• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he didn't offer condolences to Mexico because of bad cell phone reception

EDIT: To be clear, he's referring to the President Of Mexico's cell phone.

This is after Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the call was scheduled two days ago.

wGuLeeB.jpg

Two days prior...

The Hill said:
The White House announced Tuesday that President Trump had plans to call Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto to express condolences over the earthquake that shook southern Mexico last week.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked by a reporter why Trump hadn't called Peña Nieto after an 8.2 magnitude earthquake rocked the country Friday, leaving about 100 dead.

"They actually have a call scheduled today, it's actually taking place, I think, within the hour," Sanders replied.

Mexico on Monday rescinded a previous offer to extend aid to U.S. victims of Hurricane Harvey, citing improved conditions around Houston and a need to send emergency supplies to the southern states of Oaxaca and Chiapas, the hardest hit by the earthquake.

Shortly after the flooding in Texas, Mexico offered disaster assistance, which Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) accepted, but Trump never officially responded to the offer.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
"Also, because I didn't give a shit."

My guess is the President of Mexico has a SAT phone or any of a number of backup ways to contact him.

Trump is actually saying that the Mexican president's cell is to blame. He says "his" reception

Voicemails are a bitch yall

doh. also i heard part of mexico had a blackout which didn't last that long. maybe he called during that time when everything was "down"

Chozoman

Banned
Reads like a guy that didn't call his buddy when they had plans.

"Sorry dude...totally meant to call, but my reception is real spotty."

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Clearly, America's infrastructure sucks so much that the President can't get reception when he needs to make a call.

The Cowboy

Just be honest you racist Nazi piece of shit, say "i didn't offer condolences to Mexico because its full of Mexicans" - we know this is the real reason.

I would think that the President of the United States would be the one person on earth where his cell phone would work 100 percent of the time. This is fucking clown shoes.

SeanC

That's why you release an official public statement offering help and condolences....you know, kinda like how Mexico did for Texas.

Just wait until the tallest wall the world has ever seen is erected. Good luck getting in touch with loved ones after that. It will fuck yo reception up, bigly.

mclem

One day Trump will realise that that's why the media weren't impressed by the size of his inauguration crowds.

He got a bad reception

Top Bottom