• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Administration Considers 6B Cut To HUD Budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.da07f0c42d50
The Trump administration has considered more than $6 billion in cuts at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, according to preliminary budget documents obtained by The Washington Post. The plan would squeeze public housing support and end most federally funded community development grants, which provide services such as meal assistance and cleaning up abandoned properties in low-income neighborhoods.

It’s the latest evidence that the administration is following through on President Trump’s goal to cut domestic spending by $54 billion to bolster the defense budget. HUD’s budget would shrink by about 14 percent to $40.5 billion in fiscal 2018, which begins in October.

HUD Secretary Ben Carson has taken a staunchly conservative stance on public assistance in the past, saying dependency on HUD programs could become “a way of life” for recipients. While suggesting significant cuts, the preliminary budget maintains the same level of funding to rental assistance programs and avoids reductions that could directly put families on the streets. Instead, it targets funding for building maintenance and community development projects, although HUD recommends in the budget document that those projects receive funding from another source.

Slayven

Setting the black guy up to fail, well he would have failed either way.

Everyone can just stay in Trump Bran Apartments

it targets funding for building maintenance and community development projects,

Get genetrifed if you don't want want rats in your house

Shadybiz

Well at least they appear to be leaving rental assistance alone, but still...what a bunch of evil motherfuckers.

Somnid

Cut money to poor people so we have more money to bomb poorer people. Though to be fair to Trump this is hardly new or partisan.

tbm24

I fell more offended by this being to bolster defense spending than if this was to pay for his stupid wall.

Apathy

Carson probably has no issue with his department getting gutted, he seems like the kind of guy that wants HUD to fail anyway.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Trump needs that 6B for the military. Hookers and blow for every man and woman in the army. Gonna need to keep them happy when he tries to overthrow the government and install a dictatorship.

Whompa02

So intentionally cripple our nation bit by bit and then what? Force a war economy? Build a shitty wall? The fuck is he planning?

Cool...thanks Trump...

He meant by arresting all the minorities. Or letting them die. Whichever.

Yeah, plenty of Trump voters would have complained about him the way they did about Hillary if they actually believed he would lift a finger to help anyone who isn't white and straight.

Shocking. The pilfering of every single quality of life function begins.

So intentionally cripple our nation bit by bit and then what? Force a war economy? Build a shitty wall? The fuck is he planning?

Cool...thanks Trump...

Did someone say WAR ECONOMY?

sNGKfGW.gif

Apt101

MAGA...... by stripping all social systems and education in favor of building a useless wall and bolstering a military that is already the most funded and powerful in the history of the world.

Thanks a lot Trump voters. Soon you won't have healthcare, your chidlrens' education will suck, your jobs will still be automated or sent overseas, your Internet will have abusive caps and you'll be forced to use ISP-owned media rather than your choice, if you;re gay you'lll likely lose some rights, but hey..... uhm..... you "won" an election, I guess?

kswiston

I guess 94% of black women knew the correct answer to Trump's "what do you have to lose?" lip-service that passed as his attempt to win black votes.

He fell for the old corporate trick of hiring a woman/black CEO to a company everyone sold their company supplied stocks in

Link

The Autumn Wind
Carson probably has no issue with his department getting gutted, he seems like the kind of guy that wants HUD to fail anyway.
None of Trump's Secretaries having to do with social services would lose any sleep if their departments were shattered. More than likely, they're lobbying for that behind the scenes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This fucker would order mass killings of the poor if he could. All to get more money for the wall and the military, both of which are products of massive overcompensation on his part.

But he knows he can't actually shoot the poor, so he'll just deprive them of basic needs and hope that they conveniently die off.

Fuck this guy.

I just don't understand the need for more military spending. We already spend the most in the world. I think we will be okay from attacks GOP.

They really just want to fuck over the poor.

Guys we will have an amazing Military though! The poor should be happy that their safety nets are being given to the armed forces. Now everyone can feel protected from that imaginary enemy.

kswiston

Guys we will have an amazing Military though! The poor should be happy that their safety nets are being given to the armed forces. Now everyone can feel protected from that imaginary enemy.

All the best countries in history had awesome militaries and starving masses.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I wonder if this would affect Section 8 housing...

That's the only way my mom can afford her apartment in NYC on Social Security :/

MarionCB

Trump will be a War President. They probably already have it all laid out. First they have to do all the unpopular domestic stuff though.

Lucreto

Instead of taking HUD money how about doing a full audit of military spending.

As this stage it's just being thrown into a black hole. I am sure he would find savings to build his wall and probably build one around the Canadian Border as well.

Lo-Volt

...which provide services such as... cleaning up abandoned properties in low-income neighborhoods.

If they don't see any value in even that, I don't know what to say. It's more than a little insulting to see the hometown president go out of his way to send his old neighbors back into an era of blight.

Instead of taking HUD money how about doing a full audit of military spending.

As this stage it's just being thrown into a black hole. I am sure he would find savings to build his wall and probably build one around the Canadian Border as well.

That would only work if people would stop thinking that the military can do no wrong. Right now it seems like criticizing the military is equal to making it weaker or not caring about national security.

sangreal

If they don't see any value in even that, I don't know what to say. It's more than a little insulting to see the hometown president go out of his way to send his old neighbors back into an era of blight.

of course they don't see any value in that. it's cleaning up abandoned properties in low-income neighborhoods, not rich neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom