• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UC4 Game Director Justin Richmond Leaves ND (And famousmortimer leaves GAF #1393)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlodril

It is funny(?) to see that gaf a lot of time has higher standards than most of the gaming press regarding the validity of information.

This thirst for railroading users into a ban wall i see lately on the other hand is concerning.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I know it OT, but I have to ask this: Has there been *anyone* other than FM who has ever claimed insider info that Sony ever planned to have their PS4 online-only DRM system in place (that FM claims his NODRM campaign reversed)?

Asd202

anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

Holy shit.

Spiegel

vidyageim jurnalizm must be saved!1!1!1!!!

You should have smelled something when you saw that the indiegogo was flexible funding.

Can anyone tell me what things did fam get right? Not trolling, I'm really curious.

He certainly got some things right.

Cerny working on PS4
Cerny directing a platformer for PS4
Driveclub
Killzone

(Basically the entire first party section of the Playstation meeting)

Batman Vita

Don't remember anything else

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Serious question: How are his Twitter/blog posts going to be handled? I guarantee that folks will still create threads based on the info he puts out.

how are paulstation420, xavierbonex and nintendaniel64's twitter/blog posts going to be handled?

B.O.O.M

Talking about apologizing.

Did IGN apologized for accusing Druckmann and Straley on Hennig’s departure from ND?

Don't think they did...I'm actually surprised they didn't get equal treatment really. Some were actually saying ND might have lied instead in that thread

@Dodd's new blog post: Better late than never. It sucks that u are gone mate but best of luck with everything in the future

Tripon

1) That isn't a launch show

2) It's been known since December that he was doing a Final Hours of Titanfall.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/416652816472473601

Here's the reality: Pete Dodd is good at taking news stories or finding pieces of information that most of us miss and twisting them into bigger tales that we all eat up because nobody comes forward to directly challenge his claims...

Until now, that is. Where a man had to air out extremely personal matters because Dodd wanted to make shit up.

I really hope all of you that gave money to his idiotic IndieGoGo campaign plan on getting your money back. It's clear he's just a bullshitter http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dodd-scientifics

No, because they stand by that story. Until Hennig comments on it, all we have are the studio heads taking the blame with no specifics.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106142147&postcount=1982

I don't know what else you want. A live show on network TV? That wasn't going to happen.

Sendou

I know it OT, but I have to ask this: Has there been *anyone* other than FM who has ever claimed insider info that Sony ever planned to have their PS4 online-only DRM system in place (that FM claims his NODRM campaign reversed)?

Geoff Keighley

That whole No PS4 DRM was just a big free PR stunt for Sony that fell on their lap.

I hope everybody learned something today, I know I did. Thread needs to be locked and we all should move on and talk about games. Stop speculating and gossiping like a bunch of high school girls, especially when involves people's lives and careers.

If only you had learned to read the last mod post in this thread, wise Junior.

mcrommert

Banned
I hope everybody learned something today, I know I did. Thread needs to be locked and we all should move on and talk about games. Stop speculating and gossiping like a bunch of high school girls, especially when involves people's lives and careers.

wouldn't do that

entremet

Now that famousmortimer is banned and his credibility retroactively questioned, it's interesting to see how some of you really felt about him. So much pent up emotions.

I'm pretty indifferent to the guy. Seemed like a nice guy on here, but the cult of personality was a bit too much and it seemed to get to his head.

ironcreed

Banned
Seems to be a large contingent of people celebrating his downfall merely due to his reputation for leaning towards Sony. The names dancing on the dude's grave ... is, well... expected to say the least. Ironic, too.

I think it has more to do with posting shit that is just not true. That goes for some of the other 'insiders' as well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Geoff Keighley

That whole No PS4 DRM was just a big free PR stunt for Sony that fell on their lap.
Oh for sure it has, I'm just wondering if the whole situation was made up on assumption that Sony would use some random disc-DRM patent they had years ago, which realistically never made any sense (like 99% of other patents they filed and never used).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
EDGE claimed it would.

Gerstmann said it was a last minute decision to ditch the DRM.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I wonder if a GAF rumor subforum would work? Sorta like the old egm/Gamefan sections. Where people can post rumors, no personal shit, without fear of the ban hammer. Maybe the mods can verify posters behind the scenes. Maybe it's impossible logistically, but part of the Gaf fun is reading rumors.

Sendou

Oh for sure it has, I'm just wondering if the whole situation was made up on assumption that Sony would use some random disc-DRM patent they had years ago, which realistically never made any sense (like 99% of other patents they filed and never used).

Mort was big part of it but the thing I linked was what started it all. It always was such bullshit. The amount of high fives at Sony HQ must have been ridiculous all the way leading to E3.

Don't remember anything else

Driveclub delay
PS4 Nov launch instead of Oct
corrobated VR back when only one source announced it back at GDC
Titanfall Xbox existing, but didn't make it into production-scale
CoD to 3-year dev cycle
CoD 2014 is not by Treyach

There's a few other stuff here and there, which ends up being true.

NHale

Best wishes for your son and all your family.

Mort is perma banned?

Thankfully. When you fail to apologize for a mistake that forces someone to disclose what is happening in their private life just to defend themselves from a perception of being incompetent, you deserve anything bad that comes your way.

Instead he chose to act like a primadonna about quitting GAF. Someone thought his ego was bigger than having some humanity.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm also pretty sure I heard some of the Giant Bomb guys saying Sony planned the DRM thing also. But they might've just been speculating like everyone else is doing.

KissVibes

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106142147&postcount=1982

I don't know what else you want. A live show on network TV? That wasn't going to happen.

He suggested it was a network show in his tweets which no longer exist.

Seems fishy to me, bro!

Holy shit dude. This is Shaq Fu 2 level of fail.

Keep in mind that this campaign has flexible funding (he gets your money even if it fails) and has already been extended once already after failing to me it's target of eight grand.

Tripon

Geoff Keighley

Patrick Klepek (and I think Brad Shoemaker, but I need to check old bombcasts if I remember right) were swearing up and down that Sony always had a DRM plan for PS4 until changing last minute. When people asked him what his sources were, he refused to even say what level of access he had.

Which is sort of ironic considering how some people here are pimping him up as a responsible journalist. (Which he generally is, but wasn't in that case.)

Haha I was thinking something along the same lines, but I don't think it's worth going into conspiracy-theory mode over this right now.

KoopaTheCasual

Quick question: Are we allowed to continue this open discussion on the matter of insiders, since this is pretty off topic from the actual thread topic?

The Llama

I wonder if a GAF rumor subforum would work? Sorta like the old egm/Gamefan sections. Where people can post rumors, no personal shit, without fear of the ban hammer. Maybe the mods can verify posters behind the scenes. Maybe it's impossible logistically, but part of the Gaf fun is reading rumors.

Just seems a bit pointless, if I'm honest. Would be filled with a ton of crap.

Gestault

Serious question: Wasn't the tech behind that patent what they used in the single-use Cross-Buy PS3/Vita discs?

Vire

May I just use this opportunity to vent about the degree to which I had to explain to others why this situation looked so bad when it first came up?

Famousemortimer was in the discussion at this point, and sure didn't make any effort to clarify.

Yep...

I'm certain that 100 Million dollar number about Sony Santa Monica was complete bullshit too. Mort was more concerned with his ego than anything else.

Can't say I'll miss him.

What a terrible situation. The sort of gossip that can damage the repute of a person's personal life has to seriously stop. It's sick and full of stinking shit.

Good luck Col. and I sincerely wish you all the best for your son.

Oh jeez that's like one of those things you tell to your mom when you get in trouble and you hope she loves you enough and believes in you enough to let you get away with it.

I haven't tried to do something like that since i was, what, 13?

'It was just a cheeky tweet about my teacher's habits, Mom!'

What a load of rubbish, caught with his pants down and his arse hanging out. And that final, excuse-laden 'apology' made me feel sick.

The poor Evolution guy, caught up in this rubbish. This fucking internet.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
EDGE claimed it would.
Gerstmann said it was a last minute decision to ditch the DRM.
Don't forget Sessler !! He says they had a second set of slides.
I like Sessler but that's one of the most ridiculous thing he's ever said.
So what was the thing that pushed thuway to laughing.gif territory? I swear I can't keep up with this shit.
Everything? He does everything through Twitter now after getting banned at least once. As long as he's not wrong about that AAA Sony JRPG I don't really care. He seems to do more "Make some noise guys" things about issues than leaks these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom