• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Amiibo Announced for 2017

Blues1990

While I know what the Wolf Link amiibo does, I missed out on what the other three figurines functionality is. Could someone fill me in?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
While I know what the Wolf Link amiibo does, I missed out on what the other three figurines functionality is. Could someone fill me in?
Gets you to give Nintendo money.

But seriously, probably something entirely uncompelling like refilling your arrows or giving your horse more stamina.

Illucio

Banned

I don't think they shared that info.

My guess is that the Amiibos usage in Twilight Princess HD will be more or less the same. :/

But yeah they are doing a pretty terrible job providing this info. But no let's talk about how Amiibo are made for 5 fucking minutes. Really wish Nintendo did a regular direct or press conference. I'm really getting tired of their shit.

Amiibo support completely ruins the game in my opinion.

Yes, please explain your thought process here. How does a completely optional feature ruin the game?

I have completely ignored Amiibos in most of the Wii U games I own and still enjoyed them throughly. How does it ruin the game? You can just pretend it doesn't exist if you want.

Already got a Link Amiibo and Wolf link Amiibo (and the wolf one was primarily for Midna), so I'll be skipping these.

Wolf Link actually being in the game is pretty neat though.

Gravidee

And here he is! Being shown atm.

UaByCOk.png

So it's like a Venom Link and D-Wolf type thing?

Zubz

Banned
Yep, an optional feature completely ruins a game.

It's a feature that they went out of their way to add, though. It's also interesting, and people will feel like they're game is lesser if they don't have it. It's a case of the "haves" and the "have nots." And although I liked Star Fox Zero's idea of having the Amiibo bonuses also be post-game unlocks, I doubt Wolf Link is going to be obtainable in-game at all.

Phu

Banned
I really dislike any amiibo with the giant plastic blobs jetting out of the stand. :/ I wish they'd just pick poses than could stand on their own since a lot of the cool dynamic poses are ruined by the plastic. Hooded Link looks great but whatever.

Also, Wolf Link is an interesting inclusion and I wonder if there will end up being other companion animals like that in the game. I mean, if there's a regular wolf in the game then the functionality of Wolf Link would still be there just without the exclusivity. Having animals buds makes sense considering "Breath of the Wild" and how there doesn't seem like there will be a ton of people in the game.

It's a feature that they went out of their way to add, though. It's also interesting, and people will feel like they're game is lesser if they don't have it. It's a case of the "haves" and the "have nots." And although I liked Star Fox Zero's idea of having the Amiibo bonuses also be post-game unlocks, I doubt Wolf Link is going to be obtainable in-game at all.

I don't think you're giving "people" enough credit to digest the info available and make a decision. I have no interest in a wolf companion, as to me it would probably ruin the atmosphere the game is going for. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Top Bottom