• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

LowParry

This seems to be a common complaint. I'd love to hear the reason it feels this way. Like...what went wrong to cause the offness

Juri for example just seems to move faster with everything like she's on turbo mode. Probably just my eyes. Decapre I don't know the hell they did with her teleport. Sluggish as all hell and doesn't feel responsive from what I remember.

vulva

Sony probably ponied up the cash for it but, they aren't the one that did the port.

How so? This isn't an Ubisoft situation where everything is developed in house and comes out awful so we have to blame it on them.

So you mean to say when there are issues with Call Of Duty Ghosts, it's all on Activision instead of Infinity Ward?

Ultimately, yes. The developer submits to the publisher for the publisher to either accept or reject the product after running it through their QA.

And if you want to just look at the developer at fault here, why blame Capcom? Blame Other Ocean

SSReborn

So you mean to say when there are issues with Call Of Duty Ghosts, it's all on Activision instead of Infinity Ward?
I think with this circumstance it's a bit different because the publisher chose which company to hire for the port which directly effected the output of the product.

Shadoken

How is it that when the PS3 stick compatibility was announced all credit went to Sony. Yet now everyone seems to be blaming Capcom.

I dont think RE HD was that bad , and DMC4 doesnt look like its going to be bad either. They are atleast showing tons of footage. Sony screrwed this port big time by just farming it out to some really cheap devs.

How is it that when the PS3 stick compatibility was announced all credit went to Sony. Yet now everyone seems to be blaming Capcom.

I dont think RE HD was that bad , and DMC4 doesnt look like its going to be bad either. They are atleast showing tons of footage. Sony screrwed this port big time by just farming it out to some really cheap devs.
DMC4 is being handled in house (and I think RE HD port was too), so they are fine. Problem here was outsourcing the port to a crappy developer.

"Crapcom" has a better ring to it I guess.

Juri for example just seems to move faster with everything like she's on turbo mode. Probably just my eyes. Decapre I don't know the hell they did with her teleport. Sluggish as all hell and doesn't feel responsive from what I remember.

Maybe we just follow it better because we started to adjust to the decapre shennagians. It isn't new to us anymore we know where it's going and what it's doing.

It's like at first you can't swat a buzzing fly but once you focus its moving slow as fuck.

vulva

The GAF Sony bias too strong

Shadoken

DMC4 is being handled in house (and I think RE HD port was too), so they are fine. Problem here was outsourcing the port to a crappy developer.

But isnt that Sony's problem. The publisher on PSN Store also says SCEA. Capcom is also at fault for completely letting Sony do whatever they want. But ultimately Sony is the one that funded this and chose a cheap developer.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If there was an OT for this:

Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 [OT] Not the game your tournament deserves, but the one it needs.

LowParry

Maybe we just follow it better because we started to adjust to the decapre shennagians. It isn't new to us anymore we know where it's going and what it's doing.

Most likely. It's been a while since I've played. The little of Vega I played felt fine to me however. Probably just comes down to watching tournies on the computer streamed vs seeing on the big screen. I don't even dare to try online though.

SgtCobra

Not sure why people are jumping on Capcom here when this is on Sony. Sony were the ones who made the major decisions here since they're the publisher (remember how Ravidrath mentioned that it was Sony who's to thank for the PS3 sticks working, as they were the publisher). Yet everyone just wants to post lol Capcom.
Exactly, this is pretty much Sony's fault for making a horrible effort at doing the game justice on PS4. It's like they didn't take it serious at all. But well, releasing the first gameplay video 3-4 days before release should've been a bad sign.

What is it with Third Party Production funded ports all running like shit so far?

Small budget perhaps? Not caring enough and only doing this kind of stuff to gain some goodwill from the gamers and positive PR?

The GAF Sony bias too strong
This is unnecessary BS though.

If there was an OT for this:

Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 [OT] Not the game your tournament deserves, but the one it needs.
That's damn good.

My impressions.
-Worse graphics than PC
-Worse online than PC/360
-Eventhub is reporting that this is an older version of the game based on 1.04 & decapre's teleport seems to be slower
-Menu slowdowns. Weak presentation
-Blurry stages with no AF and weaker anti-aliasing than PC.
-Missing sounds in pre-fight intros with akuma in particular
-Input lags seem to be back. Capcom lied?
-Tournament standard huh? LOL

It took forever for the PC version to be good. I highly doubt this version will be ready for EVO. I wish I could get my money back. Do not buy for the first few months. God I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of SFV.

farisr

I think with this circumstance it's a bit different because the publisher chose which company to hire for the port which directly effected the output of the product.

And Activision told infinity ward to create Call Of Guty Ghosts, it's not that big of a difference between the analogies. If a partnership was formed with capcom, it's everyone's responsibility to make sure the game is ported right.

Sony can't be expected to know the nuances of the game, on a move by move, frame by frame basis, their QA's job is to check the game is functioning and there is nothing game breaking, and it doesn't seem like there is anything like that. It's fully functional, but different. Maybe they could raise an issue about AA and AF not being present but that's pretty much all I can see them doing at most.

Capcom should have a QA department for these ports as they have people who are knowledgable, or pro players should've been brought it (which Sony could've done I guess).

But the blame solely falling on one company is just stupid. Other Ocean's at fault here th emost as they are the ones who did the porting, but both Sony and Capcom are also at fault for letting this get released like this, especially after wanting this to be the version EVO uses.

Skux

Getting the game feel right is absolutely crucial and I hope they can fix it through patches.

It's a shame, because this should have been the definitive version of USF4.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Pointing the finger at Sony or Capcom seems silly when you don't know the business parameters of the deal at hand and seems completely bizarre.

These repeatedly terrible Third Party Production ports honestly make me thing they just get taken to the woodshed on some terrible business deals. Still at the end of the day its Capcom's IP so its their priority to make sure its not shit.

My impressions.
-Worse graphics than PC
-Worse online than PC/360
-Eventhub is reporting that this is an older version of the game based on 1.04 & decapre's teleport seems to be slower
-Menu slowdowns. Weak presentation
-Blurry stages with no AF and weaker anti-aliasing than PC.
-Missing sounds in pre-fight intros with akuma in particular
-Input lags seem to be back. Capcom lied?
-Tournament standard huh? LOL

It took forever for the PC version to be good. I highly doubt this version will be ready for EVO. I wish I could get my money back. Do not buy for the first few months. God I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of SFV.

Glad I didn't buy it. Gonna hold out and see if they fix it later on.

FiggyCal

Banned
Why would they mess with the characters? Like nerfing Decapre. Why would anyone think that's a good idea?

It was a bad sign when the last we heard of this game was from last summer. And then surprise: a month ago we find out it's releasing today. That was a clear sign that they didn't give a fuck.

I'm so glad I decided to wait on this. I hope they fix it soon.

16BitNova

Come on guys we are like 2 years into this gen. How have you not learned yet that most games nowadays come with a day 1 patch that makes the game actually playable? #alwaysonlinefuture

smurfx

get some go again
Not sure why people are jumping on Capcom here when this is on Sony. Sony were the ones who made the major decisions here since they're the publisher (remember how Ravidrath mentioned that it was Sony who's to thank for the PS3 sticks working, as they were the publisher). Yet everyone just wants to post lol Capcom.
seeing as how sf is capcom's property you would think they would check in and test out the port once in a while.

HabeeNo

Also guys, this is my first time playing Ultra, so if it was an issue before correct me...

But can you guys see the spacing between the buttons? Really caught my eye the moment I turned it on (just move it a bit to the left please .-.)

Pics from my phone:

lcASN5K.jpg

0rPtmGu.jpg

Robot Pants

It's sad that only the 360 version of this game has ever performed well with almost no issues. PC was good until steamworks

vg260

seeing as how sf is capcom's property you would think they would check in and test out the port once in a while.

Yeah, really. It should only take someone at Capcom one second with the game past the opening video to, say, "whoa, what's going on here?"

Also guys, this is my first time playing Ultra, so if it was an issue before correct me...

But can you guys see the spacing between the buttons? Really caught my eye the moment I turned it on (just move it a bit to the left please .-.)

Pics from my phone:

lcASN5K.jpg

0rPtmGu.jpg
Haha that's not centered at all

Paltheos

Ominous. We'll give it a little more time to see other impressions. If nothing else, tonight's Ultrachen should be interesting.

Except frame delay and input lag are absolutely critical to the gameplay seeing as its a goddamn fighting game.

Yes, I know why frame delay and input lag are critical to a goddamn fighting game, friend. I play them enough. But these have yet to be confirmed properly . Something does feel off to me as well, but I'm waiting until proper analysis with the right tools to work out whether its just me seeing things that aren't there.

FiggyCal

Banned
Ominous. We'll give it a little more time to see other impressions. If nothing else, tonight's Ultrachen should be interesting.

It's been a while since I last tuned in. What time do they stream?

Edit: I don't have the game. But I don't get the black outline criticism. Is that an actual problem or is just occasionally?

I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. It was probably a consequence of some other weird bug or change to the framerate.

I'm sure you are right. I just wished they released this sooner so this stuff got out.

Pics from my phone:

lcASN5K.jpg

0rPtmGu.jpg

This port screams rush job

Top Bottom