• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tyler Hoechlin cast as Superman on CW's Supergirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it's the kid from Road to Perdition.

road-to-perdition.jpg

God damn I feel old

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thought they would go a little older, but the choice is fine with me.

& holy shit at him being the kid in Road to Perdition...

I feel so fucking old now & yet I'm only 8 years older than him.

Huh. This is definitely surprising. I know he was rumored for Batman actually once upon a time. Not a bad role for him to book, even if it's just likely to probably be killed off. At the same time, not sure if I can physically see him in the role. If he shaves his usual five o'clock shadow as well as combs the hair, maybe I could buy it.

His character on Teen Wolf is stoic for the most part, but when he has to do emotional scenes he's alright, although admittedly like most of the acting on the show, it can be quite shaky.

I thought they'd cast someone older but then I remembered it's a Berlanti show on the CW. It's not a big deal, he can do the mid-30s thing Clark pretty much stops aging (or does extremely slow) after he reaches his "peak" age so, ehhh.

I 'm sure there's a good amount of Smallville fans crying about it not being Welling like they have every time someone is cast in the role.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Interesting choice. I only know him from Teen Wolf and he was a bit shit in that for the most part, although I imagine that was because the writers had no idea what to do with his character after the first season.

Monocle

His scruffy jaw and ripped body were fine additions to Teen Wolf. Now he can lend his talents to his own version of Superman, who I assume will wear a damaged outfit 95% of the time. I mean, it's only right.

giphy.gif

I've already seen people suggesting Dylan O'Brien as a gender-flipped Lois Lane. Kill me now.
LMAO, amazing

Present.

I guess I have to watch this show now.
Colton Haynes' beautiful face tricked me into watching a full season of Arrow. I hope Supergirl is better. Only so the first episode and it was just OK. No hunks in sight, as far as I can recall.

His scruffy jaw and ripped body were fine additions to Teen Wolf. Now he can lend his talents to his own version of Superman, who I assume will wear a damaged outfit 95% of the time. I mean, it's only right.
I feel like this is the only way to truly capture the essence of the character.

MisterHero

He'll be off-screen like this

will-we-ever-get-to-sevj5a.jpg

except he'll have a voice now

Monocle

I feel like this is the only way to truly capture the essence of the character.
In my opinion it's false advertising to bill someone as the Man of Steel if his superhuman muscles are going to be hidden under the damnable human invention of shirts all the time.

Kal-El's people knew better. His parents sent him to Earth in a blanket, which was clearly meant to be discarded when he came of age. For maximal sun absorption and such.

He'll be off-screen like this

will-we-ever-get-to-sevj5a.jpg

except he'll have a voice now
Don't even joke...

Watch him be a way better Superman than Cavill...
Likely, but this is absolutely no fault of Cavill's. He's charming as hell and perfect for the part but clearly was not allowed to be the Superman he could have.

Both Routh and Cavill have been amazing Supermen completely squandered.

In my opinion it's false advertising to bill someone as the Man of Steel if his superhuman muscles are going to be hidden under the damnable human invention of shirts all the time.

Kal-El's people knew better. His parents sent him to Earth in a blanket, which was clearly meant to be discarded when he came of age. For maximal sun absorption and such.
Undoubtably. Any frustrated nerds that protest, well I guess they don't care about having Superman be true to his character. Clark needs all the Vitamin D he can get, including any reflected off the moon's surface, and well positioned indoor sun lamps.

Anyone that disagrees, are they really fans? Or just unforgivable monsters?

Watch him be a way better Superman than Cavill...
Cavill is excellent. He is not to blame for the DC movies' creative crisis.

Undoubtably. Any frustrated nerds that protest, well I guess they don't care about having Superman be true to his character. Clark needs all the Vitamin D he can get, including any reflected off the moon's surface, and well positioned indoor sun lamps.

Anyone that disagrees, are they really fans? Or just unforgivable monsters?

Cavill is excellent. He is not to blame for the DC movies' creative crisis.

there is no creative crisis, people just cant seem to accept that Cavill Superman is a Superman still learning, not fully ready yet.

23qwerty

Huh, from the few times I've seen my parents watching this wasn't Superman already in it? Or was he only mentioned and never actually shown.

there is no creative crisis, people just cant seem to accept that Cavill Superman is a Superman still learning, not fully ready yet.
If BvS wasn't a crisis, I don't know what is.

Man of Steel was pretty bleak as well, but I don't blame that on the actors. (Who I generally think were perfectly cast.)

anaron

even if he is playing older, Mechad Brooks is 35 and will appear significantly older which is bizarre for Jimmy and Supes.

I wonder if this will be a time displaced Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom