• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

Also tell everyone not to randomly chop trees down until they have 5 apples.
If the town is hard up for food, we should try to avoid cutting the local trees at all. At the very least, we need to wait until they produce more than 5 apples each, or we're actually producing wood and 0 apples.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck! Ask questions on here if you need anything. I'm sure one of us will help :)

I don't even know where to start! I hope the tutorial gives me the info I need.

BTW, does the GAF town have a player limit? Like if there are 10 people in it, no one else can join?

Pachimari

So what is it actually about? Are we supposed to work together around this town that we need to maintain; power, wood and food? Why do we need to mine stuff? Besides getting coupons we can trade for tools and weapons?

It the maintenance of the town the ultimate goal of The Tomorrow Children? Just curious.

Fuck it. Since no one helped me with the email tags, here are the two spare codes I have for the US beta:

MPCG JCN6 DKQN

PAHL MTNR BLDC

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I think, that the email tags work like this [email to=put stuff here][/emailto]

I never get them to work though, so I didn't reply to you on that.

If the Town Hall gets enough metal deposited, the residence cap will go up.

Alright. I hope my comrades have done this!

Kalor

I wasn't able to play the other beta times so I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Is there any room left in GAF town? My Psn name is smalltroubl

I think, that the email tags work like this [email to=put stuff here][/emailto]

I never get them to work though, so I didn't reply to you on that.

Alright. I hope my comrades have done this!
When we got the town hall built last beta test, no one knew to deposit the metal inside it. So I hope we can get that this time. :)

On Demand

Banned
That was a misunderstanding - I was referring to materials for things like E3, TGS and that kind of thing.

I thought so. :(

Are you considering it at all? You could always do this-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1121596

I should clarify that I know nothing, and Dylan may have said too much. :p

During the alpha, an offhand comment by Dylan which I won't repeat for fear that I've gotten him in enough trouble already ;) led me to believe this wasn't planned to be a retail release on the scale of Bloodborne or inFamous. But that was just my guess, based on little, and it was during the alpha. It's pretty clear the scope has increased significantly from what was going on in the alpha, and I get the impression that was actually in response to the reception the alpha received, but I dunno how much it's actually increased, or where it currently sits.

I would suspect that if this game is getting a retail release, it'd be similar to the physical release for Quest for Booty; still a "standard" downloadable game, but bolstered by a physical release in digital-averse regions like EU, and maybe Japan? Anyway, I dunno if I'd get my hopes up for steelbooks or anything like that, since I'm not really sure that was ever planned originally.

Sorry, Dylan. Hope I didn't get you into any trouble. <3

Haha. It was the way you responded to HiVision that made me think that. A mistake on my part.

Sorry about that ya'll.

Stoze

If you can't connect, try using a different PSN profile. Have to go through the tutorial again, but it worked. Wish I would've tried this yesterday...

hydruxo

there is a bug, if you can't get in you might have to create a dummy account so it allocates you to a different stage, sorry!

I played for maybe 15 minutes during the first block on Thursday but yesterday and today I've been unable to connect to the servers after 20+ attempts. How are some people who have already played the beta still able to connect while I'm not able to? I get that it's a stress test but this is frustrating.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Chop down trees once I get to Gaffertown! GOT IT!

medze

Well I got through the tutorial but can't get into a game. Just goes back to title screen after the subway ride. Guess I'll give it a few more tries

Same as yesterday. Even with dummy account, completed tutorial and it disconnects after train sequence. Man, I feel like crap and this was like the only potentially good thing today, heh.

Top Bottom