• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thor: Ragnarok |OT|

WhatNXt

Just got back from the theatre..

it's like we got two Guardians of the Galaxy films in the same year. In fact, I think this nailed the humour of those films better than GoTG2 did.

Reaaaaally minimal stinger teaser. Bit frustrating but I can't wait for more!

Jigolo

didn't realize it was out internationally. can anyone comment on the post credits scene? no need to spoil it i just want to know it it's a avengers 3 teaser

didn't realize it was out internationally. can anyone comment on the post credits scene? no need to spoil it i just want to know it it's a avengers 3 teaser

As Thor and the rest of the crew are leaving the planet, it shows a HUGE FUCKING SHIP right behind them at the end. Since I'm not a big fan of the story of the character I've no idea what that is, maybe Thano's ship?

As Thor and the rest of the crew are leaving the planet, it shows a HUGE FUCKING SHIP right behind them at the end. Since I'm not a big fan of the story of the character I've no idea what that is, maybe Thano's ship?

That's exactly who it is, and leads directly into the events in the IW trailer from CC

Jigolo

That's exactly who it is, and leads directly into the events in the IW trailer from CC

Thanks guys. I did catch the leaked trailer so it makes perfect sense.

Roge_NES

Had the chance to see it today, believe the HYPE! It definitely makes it to my top 5.

-GOTG 2
-GOTG
-Thor Ragnarok
-Civil War
-Winter Soldier

Kimawolf

Had the chance to see it today, believe the HYPE! It definitely makes it to my top 5.

-GOTG 2
-GOTG
-Thor Ragnarok
-Civil War
-Winter Soldier

Very nice, very nice indeed. I have a friend going to see it tonight. I hope she gives m some good details. So how do you think this will stack up against JL?

sono

I saw this on the weekend.

I have seen the other two.

I have some questions about this film that left me wanting

** warning ** these are spoilers if you havent seen the film

These came from nowhere as major discontinuities right at the start of the film
Did I miss something in the story somewhere :
1. Why had Odin left Asgard and was sulking in Norway, leaving his kingdom Asgard to Loki ????
2. Who was the magician who had total power over Thor the God of Thunder ???
(and I dont mean the actors name, I meant in legend or any sense of the introduction of this god controlling magician)

DonMigs85

1. Why had Odin left Asgard and was sulking in Norway, leaving his kingdom Asgard to Loki ????
(and I dont mean the actors name, I meant in legend or any sense of the introduction of this god controlling magician)

1. Loki took over at the end of Thor 2 remember? He cast a spell on Odin
2. Do you mean Doctor Strange? You didn't watch his movie?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This is a comedy first, action movie second. It's very very good.

Enjoyed the movie, it almost felt like a parody of the MCU in general.
An almost constant stream of jokes which also unfortunately made the serious dramatic moments lose their impact.

This is how i described it.
Its a comedy first then a Superhero movie.
It reaches a point of parody honestly, if it was for the expensive set pieces i would honestly think someone made a movie making fun of the MCU with characters not quite from the MCU.

If youve seen it you understand why its Thor not Thor and Hulk not Hulk of the MCU.

Mate you watched the other Thor movies you know Loki took over the throne and was masquerading as Odin a while back. (End of Thor Darkworld)

The sorcerer you speak of had an entire movie dedicated to him called Doctor Strange

autumnleaf said:
If Korg isn't in Infinity War I don't even want to watch it.

Korg is almost definitely in Infinity War....heck id imagine Infinity War starts not long after Ragnorok ends.

Heres to hoping the hype around the Warbound characters lets them show up as supporting from now on(wherever Hulk is going)[/quote]

RdN

I watched it last night.

Movie is fantastic.

The opening scene agains Surtur is fantastic, and one of my favorite action scenes of all Marvel movies. Amazing to see Thor kicking ass!

You guys in the US are in for a treat this coming weekend.

Seraphym

Managed to catch an IMAX showing, loved it. As a caveat, I enjoyed Thor and Dark World, not that this is similar. More Guardians in tone.
Thanks for clearing up the post credits scene
Enjoyed Hela,despite the limited screen time. Shame its one and done...

Slacker

Pondering this for the almost ten-year-old, can someone who has seen it explain this for me:
What is the comment involving masturbation/orgies?

Also is the violence on par with a Star Wars PG13 movie?

Kaze Kyou

Pondering this for the almost ten-year-old, can someone who has seen it explain this for me:
What is the comment involving masturbation/orgies?

Also is the violence on par with a Star Wars PG13 movie?

In regards to your question:
It’s a small line, where one of the characters talk about the purpose of the ship they stole.

The violence is not too bad for a ten-year old, (spoilers)
some rough deaths and injuries but no blood or gore

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
man...... don't know if I will be able to see this this weekend. Dying to though. Looks like the most fun movie of the MCU aside from maybe Ant-Man!

Code_Link

Loved it, had a blast. It's a HUGE departure from the usual Thor tone, but it works. Blanchett is, of course, fantastic, but my favorite surprise from the movie was Jeff Goldblum.

I loved it.
Saw it last night.

The action, the music, the comedy.

Best Thor film.
I really got a GotG vibe out of it, Which is a good thing in this case.

Best ending to a Marvel movie. My worry is that Infinity might fuck it up a little, but as it stands...superb.
I did think it took a while to settle in though, the 1st 15mins are definitely the worst part of the movie.

Donos

tickets for late night IMAX screening tomorrow are booked. Not going to be back before 2am and have to work next day but fuck it.

esel

Saw it last night, best time i had in movies this year, probably. Highly entertaining, top performances from everyone, Waititi hit this one out of the park.

isual

wathced it today.

solid movie.

8/10 for me. great laughs, and i like the black girl in the movie a lot.

Kimawolf

I was surprised when Fenris was able to pierce Hulk's skin. I think they're trying to show that Thor and Hulk aren't so invincible after all once Thanos rolls around.
well it is. Super powerful mystical wolf so it makes sense on that front. But yeah they wanted to show thor/hulk are not invincible.

NahaNago

I thought it was kinda meh. It had quite a few enjoyable scenes in it but overall I just wasn't feeling it. It kinda felt like they pretty much combined guardians of the galaxy and thor but left out the heart of what makes the guardians of the galaxy. Overall my issue i believe is that i just didn't care about the characters of the movie that much and oh yeah Hela was awesome and the rock guy was just slightly amusing. Another issue i had with the movie is everything always seems so far away the majority of the time i guess because of all of the cg. I seriously almost feel like you could swap the main characters of the movie with guardians of the galaxy people.

Laserdisk

Saw on Monday, and it may just be my favourite film in the MCU.
It just all worked for me and it felt like a unified vision.

Donos

Although i liked the humor in the other MCU movies, it was really fitting in this one. Right on point. Blanchet is just a marvel. That woman can play everything. Urban and his character was somehow a bit misplaced.

Overall that was pure entertainment at its finest. Chapeau.

just came out of the movie and this is honestly the most comical and fun movie I've seen whole year. when I saw
Matt Damon
playing Loki
in a stage play
, I know I'm in for a treat lol.

Doodis

just came out of the movie and this is honestly the most comical and fun movie I've seen whole year. when I saw
Matt Damon
playing Loki
in a stage play
, I know I'm in for a treat lol.

That was so amazing. I had to look up
who played Thor in the stage play and it was his brother. And Sam Neill as Odin of course.
This movie was great.

I'm definitely in the minority, but this movie bored the shit out of me. I thought I might like it because I thought the last Spiderman was pretty great, and figured this would be similar in tone. But, I don't know any of the characters or backstory, so much of it was lost on me.

I guess it's my own fault, since I've missed most of the Marvel movies. Still, even if I knew who any of these characters were, I'm not sure I would enjoy it much more. I think the nature of superheroes just doesn't interest me. I don't see the appeal in watching cartoons beat the hell out of eachother to no effect. Where's the drama when all of these characters are invincible and have no vulnerabilities? Batman is cool because he can be hurt, even killed, but all these Marvel dudes are unstoppable it seems.

Anyway, the audience seemed to love it, so I know I'm the weird one here.

Oh yeah, Goldblum was the best part of it for me. He's one of those rare actors like Christopher Walken that I could never get tired of watching.

Loved the movie!

When the first post credit scene came on the crowd had a collected "OHHHHH" moment. It was great.

The crowd had a good chuckle at seeing Matt Damon too.

sCHOCOLATE

Thor: Ragnarok, cameos Matt Damon as Loki.
Dogma, starred Matt Damon as Loki, opposite Ben Affleck as Bartleby.

Almost as good as Keaton acting as Vulture after portraying Birdman.

Top Bottom