• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Senate votes to block rule preventing mentally impaired from buying guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

Hooray for due process!

This is the right decision.

It's so obvious that people are not reading the thread, and not following the story closely at all, just coming in with "NRA bad...blah blah" knee jerk reactions.

Look at Mammoth's posts in the first page. Click a link. See why disability organizations and the ACLU support this move. At least give a thought to a nuanced issue that cannot be just based on "Obama good, Republicans bad."

It was a deeply flawed rule and probably deserved its fate. That said, I don't have a lot of faith in the GOP to craft up a new one.

Llyranor

It's not just violence towards other people, but also themselves. A suicidal depression person with easy access to a gun is a bad recipe.
That's why you have to screen them appropriately! And that's why this vote is the correct vote.
But aside from trying to destroy the healthcare system, are the Republicans trying to do anything about increased screening and background checks and better access to mental health care?

RedAssedApe

Banned
^ yup. repeal and "replace"

except they don't have anything to replace anything with or are likely unwilling to (i.e. better gun control laws)

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
It's not just violence towards other people, but also themselves. A suicidal depression person with easy access to a gun is a bad recipe.

But aside from trying to destroy the healthcare system, are the Republicans trying to do anything about increased screening and background checks and better access to mental health care?

I'm democrat, this is a different situation though. And no I don't think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom