• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Advancing Keystone, Dakota Oil Pipelines Today, Source Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
What would happen if Trump orders that any protesters at Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines be made to leave by any means necessary?

Law enforcement gets to have some fun with their toys. We're talking about a president who has praised the 'strength' of the way the Chinese government handled the Tiananmen Square protests. If we don't have at least one instance of protestors being mowed down in the near future, we'll be pretty lucky.

zethren

Banned
I fully expect live fire approval from the Trump admin when the protests start again. They will be the first dead under America's new authoritarian government.

If they want to deal with an armed protest in response, because that's what would happen after that. Lots of people would not stand for that.

Lothars

They should be heavily transitioning into renewables anyway. Alberta puts too many eggs in one basket
Exactly

Thank you trump.

From canada
No it's Fuck you Trump from Canada, Anything Trump is doing isn't going to benefit Canada in a substantial way. Trump needs to be sent to the moon or something, Anyone in Canada that supports Trump should be ashamed of themselves.

PopeReal

Just a quick reminder that white armed terrorists took over a federal building and land here in Oregon and were let off. The jury decided they were not guilty because there was not enough evidence to show that they stopped workers from doing their jobs. Despite the fact that they were all forced out for weeks.

America.

pantsmith

Just a quick reminder that white armed terrorists took over a federal building and land here in Oregon and were let off. The jury decided they were not guilty because there was not enough evidence to show that they stopped workers from doing their jobs. Despite the fact that they were all forced out for weeks.

America.

Uh theres way more to it then that.

I dont have exact numbers at hand (on mobile) but allegedly a large percentage of the group was undercover FBI informants and were ultimately considered complicit in instigating events further.

The case against the occupiers was diminished because it became ridiculous and exacerbated by law enforcement.

Exactly

No it's Fuck you Trump from Canada, Anything Trump is doing isn't going to benefit Canada in a substantial way. Trump needs to be sent to the moon or something, Anyone in Canada that supports Trump should be ashamed of themselves.

kevin_wine_by_fire.gif

He's a spiteful fuck who will do absolutely everything in his power to reverse any progress made under Obama. He doesn't actually believe in anything except his own ego. This is already terrifying and it's only been days since he's been in power. I am fortunate to be in a position where stuff like this doesn't affect me that much, but I am in sheer horror for women, minorities, people in poverty... Trump's policies are going to cause so many unnecessary deaths.

I just saw this on the TV at work and lost my shit. I can't believe this guy is our President. This pisses me off so much. I already told my boss last month that I'm packing shit up and heading out to protest if this comes back.

My point exactly. He should be shot into the moon as well but ideally he won't win the leadership race but if he does I would be concerned of him winning to because of how stupid people are.

Canada's faith is now in the hands of card carrying CPC members,
hopefully he will lose in Round 2 of the leadership

mdubs

Banned
Thank you trump.

From canada

Although this might help Alberta out Trump will probably do 50 billion other things that will hurt us even worse so we'll most likely come out behind in the aggregate.

Plus you know, blowing up the environment sucks too

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Anti gunners trying to use guns. That wont be a catastrophy at all.
Half the reason most pro gun people own then its to defend against government overreach. If those guys were ever gonna be able to stand up, defend others and get to say "I told you so!" it would be then.

I fully expect live fire approval from the Trump admin when the protests start again. They will be the first dead under America's new authoritarian government.

Wouldn't it be more likely they'll just use the new criminal charges they're adding to disruptive protests instead?

I know that what's in the linked thread isn't perfectly related, but it shows how things like this might be handled in the future.

SeanC

Trump never really proved he sold his shares in the oil companies behind this shit. Just made a statement (and probably had a pile of empty manilla folders to prove it.)

Seeing as he's so rushing to ok it, makes me wonder...

Garlador

The more Sanders speaks the less important he seems as a figurehead to anything. I don't know what it is, he feels more and more like a regular politician and nothing he says seems to carry weight.

As opposed to the rest of the politicians, who do nothing and remain silent...

I'll stick with Bernie over them any day of the week.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
The more Sanders speaks the less important he seems as a figurehead to anything. I don't know what it is, he feels more and more like a regular politician and nothing he says seems to carry weight.

I think it's more likely that you're just seeing what you've always wanted to see. If not Bernie Sanders, then who the hell is the principled, visible progressive figurehead on the national scene?

TaterTots

Banned
So far, Trump is doing everything he promised with haste. Just remember, people voted for him based off those promises, so there are a lot of people happy about all of this.

Nuva

Neo Member

Its that kind of thinking that robbed Bernie of any influential position.

Though that and the DMC's commitment in insuring that this country run stagnant at the thought of electing Hilary Clinton.

He is still the leading voice of reason and he's clearly doing his best with what little power he has.

Garlador

So far, Trump is doing everything he promised with haste. Just remember, people voted for him based off those promises, so there are a lot of people happy about all of this.

Let me know when he jails Hillary, builds the wall and makes Mexico pay for it, and shows us his tax returns now that he's president.

sasliquid

I had a whole thing to say about this impacts everyone and we will all suffer even us not in America

But really just Fuck trump

pr0cs

Great news, this is from someone working in the pipelines industry.
Ridiculous that the process thus far was drowning in red tape. Maybe people can finally get back to work and provide for their families

Beefy

Great news, this is from someone working in the pipelines industry.
Ridiculous that the process thus far was drowning in red tape. Maybe people can finally get back to work and provide for their families

How about the native americans? Fuck them right?

Flux

Can it be vetoed by Trudeau and the Canadian side? Outside of the oil industry (shareholders) this helps no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom