• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio Athletic Commission be like:

358vwi.jpg

UberTag

I'm going to be terribly upset if Punk doesn't make his way to the Octagon to Cult of Personality this weekend.

I'm going to be terribly upset if Punk doesn't make his way to the Octagon to Cult of Personality this weekend.

Brock Lesnar didn't come out to his wrestling theme :( boring ass entrance

This would be nice. Fwiw they play the track in the last episode of that ufc doc. I think it's gonna happen

I feel like there is zero chance he uses that. Even if UFC would want it he probably wants to distance himself from WWE as much as possible and that song is very much tied to his WWE run. There is always Miseria Cantare (ROH Theme) though. It suits a slow walk out into a big arena.

This would be nice. Fwiw they play the track in the last episode of that ufc doc. I think it's gonna happen

Lesnar's Theme is owned by WWE though - Jim Johnston composed. Even if Lesnar/WWE/UFC are all on good terms that would have made that hard to use. Cult of Personality just needs to be licensed from Living Colour if they really must use it. In fact, do UFC need to licence song for one of events like this? I have heard them use Katy Perry, Metallica, Eminem, and others int he past which seems like a bit to much money to toss away on licensing costs.

Madness

Biggest mistake UFC/WWE made. Can you imagime Brock coming out to that? How much more hype they would have generated.

hmmm...

The Evolution of Punk: Cult of Personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkhsqnSdKk

Jump to 19:42

Is that just marketing doing their job though? and getting people intrested. If he actually has any say in the song he comes out toit seem right to drop it, pick something new (or much older), and give the impression he is looking to the future, not stuck in the past.

Anway's UFC are definitely getting their marketing right if his theme is becoming a point of discussion.

I don't think his entrance music is at all important, but if he or UFC wanted to distance himself from his wrestling persona, they're doing a terrible job. He's still going by his stage name FFS

Looks like both parties are embracing his past, not running away from it

I don't think his entrance music is at all important, but if he or UFC wanted to distance himself from his wrestling persona, they're doing a terrible job. He's still going by his stage name FFS

CM Punk prefers to be called CM Punk. It's basically his name. Phillip Brooks? Nah Market CM Punk.

Fox318

Him still being called by his stage name has more to do with him hating his family than anything else.

KingBroly

Banned

You'd never sell a PPV by going 'SEE WWE STAR PHIL BROOKS GET HIS ASS WHIPPED' because people don't know who Phil Brooks is.

painey

The UFC entrance music is very unimportant because Dana hates WWE style walkouts, and you can barely hear the music playing anyway. It's a shame Dana is such a dick, because the entrances in Japan are fucking amazing. It's such an easy way to make memorable fighters, but Dana's grudge against pro wrestling was so hardcore he didn't want UFC to be like that. Was hoping the Chinese buy out would result in good entrances, but it looks unlikely.

The UFC entrance music is very unimportant because Dana hates WWE style walkouts, and you can barely hear the music playing anyway. It's a shame Dana is such a dick, because the entrances in Japan are fucking amazing. It's such an easy way to make memorable fighters, but Dana's grudge against pro wrestling was so hardcore he didn't want UFC to be like that. Was hoping the Chinese buy out would result in good entrances, but it looks unlikely.

Connor in Ireland had a pretty damn solid entrance so every once in a while it does look boss as hell

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I bet for punk. I'm for sure hes gonna lose, but I couldn't not try with those odds against him.

My 15 dollar parlay w/ another 5 dollar punk parlay could get me about 150 bones. Nice little profit for some PSVR games. If not, oh well I'm out 20 bucks.

You have any links to some cool japanese walk-ins/outs?

lupinko

I bet for punk. I'm for sure hes gonna lose, but I couldn't not try with those odds against him.

My 15 dollar parlay w/ another 5 dollar punk parlay could get me about 150 bones. Nice little profit for some PSVR games. If not, oh well I'm out 20 bucks.

You have any links to some cool japanese walk-ins/outs?

Fedor Pride Entrance

https://youtu.be/JNJCpm-VCVs

Josh Barnett coming out to Ai wo Torimodose (Hokuto no Ken theme)

https://youtu.be/4CA0bih9InA

Anderson Silva Pride Entrance to Michael Jackson's Don't Stop Til You Get Enough

https://youtu.be/pJjZA_7KpGY

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Punk pretends to hate where he came from but that's what got him to the dance and he knows it. It's just posturing.

thefro

Yeah, in my head he does his WWE entrance, as Colt Cabana and AJ walk out with him and yells "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!".

styl3s

If, nay, win Punk wins there's gonna be more crow eating than Heath Ledger playing the Joker.

My money has been and is still on Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, in my head he does his WWE entrance, as Colt Cabana and AJ walk out with him and yells "IT'S CLOBBERING TIME!".
There's a bigger chance of Punk winning with a KO in the first 10 seconds of the fight then there is of Colt Cabana even being within 100 miles of Punk during his entrance.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a bigger chance of Punk winning with a KO in the first 10 seconds of the fight then there is of Colt Cabana even being within 100 miles of Punk during his entrance.
They have a disagreement? I don't keep up with either that much. Thought they were best pals forever.

Aiii

So not worth it
They have a disagreement? I don't keep up with either that much. Thought they were best pals forever.

Allegedly:

Punk and Colt are in a lawsuit with WWE. Well technically with their doctor, but it's obvious that WWE is involved with this.

Colt then went backstage to Raw, took pictures with wrestlers and Punk got mad because it weakens their defense, in his mind.

I don't think anyone has found proof of this backstage visit though, and the source is a couple of tweets by one guy: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...bromance-with-colt-cabana-is-apparently-over/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Allegedly:

Punk and Colt are in a lawsuit with WWE. Well technically with their doctor, but it's obvious that WWE is involved with this.

Colt then went backstage to Raw, took pictures with wrestlers and Punk got mad because it weakens their defense, in his mind.

I don't think anyone has found proof of this backstage visit though, and the source is a couple of tweets by one guy: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...bromance-with-colt-cabana-is-apparently-over/
Money changes people. Hm.

Aiii

So not worth it
Money changes people. Hm.

Wait, what? How is that related?

The guys are in a lawsuit against WWE, and then one of them merrily visits the same guys. If that's true, no wonder Punk is mad. I'd be. What does money even have to do with it?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? How is that related?

The guys are in a lawsuit against WWE, and then one of them merrily visits the same guys. If that's true, no wonder Punk is mad. I'd be. What does money even have to do with it?
He wants money. It changes people. Shame on Punk, he sucks and I look forward to him tapping to strikes.

bjork

Not a work. I will respectfully take my punishment. I stake my life on it!
I was inspired by bjork's year long ban bet over something stupid. I said to myself "what's a stupid fucking bet I could make?" Since I was thinking about stupidity, CM Punk came to mind.

I beg your pardon, sir.

My ban bet was a double or nothing over the summer's greatest event and I fell in support of the man cheated by a corrupt organization.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I beg your pardon, sir.

My ban bet was a double or nothing over the summer's greatest event and I fell in support of the man cheated by a corrupt organization.
This might be the summer's spectacle event. Maybe. Alright, well, I'll deserve it if I lose, my friend.

jmdajr

CM "I was MMA all along brother" Punk's divorce to the world of wrestling is now complete!

Now he just needs to dump AJ and date a female fighter so he can feel whole.

Aiii

So not worth it
He wants money. It changes people. Shame on Punk, he sucks and I look forward to him tapping to strikes.

I know you're trolling, but just for the record, Punk settled with WWE and is getting sued here. He wasn't after anything, he settled and then pissed off WWE with a podcast, so they went after him.

But you knew this already, so I'm not even sure why I'm replying :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know you're trolling, but just for the record, Punk settled with WWE and is getting sued here. He wasn't after anything, he settled and then pissed off WWE with a podcast, so they went after him.

But you knew this already, so I'm not even sure why I'm replying :D
He wants to keep his money!

JimiNutz

Banned
If, nay, win Punk wins there's gonna be more crow eating than Heath Ledger playing the Joker.

My money has been and is still on Punk.

If Punk wins there are gonna be so many cries of fight fixing.

It's actually embarrassing for the sport of MMA if a near 40 year old man, with NO prior combat sport or competitive sports experience of any kind, can train for a mere two years and then win a fight against a legitimate pro in his UFC debut.

I like what I've seen of the guy on a personal level and as someone that also took up MMA in my 30s I can really appreciate what he's trying to achieve, but if he wins it makes the rest of the sport look bad in my opinion.

I expect him to last as long as James Toney did against Randy. What makes you think he has any chance of legitimately winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom