• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime (Included with Amazon Prime)

sasuke_91

Germany doesn't get 20% on pre-orders, so I was happy we'd get discounts with Twitch Prime. Turns out it's just 2€ for a game. Better than nothing I guess? :/

Not sure where to get that subscription code or I'm just too dumb to find it.

SamVimes

I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
1) Speaks in a quiet voice and doesn't just make noise incessantly.
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
3) Doesn't play sound effects or make a big deal when people donate.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.
6) Seems to have some semblance of work-life balance
7) Appears to respect women and value kindness

Any suggestions?

Northernlion. He shouts out subs and resubs (unless they have some offensive or really gross name), but he's pretty good about all the other things. He streams with friends and they do make a big deal when people donate or sometimes try to encourage chat to spam (Dan Gheesling of Big Brother fame is probably the worst about this), but he himself doesn't do that stuff. He usually plays The Binding of Isaac and two other indie games.

Yukinari

Got Twitch Prime working and gave my sub to Trihex.

I absolutely love that you can use twitch emotes on any discord server. Maybe next month ill switch my sub to TB.

Does this mean when EVO comes around you can use your free sub on there too?

Got Twitch Prime working and gave my sub to Trihex.

I absolutely love that you can use twitch emotes on any discord server. Maybe next month ill switch my sub to TB.

Does this mean when EVO comes around you can use your free sub on there too?

Yeah I'm gonna sub to him as well, he has good emotes. Also he's one of the few streamers I follow.

Tenck

Anyone know why I get this?
7fe3ca6b11.png

benzopil

Is there a code begging thread somewhere? Prime is not available in my country, but code for Hearthstone hero would be cool D:

Check your PMs

Damn bet me too it, if anyone wants any of the content codes i have no intrest pm me and will try and work out how to get them, will have to be later tonight as can't get twitch on my work PC.

Edit 1: Heartstone gone but smite code still up for grabs

Tenck

Twitch just added a new service for Amazon Prime subscribers, one of the perks is a free Twitch sub every month.

I know, I'm wondering what "Not Yet!" meant. Looks like Amazon thought I used my free sub already, when I didn't. I emailed them already.

I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.

Any suggestions?

Jeff Green formerly of PC gamer, formerly of 1up.com, formerly of EA, etc etc.

His twitch is greenspeak. Ideally, he gets a stream in every few days, but he has a full time job in the gaming industry, so sometimes he doesn't always get around to it, but it's enough streams that you may still struggle to keep up if you don't catch it live.

He's the kindest soul around! Definitely strives to respect everyone everywhere.

He mostly plays Dark Souls, and he's most of the way through Dark Souls 3 right now, but he also plays Overwatch, Hearthstone, and classic PC games (the old goofy ones!) He was playing No Man's Sky for a bit, Resident Evil Remake, P.T... He seems to be open to playing anything, but he's determined to beat the souls games.

Grinchy

Banned
I was on the fence on giving my sub to Trihex, Dansgaming, and a few others that I actually watch. I ended up giving it to Dan. Maybe next month will go to Trihex.

RPGCrazied

I don't do the twitch thing, but if a sub gives them money, then why not sub to one? I thought maybe angryjoe, cause well, he is a gaffer, and I've been a fan of his video reviews, but lately he seems to do much other things. I just want your angry reviews!

red36

Neo Member
Can anyone tell if you aren't the primary owner of the prime account (through family sharing my sister lets me use her prime access on amazon) does it still work without later incurring amazon prime fees?

Ronin Ray

Any suggestions?

LethalFrag seems like he would be right up your ally.

lt519

If anyone wants any of the codes PM me, I still have them all and have no use for them.

Edit: Hearthstone and SMITE taken. Still have Streamline and Paladins code.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Off topic a bit, but maybe an ok place to ask...

Has Twitch ever mentioned adding the ability to pause live streams at all? I use this so often with the Giant Bomb video player, that when I can't do it with Twitch I wonder why. If it's a matter of chat being messed up, couldn't it just be a matter of removing chat unless you go live again?

Hero

So I figure I know the answer to this, if I have a shared Amazon Prime account and I'm not the primary, I can't get this without paying?

cackhyena

God I'm loving no ads. Twitch is woefully behind the times in a lot of ways technically, but this is a nice step in the right direction.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Northernlion. He shouts out subs and resubs (unless they have some offensive or really gross name), but he's pretty good about all the other things. He streams with friends and they do make a big deal when people donate or sometimes try to encourage chat to spam (Dan Gheesling of Big Brother fame is probably the worst about this), but he himself doesn't do that stuff. He usually plays The Binding of Isaac and two other indie games.
I second this. His channel does get spammy but it's usually funny, on topic spam. He is far and away the best streamer on Twitch though.

Off topic a bit, but maybe an ok place to ask...

Has Twitch ever mentioned adding the ability to pause live streams at all? I use this so often with the Giant Bomb video player, that when I can't do it with Twitch I wonder why. If it's a matter of chat being messed up, couldn't it just be a matter of removing chat unless you go live again?
I think it's mainly because that requires an instant archival technology that they simply haven't added yet. Youtube can afford the server space it seems to integrate it into their platform.

if anyone is looking to use their free sub on a worthy streamer, I would suggest just subbing to any of the plethora of charity streams that pop up at least once a month.

It would take 10 minutes a month of google searching.

btrboyev

So the streamer has to be a twitch partner to use your free sub? If so, that's stupid. None of the people I follow are twitch partners or have super large followers.

mr lurtle

I also have a Hearthstone code I don't need. No idea how to hide the code in the post, so just quote or message me if anyone wants it.

edit: gone.

Wallach

So the streamer has to be a twitch partner to use your free sub? If so, that's stupid. None of the people I follow are twitch partners or have super large followers.

Er, yeah, only Twitch partners have subscriptions. That's why people become Twitch partners.

wiibomb

so I payed prime... and then I got an error when I tried to enable twitch prime, it seems to be because I'm not in one of those participating countries, even though I have my address in amazon.com and location to US.

anyone had a problem with this and found a solution?

Stackboy

so I payed prime... and then I got an error when I tried to enable twitch prime, it seems to be because I'm not in one of those participating countries, even though I have my address in amazon.com and location to US.

anyone had a problem with this and found a solution?

I have this problem too. I'm in Aus, so I think I'm just going to have to wait until Amazon properly launches here.

Top Bottom