• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Titanfaru Standby" - Titanfall 2 sound mod replaces all the voices to be Japanese.

nicanica

I like the Japanese voices here, but I still think the English voices are better.

Not really sure why people are gushing over this in particular.

In Titanfall 1, I used to pretend that I was a pilot that had a busted titan that only spoke in German.

I called him Captain Mexico.

The cock pit shaking, red lights flashing and alerts going off while being yelled at in a foreign language.

Man I miss the language packs.

HonMirin

If you have the PS4 version, all you have to do is to change the PS4 system language to Japanese to have the game fully in Japanese iirc.
How am I only finding out about this now?

Ok, am reinstalling this and playing in Japanese mode!

Unrelated, but is there a reason TF hasn't been retrofitted for a VR mode? It looks like it would work really well for the mech stuff (I've never played or seen much footage of this game other than the webms in the OP)

Also I hate webm. They never play in Safari or on the iPhone :I

Unrelated, but is there a reason TF hasn't been retrofitted for a VR mode? It looks like it would work really well for the mech stuff (I've never played or seen much footage of this game other than the webms in the OP)

You would probably puke chunks from that speed.

If a japanese game is coming out without the japanese voice track, you get a lot of people here basically saying "Who gives a shit about the JP VA?" but a western game gets the japanese dub and everyone is gushing over it. I know it's probably not the same people but it's pretty weird, lol.

Bombless

Would be killer if we could switch at least subtitles in the options or whatever...and I also just finished the campaign.....This makes me want to redo it all over again.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, posted this in the OT. For Origin, you need to replace the files because the language setting doesn't appear to be there.

For console though, PS4 or Xbox, you have to change your system's language. It's a shame that we can't just select Japanese voices.

Izuna

Banned
You can just do this - change language on your console or in Origin. And yes, it's rad :)

hmm? I don't think you can in Origin, there's no selection for it. I seem to have the choice for every but japanese...

PphbZTp.png

---

also OP, I don't think that's where the credit is due, the person who made the Tone is Fine video posted about this first...

edit: nvm same dude lmao

LiK

Yeah, posted this in the OT. For Origin, you need to replace the files because the language setting doesn't appear to be there.

For console though, PS4 or Xbox, you have to change your system's language. It's a shame that we can't just select Japanese voices.

what a pain in the ass. just let people choose.

Izuna

Banned
what a pain in the ass. just let people choose.

We still can't remove film grain so...

one step at a time

ejection.

Didn't this already happen with Splatoon?

Edit: Watching this video each time the game is started is recommended for the full weeb experience:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_TMmJgHJi4E

lmao this is excellent but where is that kono bangumi wa goran no suponsaa no teikyou de okurishimasu at the end?

The English voices are great, but after so many hours of mecha anime, the Japanese ones just fit extremely well.

no doubt, as I said before, I need my Japanese OS voice for MP

You can just do this - change language on your console or in Origin. And yes, it's rad :)

Actually on PC Japanese language is exclusive to the JP version. Origin locks languages out of certain versions, like the Chinese version only have access to English and Traditional Chinese, the global version doesn't have access to Japanese etc.

Guys changing the system language works for quite a few games, for multiple languages. I can't remember which games but I changed my ps4 to Chinese a few times for my gf.

Someone should do some research and post a thread about the fact that this is possible and list what games it can be done one.

Not me though

Izuna

Banned
Guys changing the system language works for quite a few games, for multiple languages. I can't remember which games but I changed my ps4 to Chinese a few times for my gf.

Someone should do some research and post a thread about the fact that this is possible and list what games it can be done one.

Not me though

Basically, every game that has released in multiple regions. You actually download all these language files, which is one reason why games are so freaking huge these days.

Shengar

I like the Japanese voices here, but I still think the English voices are better.

Not really sure why people are gushing over this in particular.

People have been conditioned to think Japan=Mecha due to how the majority of mecha animated series comes from there, so I imagined Titanfall with Japanese dub makes many people reminded of those times.

Top Bottom