• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euron

Edit: My apologies

The reviews are looking really promising at least for the first half of the season. Differentiating from the books may end up being one of the best decisions the showmakers have made.

Or we could end up getting the equivalent of Yara and the dogs....

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So how many episodes leaked? I know four were sent out but I thought I read that six leaked.

Reddit and Twitter are going to turn into minefields :(
A brief word on how we’re going to handle the Game of Thrones leak going forward:

There’s a passage on piracy in the Terms of Service that is written with respect to Gaming Side, and this more or less gets carried over to the OT for television, music, and other media. If you want to discuss the business implications of the leak for HBO, what this means for them going forward, and the mechanics of how they might have been stolen from the network, this is fine.

Linking to pirate download sites, directions on how to get torrent software and the like to work, reviews and impressions of pirated content, talking about how you're currently watching/plan to watch illegally obtained episodes, and anything else like that is strictly prohibited. Obviously, posting spoilers from the leak is going to cop you a lengthy ban, as well. This applies for any television show that we talk about in the OT.

All discussion of this subject is being redirected to this thread. You should not bring up the leaks in either of the two main Game of Thrones threads. The primary reason for this is avoid derailing threads that are intended for discussion of the television show as it airs on HBO as scheduled. We're going to keep those threads on track as best we can.

Hope that makes sense. Please contact moderation if you have specific questions.

EDIT: The OP has been updated to reflect this, as well.

Violater

Edit: My apologies

The reviews are looking really promising at least for the first half of the season. Differentiating from the books may end up being one of the best decisions the shoemakers have made.

Or we could end up getting the equivalent of Yara and the dogs....

Cobblers?

"Corn, corn!"

That reminds me, did any of you guys ever see that crackpot theory that claims that what Mormont's raven says is prophetic (including on how many times he says something)? It's pretty baller.
Pun very much intended

The westeros forums are down atm, otherwise I'd link you guys to the thread with the guy who used cryptographic methods to decipher the raven's stuff.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That reminds me, did any of you guys ever see that crackpot theory that claims that what Mormont's raven says is prophetic (including on how many times he says something)? It's pretty baller.
Pun very much intended

The westeros forums are down atm, otherwise I'd link you guys to the thread with the guy who used cryptographic methods to decipher the raven's stuff.
The raven was totally being warged by Brynden.

I spent a huge amount of time reading all of the ASOIF books last year and now I realize I don't remember a thing that happened in any of them.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I spent a huge amount of time reading all of the ASOIF books last year and now I realize I don't remember a thing that happened in any of them.

Re-read them. That happened to me the first time, because I just wanted to find out what happened.

RedShift

I would say almost confirmed cut. Along with Arianne and Quetyn, it just makes it easier to tell the story.

When I was re-watching Season 2 Tyrion refers to Trystane as the Martell's 'youngest son', which sounds so ridiculous now they've cut all his siblings.

It is a bit disappointing they seem to have cut most of the expansion of the story GRRM did after ASOS. No Greyjoys, barely any Martells, fAegon possibly gone, no Stoneheart...

Patriots7

When I was re-watching Season 2 Tyrion refers to Trystane as the Martell's 'youngest son', which sounds so ridiculous now they've cut all his siblings.

It is a bit disappointing they seem to have cut most of the expansion of the story GRRM did after ASOS. No Greyjoys, barely any Martells, fAegon possibly gone, no Stoneheart...
I hear we're eventually going to see a lot of Highgarden in the books. I wonder if that's gonna end up happening in the show.

I really just got finished becoming a believer in Aegon/Sansa making sense. Looks like it's not happening.

Iksenpets

Banned
I hear we're eventually going to see a lot of Highgarden in the books. I wonder if that's gonna end up happening in the show.

I really just got finished becoming a believer in Aegon/Sansa making sense. Looks like it's not happening.

I don't think it rules anything out totally. Aegon/Sansa would probably just become Trystane/Sansa. I think you're going to see a lot of Aegon rolled into Trystane.

cj_iwakura

Got it working from the website, let's do this.
lR9LOTtoReum7ya93djU_BirdmanShine.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

Back then, they probably didn't have a plan for how book 4/5 would work with so many characters. I think when planning season 3, they started the changes, but I'm not sure. I really hope they come out with something on how they planned the show, and the changes made. Would be interesting.

Speaking of the Sansa/Ramsay situation...in the show Alyane is Littlefinger's neice, not his daughter, which again makes no sense as why this marriage makes any sense at all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
As always, I shall check into this thread after the episode airs to make sure there are no big book spoilers that would prevent me from watching the episode. I trust you shall all have my back

IxpINtH.gif

SlickVic

9 Eastern/6 Pacific. Episode will be up on HBO GO as soon as it starts airing on the east coast (may take a few minutes to show up).

Sweet it'll be out nice and early on Pacific time then. Don't think I'll watch it right at 6 since I want to to finish up some work for the day and maybe pick up some good food to enjoy with the episode, but good to know.

Violater

As always, I shall check into this thread after the episode airs to make sure there are no big book spoilers that would prevent me from watching the episode. I trust you shall all have my back

http://i.imgur.com/IxpINtH.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Lol, is this a thing?
I have abandoned hope that the books will ever come before the show ends.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, why not? This season is supposed to be relatively light on TWOW material, so I expect it to be fairly easy to dodge spoilers. Next season though...
I helped you last season and I'll try again this one. The big problem is that the major show deviations may inform us on possible TWoW spoilers but we won't know for sure. I really think it's time for you to stop caring or drop the show right now.

Dysun

I haven't been less excited for a new season than I am this one, hopefully the deviations surprise me in a good way

Brakke

Banned
Yes?

I would assume most people hate being spoiled on something they haven't watched or read yet.

I dunno! I never heard "spoilers" until like The Sixth Sense I guess. People read spoilers all the time in school when they got the Sparks Notes to every book in the damn class...

I dunno! I never heard "spoilers" until like The Sixth Sense I guess. People read spoilers all the time in school when they got the Sparks Notes to every book in the damn class...
People value entertainment spoilers more than they do homework spoilers. Go figure.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
For everyone trying to avoid future book spoilers in this age of social media...

22362023.jpg

It was reasonably possible to get though the show without book spoilers, with the meme-ability of this show, book readers will pretty much never get to read the books fresh. Avoiding show spoilers is not practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom