• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iksenpets

Banned
Whether Jon Snow dies or not shouldn't be spoiler for book readers. Only the dimmest of readers expect Jon to die. The author of the Pink Letter would be the more interesting spoiler. Is there any info regarding the show doing the Pink Letter angle?

The moment Jon gets stabbed will be a huge shock to show only watchers if done right. How to hide Kit in the off-season shouldn't be of any concern. If people find out he's coming back next season, it's not going to ruin the moment.

Premier spoilers:
I would say that the fact that they appear to be killing off Mance for real puts a huge hole in some of the more popular Pink Letter theories.

"Only"? That's pretty lengthy by any action scene standards, especially one that presumably isn't the sole focus of a one hour episode, and even in the two "battle" episodes of the show you'll probably find that the actual amount of literal action scenes probably isn't much longer than 18 minutes anyways.

You're presuming that all of that is action?

ZeroRay

18 minutes is a lot. Especially if it doesn't cut to anywhere else. Looks like the final three episodes are gonna be cray cray.

Pretty hyped just to see certain scenes play out.

Edit:

Premier spoilers:
I would say that the fact that they appear to be killing off Mance for real puts a huge hole in some of the more popular Pink Letter theories.

If that happens, I'm just gonna assume that they'll let Mance die with dignity in this version while having Sansa's retinue dispose of Ramsay.

In reference to above
Blackwater and Watchers on the Wall each have about 30 minutes of battle (maybe more for Watchers), 18 minutes is still a pretty damn big battle scene.

scabro

mother of fuck. god damn. i didn't realize i clicked the book spoilers thread

:(

apparently R.I.P until you dont, jon snow

scabro

And the new season claims its first victim.

Ah well. Come the end of the season, this'll be a non-factor.

People need to learn how to subscribe to threads. D:
lol gotta live on the edge sometimes, im a wildman.
Soon we will all be in the same boat. Book readers and show watchers all crammed in like sardines.
I don't really mind spoilers much anyway, they tend to just hype me up to figure out/when/why something happens. I think all i got completely was that Jon dies.Don't wanna read any more, but my initial skimming gave me the impression Jon coming back is mostly speculation? Whatever, i'll leave that up for the show to clear up haha. Enjoy your book reader privilege while you still can guys :D

foxtrot3d

Banned
lol gotta live on the edge sometimes, im a wildman.

I don't really mind spoilers much anyway, they tend to just hype me up to figure out/when/why something happens. I think all i got completely was that Jon dies.Don't wanna read any more, but my initial skimming gave me the impression Jon coming back is mostly speculation? Whatever, i'll leave that up for the show to clear up haha. Enjoy your book reader privilege while you still can guys :D

You know nothing scabro.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Both. He emoted a hell of a lot more then the previous 3. His scene with the Knights Watch council in S4E1 stood out like a sore thumb among the rest of his scenes previously.
He probably learned some from doing Pomepeii as what I'm guessing.

Is Hardhome battle 18 mins of pure action? Or is 18 mins of that episode being devoted to Jon?

Joni

Premier spoilers:

They have to fake kill him, no? I don't know any premier spoilers, but is there a possibility that they're killing someone else disguised as Mance like in the books?

Brakke

Banned
Just finished re-watching last season to get hyped.

I'm usually pretty detatched when I'm re-watching something, mostly just want some background noise while playing a 3DS game or whatever. But man. Fuck if I don't experience total agony every time The Mountain Vs The Viper happens. Every time I've reread it, every time I've watched it, I just get enthralled all over again.

It's so easy to not get bopped, Oberyn!! Maybe *this* time someone will call out to him to finish it clean...

NeoGiff

They have to fake kill him, no? I don't know any premier spoilers, but is there a possibility that they're killing someone else disguised as Mance like in the books?

Based on the evidence,
that possibility is somewhere between slim and nonexistent.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

i feel as if it would just add another complex layer to the Winterfell plot, so getting rid of Mance early might just be easier

Kain

Just finished re-watching last season to get hyped.

I'm usually pretty detatched when I'm re-watching something, mostly just want some background noise while playing a 3DS game or whatever. But man. Fuck if I don't experience total agony every time The Mountain Vs The Viper happens. Every time I've reread it, every time I've watched it, I just get enthralled all over again.

It's so easy to not get bopped, Oberyn!! Maybe *this* time someone will call out to him to finish it clean...

Oberyn's death is the worst event by far in all the series for me. Yeah, the Starks are the good guys, poor Kevan, yadayada, but fuck it, he was right, he deserved vengeance, the first time I read the fight I pictured him killing Sandor and then leaping and impaling Tywin with his spear but nooooooooo, he had to gloat and he had to die. Fuck George for that.

Iksenpets

Banned
So it's the antithesis of AFFC/ADWD.

For all we may end up complaining about whatever changes may come, the way that they have managed to shift the entire structure from expansion to contraction, while actually rewriting relatively little of the overall plot is really impressive.

For all we may end up complaining about whatever changes may come, the way that they have managed to shift the entire structure from expansion to contraction, while actually rewriting relatively little of the overall plot is really impressive.

Seeing how they handle this is the most exciting thing about this season for me.

Best 4 episode stretch the series has ever had?

choo choo

Did you read that wrong? He said it wasn't.

So it's the antithesis of AFFC/ADWD.

Yeah that seems to be their goal for AFFC/ADWD adaption from what they've been saying and from the sound of reviews on the first four EPs, sounds like they succeeded.

Selmy going ham on some harpies

I hope he isn't the character that dies. I liked his perspective in the books

He's not in the end fight from the promos so either he dies earlier or he is stuck outside the arena and he's fighting his way in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom