• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Turkey asks Germany to prosecute comedian over Erdoan poem"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderise

Turkey needs to be slapped down with sanctions for their numerous violations of human rights and democracy.

If they get in the EU it is doomed even more than today.

Fuck Turkey.

Calm down,will you? As a Turkish citizen i LOATHE Erdogan and his actions and you all people should know that A LOT of people just hate him and all he stands for.He really turned out contry into a joke

Acorn

Calm down,will you? As a Turkish citizen i LOATHE Erdogan and his actions and you all people should know that A LOT of people just hate him and all he stands for.He really turned out contry into a joke
I don't blame the turkish people, I blame the govt.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Seems like he's really popular with ex-pats. I recently saw a local news report where they asked people living here which candidate they supported and all of them were fawning over Erdogan. When asked if he didn't take things too far by cracking down on the press, they said he didn't go far enough, the press deserved it and they should never have written those things. I believe over 65% of Belgian Turks voted for him.

vaderise

Seems like he's really popular with ex-pats. I recently saw a local news report where they asked people living here which candidate they supported and all of them were fawning over Erdogan. When asked if he didn't take things too far by cracking down on the press, they said he didn't go far enough, the press deserved it and they should never have written those things. I believe over 65% of Belgian Turks voted for him.

Exactly! A lot of people who has zero knowledge about politics are blinded by the campaigns ran by government and the worst thing is the budget for this campaigns are being funded from TAXES! That's how fucked up things are

NeoRausch

It should be noted that before Böhmermann presented this poem he explicitly said that you can't do something like this openly and it would be cut/deleted and that nobody should do something like this.

A wonderful act of reverse psychology.

Shiggy

I saw the part while it was still online. Great satire, yet is sad to see so many stupid and uneducated people on Facebook comment on it without understanding the context the poem sas embedded in. The poem in its own is insulting, but it was put as an example of what would not be allowed.

If Merkel and Gabriel will allow prosecution, it will be quite sad. Then again, the SPD has nothing to lose anymore as they are fucked up beyond repair.

NeoRausch

I saw the part while it was still online. Great satire, yet is sad to see so many stupid and uneducated people on Facebook comment on it without understanding the context the poem sas embedded in. The poem in its own is insulting, but it was put as an example of what would not be allowed.

If Merkel and Gabriel will allow prosecution, it will be quite sad. Then again, the SPD has nothing to lose anymore as they are fucked up beyond repair.

For me, the moment the ZDF cut out/deleted the part of Neo Magazin Royal was already a sad moment.
But seeing that even the highest politicians in Germany crumble down in front of Erdogan....

But if gotta give it to Böhmi. It's was a strike off genius and he has Eier aus Stahl!

Edit:

And have a go at his last music video! For your convince it's in English too! With ze most wonderful accent!
https://youtu.be/HMQkV5cTuoY

Erdogan is such a little child.

Its a shame Merkel has to cooperate with him or else they would just laugh about him.

Freedom of speech does not exist for him. Bans twitter and youtube because people say negative things about him what the hell.

Its a relict of the past and it shouldnt exist anymore.
Similar to the "bee-paragraphs" in our BGB:

https://dejure.org/gesetze/BGB/961.html

If its the same poem I am seeing, there is no such thing in it. The only thing that talks about "all turkish" is, that all turkish are singing that the has small testicles.

Hey, hands off of our bee following right! *g*

So, concerning OP:

The real fun is that Senior Erdogan told the German ambassador who visited the trial against a Turkish journalist a week ago that he refuses to tolerte any involvements of foreigners into Turkish state affairs (which apparently includes visiting trials).

This guy is just the worst.

DJKhaled

Thanks, Erdogan.

For making Turkey look like such a joke. I promise guys, Turkish people (well, the good majority of folk who have not been brainwashed by the AKP) are good folk.

I'm assuming you're from Turkey? can I ask what's happened? like, how did you guys just go from a democracy into what is clearly a dictatorship at this point, Turkey went from a country with a muslim majority that we could look at to prove that muslim majority countries can be great places but then this guy has just seemingly destroyed all that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Böhmermann is a genius ofc the poem is rough but that was the intention.

His "Be Deutsch" is even better.

Sad story that the German government is even trying to look if a persecution is possible, it should be outright clear that it is sazire and nothing happens.

Pezking

For me, the moment the ZDF cut out/deleted the part of Neo Magazin Royal was already a sad moment.

This!

Directly after reading the poem, he explained to Erdogan how he could have this video removed. First, Erdogan would send a complaint to the network, then the network would be opposed to that, then it would go to court...

And that's where it all fell apart, when the ZDF deleted the video BEFORE anyone complained about it.

Then the BILD reported about the poem and the deletion of the video in the online database of the ZDF, while posting a video of the poem themselves on bild.de - but ONLY a video the poem, without the explanations before and after it!

So everybody from there on saw only a one minute version of a nearly five minute long segment of his show. And you can't do that without changing the entire tone and message of this satirical piece.

It's really ridiculous how selective perception has made a national crisis out of this.

Nere

While I really don't like Erdogan I have to say that poem reads like it was written by a 10 year old. Disgusting sense of humor, there are 1 million ways you can make fun of Erdogan and his policies but saying he has a small penis isn't the way to do it. He should be fined but obviously not prosecuted in my opinion.

Shiggy

While I really don't like Erdogan I have to say that poem reads like it was written by a 10 year old. Disgusting sense of humor, there are 1 million ways you can make fun of Erdogan and his policies but saying he has a small penis isn't the way to do it. He should be fined but obviously not prosecuted in my opinion.

Yeah, you apparently don't understand what this is about. Hint: The satire wasn't really about the poem itself.

Goddamn, that poem is something.

It is. It is Sooooooo over the top. Taking it serious might mean you are dead inside.
He could have easily reacted with humor ("yep, all true" or "wow, he knows me so well" or something else/ better).

Challenge him to a duel.

ArjanN

The whole thing is clearly set up as an exploration of the limits of free speech. That the poem is just a childish list of insults is not really what the 'joke' is.

SigSig

This!

Directly after reading the poem, he explained to Erdogan how he could have this video removed. First, Erdogan would send a complaint to the network, then the network would be opposed to that, then it would go to court...

And that's where it all fell apart, when the ZDF deleted the video BEFORE anyone complained about it.

Then the BILD reported about the poem and the deletion of the video in the online database of the ZDF, while posting a video of the poem themselves on bild.de - but ONLY a video the poem, without the explanations before and after it!

So everybody from there on saw only a one minute version of a nearly five minute long segment of his show. And you can't do that without changing the entire tone and message of this satirical piece.

It's really ridiculous how selective perception has made a national crisis out of this.

Yeah, this is the real kicker. ZDF proved once more they are spineless losers.

You think a government should fine someone for saying a foreign leader has a small penis?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
You think a government should fine someone for saying a foreign leader has a small penis?

Yes, smallpenissyndrome is a very serious matter and is not to be joked about. These men will never know how it feels like to pound that G-spot like a jackhammer.

Vitten

It always makes me wonder why the common people willingly chose complete scumbags like Erdogan to lead them. I guess most people really are just stupid.

I'm disappointed at the German response. They should just tell him to fuck off

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I wonder why Erdogan is demanding a prosecution. Even acknowledging that he is an autocratic idiot with a huge ego and a small dick, I cannot believe that he is not aware of how petty this makes him look on the international stage. I suspect at least some Machiavellian considerations at play here. Do such demonstrations of authority benefit him domestically by deterring critics and comedians within Turkey?

Nibel

This!

Agreed with all of this.

The fact that the president of one of the most powerful middle-eastern countries is so thinskinned that simple and cheap satire by German niche comedians for German niche shows gets to him is either incredibly hilarious or incredibly sad

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The funny thing is, back then when the polnish government asked the same because of a carneval car who made fun of them, the german government stood up and said, fuck you, we have freedom of speech, we wont sue these guys.

Shiggy

I wonder why Erdogan is demanding a prosecution. Even acknowledging that he is an autocratic idiot with a huge ego and a small dick, I cannot believe that he is not aware of how petty this makes him look on the international stage. I suspect at least some Machiavellian considerations at play here. Do such demonstrations of authority benefit him domestically by deterring critics and comedians within Turkey?

One German politician compared the situation to Hitler's final days. None of his advisors will tell him what he is doing, apparently he's not aware of the Streisand effect. At the same time, there are more than 2000 lawsuits in Turkey because of defamation of Erdogan, so Boehermann is just one of many.

I believe he also wants to show his power over Merkel. I mean, he sued Boehmermann as a private person, and now he is also asking the German government to allow prosecution as a statesman as that is a separate offence.

If he gets a single penny from someone hundreds or thousands of miles away under a different government, it will certainly convince those under his rule that he's not to be trifled with.

Dude is basically Joffrey-lite at this point. Removing the freedom of the press more or less removed the illusion of true democracy in Turkey.

El Topo

If he gets a single penny from someone hundreds or thousands of miles away under a different government, it will certainly convince those under his rule that he's not to be trifled with.

On the other hand if he is ignored he can use that to further nationalism. It may very well be a win-win situation for him, unless things get handled appropriately.
I don't think the Joffrey comparison is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom