• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
Everyone's jacking my style! D:<

But in all seriousness, it's just a really good pair. I expect to see a lot of it later on down the line.
Probably because people don't realize how punishable empty vajras are with no cover.

Can't count the times I've lost Strider just because I got too pushy with him.

JeTmAn81

Probably because people don't realize how punishable empty vajras are with no cover.

I've certainly been learning that. Vajra ain't no win button. If you call him out carelessly, he dies quicker than a mayfly. I've seen some interesting strategies for punishing him, too. One guy's Sentinel kept Hard Driving to try and hit Strider, and he succeeded at least once. That wasn't effective enough to keep him from being pinned in the corner and chipped to death by Wesker jumping gunshot + Vajra, though.

Frantic

Dante has a lot of ways to cover Vajra, though. Air Play, Hysterics, Drive, Stinger and various other moves. It also makes his teleports safe while acting as a full screen mixup.

But otherwise, yeah. He's not the safest assist to just throw out there.

Frantic

I have been saying that since day 1.
Sure, but I'm doing it. :p

Speaking of, I want to run a long set with you, Frantic, to abuse my Dorm.
Not sure how well that would go for you... my entire team is filled with bad matchups for Dorm. :p

But yeah, I'd like to run a set with you as well. I've been making a lot of adjustments to the way I play, so it should be interesting.

94uuA.jpg
Pk57g.jpg
nZUjR.jpg

Is my team in Ultimate, in Vanilla I was using Wesker on point. Since Wesker is even better on anchor in ultimate that's why I put him on the back.

With this team though, I can't deal with teams with good assists because I don't have any really good assist to back me up. If anyones using this team also, could you share some tips? :)

Another team I'm playing around with, is team "We Hit Like Grown Ass Men"

nVe61.jpg
fnbD7.jpg
nZUjR.jpg

Captain America, with nova's overhead assist vs someone who doesn't see it coming, gets me a bit of characters, because when Captain America hits you.. you're probably dead lol

Jenga

Banned
Captain America, with nova's overhead assist vs someone who doesn't see it coming, gets me a bit of characters, because when Captain America hits you.. you're probably dead lol
Tell me about it. Cap can do a ton of damage for piss-easy work. He also has decent mobility and his crossup dash is as stupid as all the other auto-crossup shit in this game. Why is he underrated?

Sigmaah

My teams as of now are:

Zero/Hawkeye/Wesker-Zero with that Hawkeye assist is amazing and wesker is there for those 1v3 situations.
1CNFH.jpg
3Dy5D.jpg
O3vhW.jpg

Nova/Frank/Zero-Nova can get frank to lvl 4 very easily and once I get frank to lvl 4, I spam air.M :3 Zero's there for those 1v3 situations and to get frank leveled up if Nova dies.
fnbD7.jpg
yNbsU.jpg
1CNFH.jpg

Zero/Vergil/Dante-I love doing 1 million damage with Dante's and Vergil's assists <3

1CNFH.jpg
ZLzjL.jpg
BOVqI.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think these 2 posts from the OT1 should be mounted somewhere in the OT2.

So you beat me after I didn't play Marvel for months because of exams, congratulations, you beat a rusty man who can only use H. And I'm sorry I'm not good against Hulk, but feel free to keep thinking you're somehow to superior to all of us with your day 1 scrub tactics. If you want to be pompous, at least be good. I respected Q because he was actually good, you're just some scrub off the street who happened to be playing Marvel at the right place and time. You played me in what, 7 matches? oh nooo.

get good kid, you're garbage.
Oh yeah have to retaliate before the ppv, get everyone riled up.

I think it's real cute how Ultimoo keeps bringing up 1 match where his Sentinel reverse ocv's me. Since he seems so keen on it so let's take a look back. It is my beautifully blue Thor/Hulk/Hakeye team going up against Ultimoo's Nova/Whogivesashit/Sentinel. The match starts out as anyone would expect it to go- My Thor/Hawkeye combination tearing through Nova/whogivesashit with multiple correct guesses, perfectly timed resets, and well placed elbows to the dome. Then incomes Sentinel- a character who's one dimensional gameplay is only accentuated by the one dimensional player playing him. He pops xfactor immediately and takes out Thor. One incorrect guess on my part. He takes out Hulk. Again my bad. Bops Hawkeye. Shit happens right? Normally I don't care about losing to things like this but it's what Ultimoo did after the match was done that just made me laugh. He stood over Hawkeye and proceed to taunt. At this point I'm losing it. Why else would he taunt? He knows for a fact that he lost that. He knows his win is only due to the fraudulence of xfactor. He knows that I am better than he is. All that taunt told me was "Yes, I suck at this game. I can only make 3 correct guesses the entire game and the only way I can win is to hope that they are with xfactor level 3 Sentinel."

He must be proud of his fraudulence. Why else would he bring it up multiple times?

Sentinel still blows up people. Damn.

you know it, ask panda and beef, amirite?

this just in, panda can't beat sentinel with 3 characters

amirite

You said it yourself

Ultimoo said:
If you want to be pompous, at least be good.

If that's the case then why are you still talking?

tumblr_lpa3lpoRqV1qkiqdko1_500.gif

Fucking love these lol.

Azure J

this is what my team will look like starting feb 7.

ohjVC.jpg
zzOZq.jpg
r6EtE.jpg

fraud

My teams as of now are:

Megaman Zero colors, nice. :D

Everyone's jacking my style! D:<

But in all seriousness, it's just a really good pair. I expect to see a lot of it later on down the line.

I need to hit the lab and play with some other weird shit util I get a combination like my Vergil/Dante/Morrigan team. (Order got changed because Weasel Shot + Verg teleport opens up so many people so fast. I feel like ass when I get someone with it though, Verg's teleports are sooo telegraphed. :lol)

I feel like I've entered the part of these games where I just steal from everyone instead of innovating on my own now. :lol

Hooooooly shit I'm in tears.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...l-vs-capcom-3-ps-vita-replays-hitbox-viewing/

Hit box replays. Im incredibly salty because id love to have this mode in the console version. Its valuable information.

Also im incredibly salty at Hulks bullshit hitbox. The heels of his feet are hurtboxes during his standing H. So when i would teleport/cartwheel to avoid it i still get hit. By his fucking feet.

Kinda fucked up how they held this back from the console version.

JeTmAn81

I must assume that all you multiplatform invaders must have dual-modded sticks. That's the only thing keeping me from running Marvel on Live. If I had a stick that would work on my Xbox, that would probably be my preferred network as I could hop on and just run random ranked matches nonstop until I finally got to play Mike Ross :p

Xevren

I must assume that all you multiplatform invaders must have dual-modded sticks. That's the only thing keeping me from running Marvel on Live. If I had a stick that would work on my Xbox, that would probably be my preferred network as I could hop on and just run random ranked matches nonstop until I finally got to play Mike Ross :p

Pretty sure some of them are pad warriors.

PSN HBR last night. There was a lot of funny and random stuff going on in this one.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/306394865

Final scores
-
Q= 54 points
Proto= 37 points
Rei= 14 points

Live HBR later tonight. The character rule is axed for this session. Spots still open. PM me for one.

You mean best HBR so far? Sorry Rei, you were our butt ends of the jokes in our chats. Hope you didn't take them seriously.

Although that last minute assist call was the best.

edit: what are the points for again? Do we get some prizes in exchange for points ala Chuck E. Cheese?

El Sloth

Banned
You can check here to see if there are any people in your area who do PS3>360 mods.

It's too bad it's not the other way around (360>PS3) I would tell you to just pick up a TE Kitty and mod it yourself. TE Kitty makes it so damn easy.

Bizazedo

I have a modded 360 shell with a PS2 controller inside with a PS2-->3 converter inside as well. Wired.

It works really well, but the SRK motions are slightly different.

JeTmAn81

You can check here to see if there are any people in your area who do PS3>360 mods.

It's too bad it's not the other way around (360>PS3) I would tell you to just pick up a TE Kitty and mod it yourself. TE Kitty makes it so damn easy.

Yeah, I've checked that thread before and it looks like there's a guy in Seattle, which isn't that close but is doable. Mostly it's just a money issue anyway, as I haven't been able to find the opportunity to invest $80 in dual modding. Plus I'd have to pay for Xbox Live on top of that.

El Sloth

Banned
Yeah, I've checked that thread before and it looks like there's a guy in Seattle, which isn't that close but is doable. Mostly it's just a money issue anyway, as I haven't been able to find the opportunity to invest $80 in dual modding. Plus I'd have to pay for Xbox Live on top of that.
That's the real kicker right there.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Working on 2 teams now.

In the dumb win screen order of a1/point/a2.

d04hO.jpg
INWYy.jpg
D4joM.jpg

It's the "main" team I was using at the end of Vanilla. Changes to hitstun and removal of soft knockdown on Tatsu made me go wah and just stick with my Thor team. Now that I've gone back, I'm now used to most of the changes and can even do the Fatal claw loop now.

cuNXx.jpg
KOyiH.jpg
O3vhW.jpg

Completely ripped off a Japanese player's team with this one. Main reason I gave up on Nova was because I couldn't do his fancy H loop online. Watching the japanese player I took this from, I realize that you do not need those types of combos to be successful with Nova. You can get by with extremely simple MMH fly MMH combos. Nova gets Frank to level 4 off of any hit, so long as I do the Nova combo right and build enough meter. Wesker is there not just for Dark Wesker. He helps extend my Nova combo and makes unblockables with Level 4 Frank West happen.

ReiGun

My team since day one:

nVe61.jpg
ITSf6.jpg
VlJU8.jpg

Another team I came up with that I haven't had much time to try out:
smVjU.jpg
cuNXx.jpg
fnbD7.jpg

NOVA, Y U NO HAVE ALL WHITE ALT? D:

You mean best HBR so far? Sorry Rei, you were our butt ends of the jokes in our chats. Hope you didn't take them seriously.

Although that last minute assist call was the best.
Man it was all good. I was laughing right along with y'all. That last minute assist call had me crying. Lmao

The only time I really got salty was that one Phoenix match cause WHY DID I HIT HER?! D:

psn folks add me
vex_101
I'll add you when I get on later. psn: Reigun16

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Man it was all good. I was laughing right along with y'all. That last minute assist call had me crying. Lmao

The only time I really got salty was that one Phoenix match cause WHY DID I HIT HER?! D:

That was the second time I used phoenix my entire life. :D

Been playing a lot of matches with friends and some online stuff as well, trying to get my skills up some. Been focused on my main team:
PZdVK.jpg
Hlnsx.jpg
C1YBT.jpg

I've started to really work on getting Shuma into something better than what i have right now. Morrigan, i'm watching a lot of stuff on her. I'm not a great Morrigan player by any means, but i am starting to learn how to use her mirror image hyper better. My akuma is my best thing right now by far. Need to find some other teams to be good with though. Need some variety.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rei degened a lot last night. Degen= new word for choke. I will get it in the dictionary if I have to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Q and Proto will get their title shot.

Also. Thursday. If Biz, Tobe and Killa are up to it. Console collision. Live GAF invades PSN GAF.

Team duel. Same rules would apply from the team grudge match. PSN would need to choose their three to go against them.

Q and Proto will get their title shot.

Also. Thursday. If Biz, Tobe and Killa are up to it. Console collision. Live GAF invades PSN GAF.

Team duel. Same rules would apply from the team grudge match. PSN would need to choose their three to go against them.

OH FFUUU... I WANNA BE IN IT! I BET Q DOES TOO

edit: what title shot?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well, I've played against Q recently. Our connection is no bueno. Closest thing you can get to a slideshow match without it being one.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, I've played against Q recently. Our connection is no bueno. Closest thing you can get to a slideshow match without it being one.

actually comcast was being a dick that day, we should recheck. I did a speed test after we played and I had a 0.82mb connection :D

1720725952.png

I had the best net ever that day

I think I discovered a small bit of Phoenix Wright technology. Don't flame me if this is already known but I haven't seen any do this.

So PWs crouching C in investigation mode apparently allows him to crouch lower for a sec. I was playing a Jean and she used her projectile super and I managed to completly dodge and punish her just using PW's crouching C and very easily might I add. I would assume this works on other high hitting low projectiles as well. Maybe like Taskmaster arrows or arthurs lance perhaps. More testing needs to be done but I thought it was interesting.

So which of us from PSN are going to try and hold back the XBL Invaders? I played Sasa already, and he's damn good. Still couldn't believe I got the wins that I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom