• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump planning to sneak into UK to avoid large-scale protests

chadskin

Ministers are on the alert for a flying visit to Britain by Donald Trump this month.

Senior government officials say they expect the American president to make an unscheduled stop at his Aberdeenshire golf course as part of his trip to Europe to attend France’s Bastille Day celebrations on July 14.

Theresa May’s team are on standby for Trump to visit Downing Street as well. It is understood that any visit would be confirmed only 24 hours in advance so anti-Trump protesters did not have time to disrupt his visit.

A source close to the White House said: "There is a window of opportunity for the president to visit Britain when he is in Europe later this month. It is likely it will be hastily arranged and it is possible no official confirmation of his arrival will be given until at least 24 hours before to stop any large-scale protest against his visit from being mobilized.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/theresa-mays-team-on-standby-for-visit-by-donald-trump-5p0z8grgl

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I hope people can get something together in a short time so they can give him hell anyways.

Dabanton

Hahah a sitting US president sneaking into the UK. Don't worry we'll have oodles of footage of this idiot getting booed

bionic77

He is such a caricature of a 80s movie villain.

Must be a fucking glitch in the simulation. I hope the people running the program can iron it out.

theWB27

It's amazing how someone so hung up on how people see him can't wrap their head around doing the ish that would make more people like him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Last time he tried this:

7IvksmH.jpg

We're counting on you guys to protest the ever living fuck out of him when he shows up, block his motorcade, do whatever man

Embarrass this clown

Amalthea

Banned
I hope Macron will have them doing a live re-enactment of Luis XVI's guillotining during Bastille Day. Maybe with a little swipe at how some rulers prefer their hobbies like golfing or locksmithing over politics.

Mask

Like we wouldn't be there in fucking seconds, he's not escaping any protests, we don't want him here full-stop.

That golf course would be the worst place for him to stop too, people have no love for his shite course. He'd be getting swarmed before he could even drag his wobbly orange ass out of that car.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Even if it's just that one Scottish woman with her 'Trump is a cunt' sign I'll be happy.

Hahahah he thinks we can't organize a protest in 24 hours

fuckin minutes mate

Yeah; in the age of social media I expect at the very least a rudimentary protest can be organised within hours if it's a subject people are passionate about.

Smart move to do it before summer break. All the protestors will be in class.

?? You assume the majority of protesters would be college or university-aged?

Binabik15

Tiny handed wuss that likes to talk big to hide his cowardice. So presidential.

UK Gaf, do us proud and use the opportunity to boo this assclown and May at the same time. Two wannabe authoritarians for the price of one!

Alienous

I'd bet that he just dismisses the protests as 'haters'.

Like, you shouldn't have to do this when you're a President visiting an allied nation, Donald. Something's going wrong.

Get em boys. I expect you guys to do a good job and protest the shit out of this pussy. This guy is such an embarrassment to my country.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He thinks we can't form a protest in 24 hours? I'm British, I get deported if I don't have a quiet grumble every 24 seconds!

Top Bottom