• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valorant is coming to consoles | Summer Game Fest 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

VALORANT is a character-based 5v5 tactical shooter set on the global stage. Outwit, outplay, and outshine your competition with tactical abilities, precise gunplay, and adaptive teamwork.DEFY THE LIMITSBlend your style and experience on a global, competitive stage.

You have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using sharp gunplay and tactical abilities. And, with one life per-round, you'll need to think faster than your opponent if you want to survive. Take on foes across Competitive and Unranked modes as well as Deathmatch and Spike Rush.CREATIVITY IS YOUR GREATEST WEAPONMore than guns and bullets, you’ll choose an Agent armed with adaptive, swift, and lethal abilities that create opportunities to let your gunplay shine. No two Agents play alike, just as no two highlight reels will look the same.FIGHT AROUND THE WORLD

Each map is a playground to showcase your creative thinking. Purpose-built for team strategies, spectacular plays, and clutch moments. Make the play others will imitate for years to come.

Last edited:
I liked Valorant but I hated how it just became a race to Sniper rifles. Not sure if they ever fixed that but last time my cousin checked it was still the same. Console might be better since I noticed sniper characters aren't as bad in Overwatch as it is on PC.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
wBRqQwG.png

Concord just died.
Rest in piece king.
Idk I feel like Concord is where the causals might go to if Valorant is full of sweatys.

Rainbow Six Siege gets hard to get into again when I take monthly breaks. My COD friends won’t even touch the game. Then again this is assuming Concord is more causal, and I never played Valorant.

don’t forget the Marvel game too.

concord devs need to tone down the pronouns and rip out half that roster unless they want to be doa

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Excited to try this. Fuck off ximmers. Riot, you have one shot at this off the starting line.

Fbh

No pronouns no buy download

I liked Valorant but I hated how it just became a race to Sniper rifles. Not sure if they ever fixed that but last time my cousin checked it was still the same. Console might be better since I noticed sniper characters aren't as bad in Overwatch as it is on PC.

Do weapon spawn on the map like in Halo? Or are there the usual loadouts or unique characters with unique weapons?

No pronouns no buy download

Do weapon spawn on the map like in Halo? Or are there the usual loadouts or unique characters with unique weapons?

If i remember correctly you get money throughout the match (kills I think) and then eventually you can afford to buy stronger weapons. The Sniper being one of them.

Fbh

If i remember correctly you get money throughout the match (kills I think) and then eventually you can afford to buy stronger weapons. The Sniper being one of them.

Oh so it's sort of like Counter Strike.
Not really my thing, but thx.

Mr.ODST

Interesting to see consoles getting a counter-strike round based shooter..

Luckily its come out just to destroy that woke shit concord

Idk I feel like Concord is where the causals might go to if Valorant is full of sweatys.

Rainbow Six Siege gets hard to get into again when I take monthly breaks. My COD friends won’t even touch the game. Then again this is assuming Concord is more causal, and I never played Valorant.
Yeah, way too hardcore for casual console gamers. Games like Valorant and Counter Strike are all about reaction time and that really requires mouse and Keyboard. I do wonder if their will be cross play. The PC userbase will be pissed if Valve makes controller viable with controller-assist aim

Last edited:

Gudji

I changed my mind then, I'll bite if it's f2p.
It's f2p but on PC you have to use riot launcher to install the game and it also installs an anti-cheat called vanguard, which has access to your PC kernel (which is why some people hate it).

For this type of game mouse and keyboard is a must have imo. It's basically counter-strike mixed with overwatch sorta.

Top Bottom