• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Marvel Studios SDCC Panel - No Stakes, Plenty of Shawarma

Platy

XkBhOJp.jpg

djDzmcw.jpg

That looks like THE Super Skrull ... you know, the dude who fox owns

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, I don't know her backstory, but is there a reason why she'd be a hero in the 90s and not show up until post Infinity War? In space, maybe?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
18:10

"Loki has directed just about all his energies in narcissistic endeavours"

Comments(0)

18:10

Loki has been pretending to be Odin all that time.

Comments(0)

18:09

It has been four years since THE DARK WORLD.

4 years between Thor movies in the Marvel timeline

"As long as the actors learn their lines and are believable, that's all that matter. And most of these people did not learn their lines." - At least he's honest.

So, I don't know her backstory, but is there a reason why she'd be a hero in the 90s and not show up until post Infinity War?

She was probably in space, and didn't age.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s?

Hey, now Captain Marvel being Kamala Khan's idol could work in the MCU... just sayin'
Doubtful, the MCU has treated Iron Man as the first public knowledge superhero. Yes, there were Cap trading cards, but I suspect he was treated as fiction by the people at large and only Howard, Peggy, the Howling Commandos, etc, knew about him really existing.

mjc

If that is the Super Skrull, it's a bit odd that they'd fight for him over Silver Surfer/Galactus/Doom/the FF.

Skab

i swear to god if they let fox make a fucking Doom movie so they could use Kl'rt in captain marvel I WILL BE UPSET

Lmo911

How would that work, given that clearly no one in MCU seems to have heard of her and/or she was never brought up?

Easy. Carol Danvers the hero may not be known, but Carol Danvers the ace fighter pilot and possible astronaut who disappears mysteriously can be known. Kamala's head over heels for a modern day Amelia Earhart. And being that this is the internet age, maybe she stumbles onto some old SHIELD files that bring into question exactly what happened to her.

Even works for her origin. Just steal the Fantastic Four's getting powers from strange cosmic radiation.

Boom. Cakewalk.

mjc

i swear to god if they let fox make a fucking Doom movie so they could use Kl'rt in captain marvel I WILL BE UPSET

It's not a matter of Marvel letting Fox make a Doom movie, Fox has all the bargaining chips at their disposal in this case.

kirblar

Easy. Carol Danvers the hero may not be known, but Carol Danvers the ace fighter pilot and possible astronaut who disappears mysteriously can be known. Kamala's head over heels for a modern day Amelia Earhart. And being that this is the internet age, maybe she stumbles onto some old SHIELD files that bring into question exactly what happened to her.

Even works for her origin. Just steal the Fantastic Four's getting powers from strange cosmic radiation.

Boom. Cakewalk.
Carol as modern day Amelia is right in line w the initial reboot of her comic.

That would be backwards.

It would be Fox letting Marvel use Super Skrull in exchange for something.

If that's what happened.

It could be that our knowledge of who owns what when it comes to Skrulls is/was incomplete.

El Topo

No. Just no.

Depends. If Kl'rt's powers came from something other than the Fantastic Four, he could be easily be used. For example, if he stole tech that could give him the powers or an infinity stone, they could still use him so long as they call him Kl'rt and not Super Skrull without having to negotiate with Fox at all.

Top Bottom