• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U no longer launching In 2015, will not be at E3 this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap!
rk2O1xU.png

Too bad that guy doesn't work for Ubisoft. He'd be promoted.

If it's not even at E3, I feel pretty confident that they're going to push it to their next system. That'd probably piss off a lot of people, although maybe they could still do a cross gen version like TP (rather they not though).

Ombala

I hope it wont be on WiiU at all now so we can forget about that console and just move on too the next Nintendo console insteed.

Honestly... This makes me actually suspect that they're moving platforms.

He keeps referring to it as The Legend of Zelda for Wii U in the video, so at the very least i'd expect it to still release on the Wii U like Twilight Princess released on the GC.

That sucks. Oh well, the game will be even better and more polished next year.

I hope they'll pull a Twilight Princess and launch Zelda U for the WiiU and NX next year.

Volotaire

The game not being at E3 is slightly worrisome, but hopefully Nintendo have a plethora of games to display. X or Animal Crossing U look to be the big titles this year.

Disappointing but not unexpected.

Hopefully Star Fox still releases this year, but I actually thought that was the one more likely to be delayed. So... :(

_woLf

Wow, no-showing E3 is pretty big after what we saw last year. I wonder if they took a huge step back to the drawing board after reading the reactions. (Female link pls?)

Splatoon in May, Yoshi Wooly World in June, Mario Maker in August, Star Fox in September, Unannounced HD remaster in October, and then Xenoblade X in November. Calling it now!

Chaplain

Mr. Aonuma, "As for games I’ve been interested in lately that were made by people outside of Nintendo, I guess one that stands out is Far Cry 4. I’ve long been interested in the Far Cry series and just had the chance to start playing this one, but I haven’t really seen all of the game yet so I’m just beginning to get into it."

I wonder if Mr. Aonuma's journey through Far Cry 4 has impacted his idea for Zelda's open-world mechanics and is the cause for the delay.

Just a theory of mine at this point.

WillyFive

Knew it.

Guess this E3 (and holiday season) will go to Star Fox, which I guess could indeed be finished first, which is weird because despite Miyamoto and Aonuma joking about which one might be finished first, Zelda actually had gameplay footage.

Discomurf

Well that sux. So one would assume this most likely means Holiday 2016.
Looking forward to playing the NX version with special features.

:/

Xemnas89

Such a shame but I don't think many of us are surprised. Still they could have at least given us some gameplay footage to hold us over for awhile.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Could be Xenoblade X.

I'm expecting Xenoblade X to be released during Fall as well, but it can't be alone. Isn't Nintendo working on other amiibo-focused titles? I suppose one of them will become an even bigger attraction for the Holidays (in terms of the promotion they're going to put in it).

Graphics overhaul, incoming! [/inmydreams]

I hope these "new" ideas are good ones. Guess it'll be a while before we hear anything more about this game.

emb

Sad, but I'm so glad they're doing this instead of releasing and then adding content patches or dlc later.

Looking forward to playing a great game, hopefully.

Hopefully it doesn't end up pushed back to NX or anything.

This must mean NX is not in 2016. They wouldn't release new hardware and a system seller for older hardware in the same year.

Nintendos next system fall 2017 confirmed.

cmChimera

This is pretty surprising. Especially that it's not being shown at E3. So, can I have a Twilight Princess HD to ease the pain?

AniHawk

i am not even sure that it means it's a 2016 game actually. i think it means it's an nx release title, whatever year that would slot into. i'm sure the amount of time and effort they're putting into it now basically ensures it won't be stuck as a wii u game for now and forever.
This must mean NX is not in 2016. They wouldn't release new hardware and a system seller for older hardware in the same year.

Nintendos next system fall 2017 confirmed.

did you forget about twilight princess?

Haunted

Not being on E3 is weeeeiiiird. Wonder what is happening.
There are a couple possible reads, from most optimistic to realistic pessimistic:

1. They're playing with so many new ideas that they don't want to give the public a wrong impression of the game.
  2. They're behind schedule and want to focus on development without the distraction of prepping footage/builds for E3.
  3. They've run into problems and aren't ready to share more.
  4. They're reworking it to make a WiiU/NX cross-release possible, Twilight Princess-style.

What all scenarios have in common is that the game is behind the internal schedule and there's still a lot of work to be done.

Mortemis

Banned
Won't even be at E3? Fuck. Nintendo better have something good during E3. Metroid?!?!
Lmao, no way.

Guess Zelda U will be the swan song for the wii u and it's port will be the grand opening for their next console.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wonder if the Retro Games title is much farther along than anybody previously thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom