• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Administration Considers 6B Cut To HUD Budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paltheos

I fell more offended by this being to bolster defense spending than if this was to pay for his stupid wall.

I've never understood this either. We spend so much on defense. Why pump more money into it? What are we so afraid of that we distribute so much of our national budget to fending off?

sangreal

I've never understood this either. We spend so much on defense. Why pump more money into it? What are we so afraid of that we distribute so much of our national budget to fending off?

it has always been ironic that the party known for its machismo lives in a state of perpetual fear

Oh I see.

Since the draft can't be brought back, the government is simply going to take funding away from everything that isn't related to defense.

When there's nothing left, people (unless they're born into rich families) will be forced to join the military if they want to survive.

Should just be honest and change the GOP motto to 'Fuck the poor'.

EroeKU7.jpg

Ponn

Banned
HUD Secretary Ben Carson has taken a staunchly conservative stance on public assistance in the past, saying dependency on HUD programs could become “a way of life” for recipients.

Yea, why can't those damn poors find their bootstraps and become rich like everyone else.

defense spending goes to military contractors which is spread out by congress to favored districts for military projects, essentially money going to mostly republican districts.

HUD spending goes to poor areas who mostly vote democrat.

follow the money on any budget decision and you usually figure out quickly why its happening.

LifEndz

Just cartoonish levels of evil. Fuck the environment and fuck the poor, but tax breaks for the rich. Truly disgusting.

defense spending goes to military contractors which is spread out by congress to favored districts for military projects, essentially money going to mostly republican districts.

follow the money on any budget decision and you usually figure out quickly why its happening.

Nuff said. People will make arguments that sound ideological, fiscal or even moral… But in the end, it's just politics.

i mean the cut probably make sense. why pay to fix something that's about to destroy itself. when they redirect the money somewhere else.

Koomaster

The plan so far seems to be to just tear everything down in the country and start from scratch - beginning with the wall. Then I guess everything else just falls into place afterwards?

Christian

Stupid poor people. If you want housing, you shouldn't buy that newest iPhone. Or get health insurance. Then maybe you'd be able to afford a place to live.

LosDaddie

Banned

Great post.

Politics as usual

Metal Gear Solid 2 coming true was fucked up enough as is. If fucking MGS4 and Revengeance ends up being accurate reflections of the world then we know the simulation is broken and needs to be rebooted.

I don't know. At least in Revengeance practically everyone has awesome cybernetic limbs and can run up walls.

Our future is just going to be a dystopian warmachine, but without any of the cool stuff..

Stuff like this is why fools like Jim Brown and Ray Lewis, and Martin Luther King Jr's son should have never met with Trump in the first place. All it does is reinforce that they were used as a props to further trumps agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom