither is Marking Targets. Gifting, at least in its first and second challenges, is trivial with Crafter 3. If you can play smart, the Shiv challenges are also easy.

The best strategy is to take the risks on difficult missions on the challenges that grow your clan by 10% max. Save Healing and Gifting for the lose 100% of your clan challenges.

Games lagging like crazy.

So we trade quick matching with not being able to actually play...

I figured this would happen. A lot of people seem to think the servers are getting hammered and that's why matchmaking is slow, but I actually think the player population is too low for the connection parameters they launched the game with. They've apparently widened that parameter, so now there will be laggier games.

They did the opposite on PS3. I used to get tons of disconnections, but around January I think it was, or maybe when the first DLC came out, they narrowed the parameter for better connections/smaller player pool. Ever since then, I had far fewer disconnections and laggy games on PS3.

I'm not sure which is better, honestly. IMO they should just consolidate the player pool by getting rid of "no parties" altogether and definitely NOT put the upcoming maps in their own list.

chaosaeon

The Revolver is a 3 shot kill to body, or 2 shots if one is a headshot. The Enforcer is a 4 shot kill to body. 2 shots to the head, or one to the head/2 to the body.

That's good, except the number of shots doesn't matter as much as it should when the enforcer has a faster rate of fire. 2 seconds to down = 2 seconds to down. It kills as fast as rifles and is very easy to use from almost negligible recoil.

Strider

That's good, except the number of shots doesn't matter as much as it should when the enforcer has a faster rate of fire. 2 seconds to down = 2 seconds to down. It kills as fast as rifles and is very easy to use from almost negligible recoil.

You took only half my post and used it as part of your argument.

I even mentioned that the Enforcer was better in my post... but I explained why even then it didn't deserve a nerf. You completely disregarded that.

ksdixon

I am loving this new loadout I've put together:
Enforcer, Damage Marker 1, Hawk Eyed 3, Scavenger 2, with 2 points left over that I can't decide what to put them into.

Damage Marker 1 marks people as you shoot them. So not only do you get the drop on an opponent, but you mark them for your team mates. Since I also run Hawk Eyed, the person glows for the whole team too. The act of not having to press R3 to mark the opponent is especially good for me, since R3 is also the camera, and a lot of the time I accidentally move the camera as I'm marking someone and by the time I've realigned it the person has ducked behind cover.

Hawk Eyed 3 makes the person glow instead of just having an arrow over their heads. This is especially helpful if the opponent does duck behind cover, as we can see if they are bandaging themselves, getting revived, reloading etc. Of course Hawk Eyed at Level 3 actually marks any opposing teammates who're stood near the guy you marked, so sometimes you are able to light-up the entire enemy team at once and all your team can see them.

Scavenger 2 makes me automatically pick-up the blue supplies that enemies drop when I down and execute them. I HATE having to pick these up manually, since sometimes they are thrown a fair way away from the downed body, even through walls so they're outside a building when you killed someone inside. It makes for stupid errors when you're hunting around for blue supplies, sometimes getting killed in teh process. Now I just run over to the dead body and I automatically pick them up. No need to even stop running.

All this not having to stop and mark, or stop and collect blue supplies, not having a massive recoil when shooting (revolver), and not having a gun with weak-ass damage (9mm pistol) allows me to be far more reactive, and I find I play much more aggressively.

My remaining 2 points I keep going back and forth on. Really anything works, I guess. At the moment I'm rocking SharpShooter 1. But if I had just two more loadout points I'd LOVE to put First Aid 2 on there so I could bandage my teamates.

chaosaeon

You took only half my post and used it as part of your argument.

I even mentioned that the Enforcer was better in my post... but I explained why even then it didn't deserve a nerf. You completely disregarded that.

I'm not disregarding it, I just wanted to elaborate my thoughts on that section of your post. feel like if it acts and downs like a rifle, it should cost like a rifle. Should probably be 2 loadout points. But now that change, or a nerf couldn't happen anyway because they've put themselves in a bad place since they made it cost real money and people would be angry if they changed it. One more bad point for paid weapons I guess.

andycapps

I'm getting in games a lot quicker now. Only downside was I just got thrown into matches where there were only 3 of us and we were down 19 to 7. And my teammates were sprinting everywhere.

Top Bottom