• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To date, players spend lesser money buying games on PS5 than PS4, but content add-on spending increases by 176%

FUBARx89

Yeah. Well. I don't wanna take a chance on a £70 turd and alot of shite games come out.

Still not getting no MTX cash off me though.

Red5

GAAS will be the death of creativity in the industry, every company chasing the golden goose making their own Call of Duty or Fortnite clone.

Wish video games would go back being the hobby of geeks and nerds when selling 500,000 copies was an achievement.

Nothing surprising to see here. It's driven by Gen Z and Alpha just playing FIFA, COD, GTA, NBA and Fortnite.

That's literally all they play.

Killjoy-NL

Hold on... games take longer to make. There are fewer games being released each year. And they cost more than they ever did....

And people can't see the connection?

We can't be complaining about how long games take to make and how there aren't that many games released... then at the same time be saying there is a trend to buy fewer games when there is nothing to buy.
That's where Gaas comes into play, because development cycles aren't going to get significantly short.

If there are less games, one would assume it'd be best to have a go-to game in between releases.

Content add-on spending shows that as well.

Now, people can keep whining about things that aren't going to change, or get that stick out of their asses and get with the times.
To each their own.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Gen Z is just going to cook this hobby man

Millennials and Gen Z "Government needs to step in. I can't afford a house!"

Then we have data like this. Isn't the new thing also spending at least $150 per date now too? We really need to teach spending control in school.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Join the large community of patient gamers, GAF. You'll have a much better experience.

The release:

r5imd2qugsd61.png

The real release:

does-anyone-know-how-re8-gold-editon-is-gonna-work-am-i-v0-47m06faupl791.jpg

If you can't support capcom day one than let this industry crash already.

Fabieter

Millennials and Gen Z "Government needs to step in. I can't afford a house!"

Then we have data like this. Isn't the new thing also spending at least $150 per date now too? We really need to teach spending control in school.

I agree that the younger generation is changing the hobby for the worse, at least for some of us. However, the first sentence is factually false previous generations had it much easier to build wealth of all kinds. These people often think they earned it, but they were lucky to be born at the right time.

Top Bottom