• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valorant is coming to consoles | Summer Game Fest 2024

So does this also has heroes that u have to grind for till eternity in league of legends ?
Also I think gamepass has all riot games heroes unlocked it applies to this as well ?

xHunter

What valorant has to do with concord? Yes they both have heroes, but completeley different games. One game will play good on controller while the other one isnt
This. You can clearly tell who here is trolling and who has actually played shooters. Or in this case Valorant, which is literally a copy of CS mixed with Hero abilities.

Gudji

What valorant has to do with concord? Yes they both have heroes, but completeley different games. One game will play good on controller while the other one isnt
Yeah I bet concord will be more fun to play on console. To me it looked like Destiny with heroes and once I saw a couple of ex-bungie guys on screen I knew why.

The woke shit and what not I could do without but maybe it's fun.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Considering this is using UE4's Mobile renderer and runs on a literal potato on PC, this could easily run on PS4/XBO and likely Switch too.

Going current-gen only is for this game a decision i don't understand. Its incredibly light weight to the point that even PS4/XBO grade hardware will have zero issues hitting 1080p60, generally speaking. Then again i don't know of any UE4 game on console that uses the Mobile rendering pipeline.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
What in the low IQ societal regressive tradition is a "ximmer?"
A person that uses an adapter (called Xim) that tricks the console into letting you use mouse and keyboard instead of a controller. Gives a huge advantage due to having much better aim coupled with having controller auto-aim like features made for controller joysticks.

it will absolutely ruin a counter strike game like Valorant where headshots reign supreme.

Barakov

Gold Member

Benedict Cumberbatch Drinking GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A person that uses an adapter (called Xim) that tricks the console into letting you use mouse and keyboard instead of a controller. Gives a huge advantage due to having much better aim coupled with having controller auto-aim like features made for controller joysticks.

it will absolutely ruin a counter strike game like Valorant where headshots reign supreme.
I guess I rest my case. Those who use that fit the picture I painted.

for people saying this, how is this any different to a rainbow six siege that also isn’t really meant for console?
I played this game on both PC and console for a very long time on each. R6 feels way better to play on PC you can tell it's the way it was meant to be played but it's also full of hackers. Console doesn't feel as good but I've never seen anyone shoot me through a wall or watch my teammates shoot someone through a wall then apologize because he knows we are going to be deranked once hes reported.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’ll be interested in a console version to be honest just to see how it plays.

I adore this game on PC as do I adore CS2. However, Valorants major issue is its community. It’s 99% alt accounts which are 12 year olds (not a meme), and they do the most obnoxious shit. Afk, quit out after a few rounds to force 4v5s, they’ll throw utility at you to screw with you, they’ll follow you around shooting to give away your position, they’ll only use one weapon type all game like a crap marshal sniper, and more.

At least in CS2 everyone is trying to win even if they are injuring you in spawn or calling you racial slurs.

I hate feeling prisoner to a retard for 30+ minutes on a lost game. I quit out I’m heavily punished.

Riot is banning hardware for toxic voice and chat but they still can’t detect the real fucking douche bags I described above who should be perma banned from all of their games and others.

I would love if all these competitive game devs got together to share emails that were registered they banned , and this would ban you from other games as well. Unfortunately it’s so easy to make a new account in F2P games to go troll.

/end rant. Can’t wait to try it on console lol.

dreamstation

Gold Member
Keen for a PS5 code if anyone has a spare :D

Edit - Ok looks like the beta isn't available in Australia. Well that's shit.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Considering this is using UE4's Mobile renderer and runs on a literal potato on PC, this could easily run on PS4/XBO and likely Switch too.

Going current-gen only is for this game a decision i don't understand. It’s incredibly light weight to the point that even PS4/XBO grade hardware will have zero issues hitting 1080p60, generally speaking. Then again i don't know of any UE4 game on console that uses the Mobile rendering pipeline.
because they don’t want to support those platforms indefinitely then have to deal with cutting off support at some time in the future.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If anyone has an extra code for the ps5 let me know.

These controls look really bad but I do want to try it.

Neon Xenon

Not looking to play Valorant on any platform anytime soon (never got into CS and that style of gameplay), but I am curious about how Valorant will play out on consoles.

Not looking to play Valorant on any platform anytime soon (never got into CS and that style of gameplay), but I am curious about how Valorant will play out on consoles.
It's a good port for sure. I question how big this will be on console. It is just as hardcore as CS. Not a game for casuals at all

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

It's a good port for sure. I question how big this will be on console. It is just as hardcore as CS. Not a game for casuals at all
That's a big part of why I want to see where this goes. This is not typically a game I would see on consoles.

While I do say that I'm not looking to play Valorant (not at the moment, at least, I'm currently into The Finals), I find myself watching a Valorant stream every now and then. I do have some interest in the game.

Also, I think Viper is really hot.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Until another tech video comes along, lets refer to this one.

Looks like frame rate is locked tighter than a nun's drawers with only minor drops to 118~ fps on PS5/SX and a few more on Series S.

Top Bottom