• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The whole BBC Ghosts can be bought on Amazon

Krathoon

They got the complete BBC Ghosts out now on DVD. All five seasons.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CQ5JN9HT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It is a comedy tv show about this couple that inherits a house full of ghosts. She falls out of a window and hits her head and can see and hear them.

They have been showing the American version on tv for quite some time now.

Both shows have their own versions of Ghosts with one that is about the same.

Only the first two seasons are on Paramount+. The stingy bastards.

So, just buy the DVDs and get the whole damn thing. Yeesh. Pain in the ass.

Feel free to talk about BBC Ghosts, but use spoilers.

We can talk about American Ghosts too. Totally fine. Contrast and compare.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
The video thumbnail ain't helping either. I'm not clikcing that shit.

No wonder OP insists of spoiler tags.

YOu have to explain more what this is.

Krathoon

It is a comedy tv show about this couple that inherits a house full of ghosts. She falls out of a window and hits her head and can see and hear them.

They have been showing the American version on tv for quite some time now.

Both shows have their own versions of Ghosts with one that is about the same.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It's a simple family orientated comedy that's easy to watch with young kids, then the Americans made a version and filled it with sexual innuendos ffs

StueyDuck

I remember everyone saying this was hilarious and then finding it not that funny at all...

and British humour usually makes me laugh the most.

calistan

Gold Member
I remember seeing this and thinking why the hell are they putting a children's TV series on after 9pm. It's absolutely shit and unfunny.

Then it got renewed for a further series. I just thought it was another example of the BBC's creative bankruptcy (hello, Mrs Brown's Boys).

Then it got picked up for an American remake. What's going on? Surely the viewing figures are minimal.

Krathoon

The thing is Paramount+ only has the first two seasons for some dumb reason. The show is finished now.

Put the whole thing out there.

I don't know if they are afraid that people will find it better than the American version. The American version has gone off in a different direction.

Last edited:

mitch1971

Gold Member
BBC can fuck off. Praying on vunerable people forcing them to pay a licence fee for a fucking tv, taking them to court and even jail time because of a tv channel. BBC needs to die and quickly.

Last edited:

Krathoon

BBC can fuck off. Praying on vunerable people forcing them to pay a licence fee for a fucking tv, yaking them to court and even jail time because of a tv channel. BBC needs to die and quickly.
Oh yeah. You can't even watch their iPlayer with a VPN. It is obnoxious. I hate it when people region lock things.

Krathoon

Yes. The American Ghosts does have a better looking couple, but the couple in the British one are very British.

Krathoon

I do like how the American and British shows are really two different shows now.

They only have a few similarities.

They both could exist in the same universe.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I do not understand, it is incredibly over the top and has zero subtlety… the UK version is a lot better for my tastes.
They’re both great for different reasons. I feel the US version progresses the story better, and their sexual innuendos are top notch. The recent Poltergeist episode about jerking off onto a person as a form of jumping to different people was hilarious.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They’re both great for different reasons. I feel the US version progresses the story better, and their sexual innuendos are top notch. The recent Poltergeist episode about jerking off onto a person as a form of jumping to different people was hilarious.
Mmmh, sounds a bit too crass and excessive. Like the sexuality of some of the ghosts, flamboyant and screaming in your face in one and more subtle and indirect in the other…

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I am not going to make a joke about the thread title...

How You Doin Kiss GIF

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The over the top sexual innuendos in the American version where a right ballache, there was no need and some of them where right on the nose, for instance when a ghost moves on from this plane the fucking yanks call it getting sucked off FFS so it's all he got sucked off and she must've got sucked off etc and when watching with the kids the wife was throwing me eyeballs, it's a stupid kids show so keep it PG rated ffs..

Having said that it was still an enjoyable show, again I emphasize it's a kids show, no way would I watch this shite with just the wife, they also really lent into the gay relationship a bit more in the yank version over the subtly implied very British version, you Americans just can't do subtle can ye.. everything has to be spelt out

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
What's the underlying understanding or approach of said ghosts?

It's pretty fucking fundamental

Krathoon

Well, the Ghosts cannot leave the borders of the property. It is kind of cool when they try to cross a border. It spits them back out in the opposite direction.

Also, they can sit on chairs and sleep in beds and they don't know why.

They can only walk through walls. This becomes a problem if they fall down a hole.

Some ghosts have special powers like touching things, causing electrical disturbances, and odors.

Walking through a ghost is a painful experience for them.

Top Bottom