• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three New Xbox Series X|S Consoles Coming Holiday 2024

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
200w.gif

BlackTron

Gold Member
That $600 model is insane considering the current hardware isn't doing great. Heck even the 1TB model should be lower now considering the consoles would 4 years old by the time these release. And its new SKU's cut down, with no disk drives.

I'm thinking they're releasing these in limited quantity just to upsell the current stock. Makes no sense and a bit baffling really.

Maybe it's conservative compared to plans they scrapped.

hinch7

Maybe it's conservative compared to plans they scrapped.
Probably why this wasn't a big announcement for them. Just like here, new Xbox in time for the Holidays. Some more hints for next gen. And them accelerating towards that instead of holding on with Series for a few more years.

Last edited:
"We care about game preservation... as long as it is download-only and we control everything."
and still no more BC for all the original Xbox/Xbox 360 games that are still stuck on those older consoles. If they cared for game preservation as they say then should be working on making the XSS/X consoles and future consoles fully BC for all generations of Xbox.

Sony and Nintendo should be too for their previous generations of their consoles/handhelds.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
50 bucks less for no disc drive? I thought this would be like 300 USD, because then you are locked in

The 2 TB collector edition seems designed by a galaxy brain that thinks it is PS5 odd/ugly look that is boosting its sales and decided to take their safe yet admittedly clean design and make it weird…
It has a design like industrial high durability floor mats

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Somehow they must have believed this showcase was going to have people running out to get the current version of the consoles now. Then when the games drop, the only choice will be these more expensive versions for those sitting on the fence.
Good luck with that.
Just two more inches of dust accumulating on the cardboard, while Xbox's sit in warehouses.

Last edited:

Drew1440

They might as well drop the internal optical drive and release an external drive, would be less confusing to the consumer and gives them the option to play physical games and BluRay moves later down the line without having to change the console.

BlackTron

Gold Member
Exactly my thoughts when I see a Playstation console for sale. Just why? What's the purpose

In a world where PS doesn't exist, in a vacuum, these consoles are pointless and add no value proposition where the current Xbox models are already out there.

But that's intentional. Limited edition, high prices. Just going through the motions while having already planned to move on.

MS with Series is where Nintendo was with Wii U. They continued to support it because it was their duty, but they weren't trying to move them anymore.

DavidGzz

Don't worry physical Xbox games are dead already. They aren't even stored anymore

You should worry only when Sony and Nintendo do the same

So, where is this happening? Cause this never happened in Illinois. I frequented Walmart in hopes of seeing some clearance sale but they never got rid of the physical games section. Certain countries?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So, where is this happening? Cause this never happened in Illinois. I frequented Walmart in hopes of seeing some clearance sale but they never got rid of the physical games section. Certain countries?
Various stores have them pulled, and I think they had the "only on Xbox" box covers pulled for games that are now going to be third party.

Everyone's favorite Jez seems to think the writing is on the wall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom